What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I would really appreciate it if your sources could provide a picture too.
Congratulations Though.
Hope the cooperation prevails. and this opens doors for other ventures.
sure..!!
i will.. as soon as i get them.. bro.. :D

The JF-17 Block 2 Design didn't seem to be a major improvement on the block 1 design except for the addition of a refueling probe and more indigenous content. Hopefully block 3 will not be the same.
what basic design changes should be made to the jf-17 to improve performance significantly

If a stealthier nose, larger radome, and a higher up canopy added it would allow the pilot to see further (visibly and on radar while lowering RCS)

Attachments

• stealth canopy and larger radome model.jpg
    stealth canopy and larger radome model.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 285
The JF-17 Block 2 Design didn't seem to be a major improvement on the block 1 design except for the addition of a refueling probe and more indigenous content. Hopefully block 3 will not be the same.
what basic design changes should be made to the jf-17 to improve performance significantly

If a stealthier nose, larger radome, and a higher up canopy added it would allow the pilot to see further (visibly and on radar while lowering RCS)

Hi,

Just a potent EW suite would do the job as of now. Its performance is excellent for an aircraft its size----.

Yeah, no.

You aren't the first one to come up with this change, and the last time a similar thread was opened with this idea, it was pointed out just how terrible it was.

Yeah, no.

You aren't the first one to come up with this change, and the last time a similar thread was opened with this idea, it was pointed out just how terrible it was.
Based on this, it should be closed. Regarding the JF-17 ,certain members behave in that most pithiful of sayings .. how does it go?? "hijron ki ghar larka howa..??
It is a project for a purpose, not to go ahead and start making it into some starship; as if money for it is hanging off Qandeel Baloch's Lehenga.

What ever level do the jf17. Looking at the developments arround Pakistan, PAF needs to induct a top class platform. J31 fits well but it seems late.
No doubt China is developing at phenomenal speed in all defence sectors. Its better for our future to stick with Chinese leaving ridiculously fraud americans. Now americans are fighting the war of their survival at many diffrent fronts....can delay but can't change their fate.

Yeah, no.

I haven't been on the forum in a while, could you please reiterate the salient points of why its not a good idea.
It seems to me the Gripen E; and the Gripen development in general; is the best role model for the JF-17
if we incorporate features from the gripen design (such as easy and quick turnaround) we can get the most out of the JF-17
I dont want a complete redesign; but raising the cockpit and increasing the size of the radome to incorporate a larger radar will give better all around visibility and situation awareness; as well as allowing weapons to be used further out.

I haven't been on the forum in a while, could you please reiterate the salient points of why its not a good idea.
It seems to me the Gripen E; and the Gripen development in general; is the best role model for the JF-17
if we incorporate features from the gripen design (such as easy and quick turnaround) we can get the most out of the JF-17
I dont want a complete redesign; but raising the cockpit and increasing the size of the radome to incorporate a larger radar will give better all around visibility and situation awareness; as well as allowing weapons to be used further out.

Hi,

You are right about change---change is the reality of life---. But at this stage---the first important factor is stability of the design---.

BLK2 is the base that the workings of the JF17 would be established on---so the foundation needs to be strong and tight. A stable platform is from where you can project.

I would say that ' modification ' would be the proper term to use here---the radome could be modified---if need but the canopy---I would doubt it---because the emphasis is given on sensors and sensor fusion and there are three large screens in front of you with all the information and displays & also there has been no mention of any issues with visibility from the cockpit.

The JF17 is designed fro very quick turn around---supposedly one technician can take care of the basics issues and checkup.

The only and only concern right now is the EW suite----otherwise the aircraft has gained the ' tier ' that it was designed for mechanically.

Even though I have been critical regarding this aircraft at what it should have been----but that is a different story---.

Basing it and taking it on its ' own merits '---and ' understanding ' that this is what I have---with the right package---it would be as deadly as the Gripen E----there is no doubts in my mind about that---.

Based on this, it should be closed. Regarding the JF-17 ,certain members behave in that most pithiful of sayings .. how does it go?? "hijron ki ghar larka howa..??
It is a project for a purpose, not to go ahead and start making it into some starship; as if money for it is hanging off Qandeel Baloch's Lehenga.

Do forgive the simplistic view. Have read/studied this forum for years. Took some courage to post simplistic views.

Somehow, kind souls forget what a monumental achievement this little bird is for a country that has somehow defied powers that be and still kinda exists. Simply amazing feat...

Compared to what the PAF had and what JF has done for them... this is a great achievement, very rare thing to celebrate.

JF is the mother of all the fighters and rest of aviation products that will come from PAC.

