What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you provide any source for WS-13 thrust for 100kN with afterburner. I guess its maximum thrust id 51.2 kN dry & 86.37 kN with afterburner. An improved version is under development only but no confirmed reports, if there are any source for it pls post here.

Two Engines are under development WS-12 and WS-13 one of them has TV Nozzels and 100KN Thrust which will be used for future blocks.

JFT has carried out Flight tests with this Engine so it wont be long before it will power the operational ac's.

Currently there is no source available apart from the recent articles on globalsecurity website that has been posted many times.

Two Engines are under development WS-12 and WS-13 one of them has TV Nozzels and 100KN Thrust which will be used for future blocks.

JFT has carried out Flight tests with this Engine so it wont be long before it will power the operational ac's.

Currently there is no source available apart from the recent articles on globalsecurity website that has been posted many times.

the TV nozzel engines is originally meant for the FC-20 and not the JFT future blocks.

regards!

the TV nozzel engines is originally meant for the FC-20 and not the JFT future blocks.

regards!

But j-10 doesn't use TVC and Reports says neither Fc-20, because it will increase the complexity of aircraft controlling during maneuvers.

But j-10 doesn't use TVC and Reports says neither Fc-20, because it will increase the complexity of aircraft controlling during maneuvers.

Why does J-10 need TVC?

How many instances there have been when TVC saved a pilot's arse....?
Please mention.

Also, whether TVC or not, they certainly cannot out run and out turn the new AAMs which can sustain 40Gs.....

I hope JF-17 uses an integrated IRST pod - just like FC-20. Its been at least 7 years since AWC rolled out the wing-based IRST, so I'd imagine we would see considerable improvements in terms of performance & weight in the system for JF-17. Ideally it could be situated under the nose-cone or in front of the canopy...but for the latter, I think the canopy will need some form of visual improvement. A good reference point might be to see how the F/A-18 Hornet and JAS-39 Gripen series addressed it...may need elevated seating & a slightly bigger canopy.

Hi,

That would be going towards more of a bubble type canopy---is that what you are saying.

It would be nice to have that---but wouldn't that require some structural changes in the front---as the top back part of the canopy is pretty much flush with the frame of the aircraft as of now----.

The canopy should have been a bubble type from the begining---I think it would require some major engineering changes becase it would completely change the current geometry of ther aircraft.

I think it is too late to make these changes----it would be better to go for more J 10 B's---.

According to PACs official site JFT uses IRST but not much details r given about the system!

Even Saab is feeling the heat.....:coffee:

.....Gripen officials are keeping a close watch on the international marketplace, where they are tracking 17 countries for potential sales opportunities. A couple more opportunities are expected to emerge this year.

But competition remains heated, with possible new entrants such as the Chinese-Pakistani JF-17. Gripen officials say they have seen no impact from the appearance of the JF-17 on the scene yet. However, one company official acknowledges “we have to watch the JF-17 as well.”

Gripen NG Decoy Decision Nears | AVIATION WEEK

Hi,

Being in material sales myself---I beleive that pak is just offering anyone and everybody this aircraft openly. In material sales, on world level, this is not a good practise.

First of all, the plane should have been offered discreetly to a limited few---which means that you will automatically arouse the interest of those who are not invited---that is human nature---the focus need to be on the primary targets---those who want to make the purchase decision now.

The foucs needs to be to close the first deal in a years time frame or less---to start the delivery of two to four aircraft in a year and a half to two years time frame after that.

The first close is the most crucial one for pakistan---it is in same league to the breaking of the sound barrier for the very first time.

The true Grippen market will not suffer---.

what is the report on babies(JFT) . . . . returning from FIA . . . . .
right now where they are what are the future plan . .. . .. . .

and when they are coming home . . . .. . ..

:china::pakistan:

Hi,

Being in material sales myself---I beleive that pak is just offering anyone and everybody this aircraft openly. In material sales, on world level, this is not a good practise.

First of all, the plane should have been offered discreetly to a limited few---which means that you will automatically arouse the interest of those who are not invited---that is human nature---the focus need to be on the primary targets---those who want to make the purchase decision now.

The foucs needs to be to close the first deal in a years time frame or less---to start the delivery of two to four aircraft in a year and a half to two years time frame after that.

The first close is the most crucial one for pakistan---it is in same league to the breaking of the sound barrier for the very first time.

The six sigma (AIDA) Attention-Interest-Desire-Action principle is something I find works best, simple yet highly effective in most circumstances.

Hi,

I don't know what you mean by Materials sales, as in the construction materials sales like metal, composites and plastics or are you referring to materials in metaphoric way, considering JF-17 as a material object?

Anyway, No confirmation is yet made on who is getting it and who not.

Egypt and Azerbaijan are showing interest for a long time and PAF is on good terms with them so the first orders if any, will be for them.
Remember, don't just jump to conclusions because the most vital part, engines deal is still not worked out yet. For PAF yes, for export not.

Also, there is nothing harm in offering JF-17 to friendly countries. We can always get JVs and other things in return. It's just the start, not culmination of it. Don't know why you are so concerned about who gets it....

I don't know what you mean by Materials sales, as in the construction materials sales like metal, composites and plastics or are you referring to materials in metaphoric way, considering JF-17 as a material object?

Anyway, No confirmation is yet made on who is getting it and who not.

Egypt and Azerbaijan are showing interest for a long time and PAF is on good terms with them so the first orders if any, will be for them.
Remember, don't just jump to conclusions because the most vital part, engines deal is still not worked out yet. For PAF yes, for export not.

Also, there is nothing harm in offering JF-17 to friendly countries. We can always get JVs and other things in return. It's just the start, not culmination of it. Don't know why you are so concerned about who gets it....

Hi,

You didnot understand what I was saying---it was not meant for you. Sorry again.

Hi,

Very well written and professional answer.

top back part of the canopy is pretty much flush with the frame of the aircraft as of now----.
f35test_024.jpg

^Like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom