What's new

JF-17 Thunder in Dubai Air Show 2013.

Stall Position Flyby .......

dubai13_043.jpg
what is that oil leak stain at the bottom??

k stain at the bottom??
when the plane completes the high AoA/stall at 4:59, it goes into a climb steep climb (from a slow speed), that should indicate good TWR.

This is where we see JFT gets into stall and slightly spinning around its center of mass. Beautiful demonstration of balance and control. Bravo to Ronald who has shown us a new side of thunder.

For all this talk of selling the JF-17, wouldn't the priority be to produce it to fill the Pakistan air force order first?

I believe the only country capable of fulfilling its own order and sell to others on time is the US right now.

So, how urgent is this?

Besides, J-7s, a third gen fighter was just sold not 2 years ago, so we got plenty of time to sell, operating a fifth gen is crazy expensive, so a lot of nations will still look to fourth gen and 4+ gen 20 years from now.

i must say Ronald is one skilled pilot, just loved the way he handled the plane particularly during turns, slow pass and climb and the loop !

what is that oil leak stain at the bottom??

yeah looks like engine oil

here is a fun fact:
There is no oil change required on turbines, you just top it up.

maybe this pic shows one of the reasons, the damn thing leaks so much

you can stall an aircraft while flying straight

You can, but then an aircraft with enough engine thrust and an engine that can spool up relatively quickly can pull the aircraft of out stall. You need some altitude for that, but it's easy. For an aircraft like the Su-35, with the engines at max thrust, the T/W ratio is above 1, meaning, the plane doesn't even need the wings to fly, it's basically a rocket, with just enough air passing over the control surfaces needed, to make them effective.

This video demonstrates the excellent handling and agility of JF-17, especially that vertical climb, straight up. Better than what i expected, but then, we haven't seem much flying of JF-17 until now.

Shows the aircraft is truly responding well and the pilot has the full confidence.

@MastanKhan

Mastan sahib, your inputs on the recent performance of jf-17 would be welcome.

i must say Ronald is one skilled pilot, just loved the way he handled the plane particularly during turns, slow pass and climb and the loop !

At the end, the aircraft goes vertical to 10,000ft and the spectators are left clueless!

This year every comment about flight and performance is positive. It shows when previous years members were criticizing cuban 8 and double loop, they were right.

Back
Top Bottom