From crawling to standing to walking and now a gentle run... this programme is the very essence of independence for PAF.

Only better things can be built upon this.

Wish kind people see this through this paradigm. Might be old and silly, but wish you all the very best.

Never belittle this little bird. See in it the genesis of great eagles...certainly never compare to your kind eastern neighbour. Different context different ball game.

There is talent on this forum...some brovado and much youthful boasts... totally understandable..

However, for serious discussion wouldn't it be wise that criteria be made for those who can truly challenge and push things/thinkinig forward in rational manner? Rest of the threads be left for usual Íam bigger than' youth.

Wish you all the very best. If any offence is caused, do forgive.

Hi,

You are right about change---change is the reality of life---. But at this stage---the first important factor is stability of the design---.

BLK2 is the base that the workings of the JF17 would be established on---so the foundation needs to be strong and tight. A stable platform is from where you can project.

I would say that ' modification ' would be the proper term to use here---the radome could be modified---if need but the canopy---I would doubt it---because the emphasis is given on sensors and sensor fusion and there are three large screens in front of you with all the information and displays & also there has been no mention of any issues with visibility from the cockpit.

The JF17 is designed fro very quick turn around---supposedly one technician can take care of the basics issues and checkup.

The only and only concern right now is the EW suite----otherwise the aircraft has gained the ' tier ' that it was designed for mechanically.

Even though I have been critical regarding this aircraft at what it should have been----but that is a different story---.

Basing it and taking it on its ' own merits '---and ' understanding ' that this is what I have---with the right package---it would be as deadly as the Gripen E----there is no doubts in my mind about that---.
I completely agree with you. For block 3 air to air weapons package will be different(for BVR combat PL-15 and for WVR combat PL-10 or A-darter, new radar, new engine because engine is the main thing which is holding JF-17 back and block 3 would definitely require some structural modification and it is only possible with a better engine. That leaves EW suite, I think either we should go for the best EW suite that Chinese can offer us or we should go for Selex ES.
@Quwa @Bilal Khan 777

Do forgive the simplistic view. Have read/studied this forum for years. Took some courage to post simplistic views.

Somehow, kind souls forget what a monumental achievement this little bird is for a country that has somehow defied powers that be and still kinda exists. Simply amazing feat...

Compared to what the PAF had and what JF has done for them... this is a great achievement, very rare thing to celebrate.

JF is the mother of all the fighters and rest of aviation products that will come from PAC.

From crawling to standing to walking and now a gentle run... this programme is the very essence of independence for PAF.

Only better things can be built upon this.

Wish kind people see this through this paradigm. Might be old and silly, but wish you all the very best.

Never belittle this little bird. See in it the genesis of great eagles...certainly never compare to your kind eastern neighbour. Different context different ball game.

There is talent on this forum...some brovado and much youthful boasts... totally understandable..

However, for serious discussion wouldn't it be wise that criteria be made for those who can truly challenge and push things/thinkinig forward in rational manner? Rest of the threads be left for usual Íam bigger than' youth.

Wish you all the very best. If any offence is caused, do forgive.
While that is all understandable, it is important that we force the younger or less informed members to seek out knowledge. Our country suffers from the problem that people are always ready to make suggestions without first doing a background on what they suggest. This ends up not only making their suggestions looks foolish, it is unfair in a way that they too are unable to understand the "why not" because they have no done that initial homework.

How many of these folks making suggestions hold a degree in aerospace or mechical eng and has substantially worked in aerospace industry , is there anyone who has worked for lockheed, Boeing , dassult, Mikoyan or PAC even

I am just curious

While that is all understandable, it is important that we force the younger or less informed members to seek out knowledge. Our country suffers from the problem that people are always ready to make suggestions without first doing a background on what they suggest. This ends up not only making their suggestions looks foolish, it is unfair in a way that they too are unable to understand the "why not" because they have no done that initial homework.

Kind sir, your understanding of your fellow countrymen is commendable.

It is human condition really to part with reason and let impluse of emtion rule.

Here in the West it is no different either. People, like yourself and other rational posters are true treasure to any country. Bless you all, may your efforts be fruitful.

One only wishes that there be established a framework of thought on given subject and hence the discussion proceeds forward.

Naturally, towards a synthesis which must elevate insights and understanding of participants. Would it not be of great help to your fellow citizens here at this form then?

Perhaps being older fosters such 'borning' outlook. Netherless, when a cold analysis is perfromed based system dynamics, surely, your landscape is far more than perhaps many here realise. And it is not mere strategic location of your homeland.

I agree with your view. Do forgive, should it have appeared imposing unduly.

Back
Top Bottom