What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block-II replaces F-7P Skybolt of the Number 2 Minhas Squadron.

150 ... 50 Block-I, 50 Block-II and 50 Block-III ... as announced till now. It has not been announced how many more will be produced / ordered. Probably will depend on what further enhancements are planned after Block-III and what other platforms are available and what the potential threat situation is going to be.

happy to see these new Block 2 in fleet but my concern is in flight refueling probe is missing for all of them why, 4 air to air refuel aircraft PAF has are for just transport, PAF need to speed up production to 25 per year its to slow, any one has any new on 50 JF17 block 2 china was promised us, I just saw one 0213 in Chinese serial number, I must say production is slow at both end. :(

OK:sad:

so How many jf-17 paf wants to buy?:undecided:

watch china times also posted about Pakistan getting J-10 With Russian Engines

happy to see these new Block 2 in fleet but my concern is in flight refueling probe is missing for all of them why, 4 air to air refuel aircraft PAF has are for just transport, PAF need to speed up production to 25 per year its to slow, any one has any new on 50 JF17 block 2 china was promised us, I just saw one 0213 in Chinese serial number, I must say production is slow at both end. :(

The refueling probe will be installed once the 29th Block II will roll out it was posted quiet many times now

how many blk-2 are in service its a joke that PAC claims they can produce 20+ of these a year yet there are barely any in service with the PAF currently.

Then WHAT you have read in this thread up till 13 pages ???

How difficult to comprehend with post which this thread has began with is shown a JFT-II and officers standing in front of it at Masroor Base with Minhas Squadron and probably 9 has been inducted so far which means they are performing CAP in Karachi.

I have edited my quiet a Harsh post just because you are a Moroccan ... Welcome to PDF.

There goes authenticity of the report

Major General Arshad Malik of the Pakistan Air Force already announced that his nation had decided to purchase between 250 and 275 JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighters jointly designed by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group (the fighter is designated the FC-1 Xiaolong in China). The PLA Air Force is still considered a major partner of the Pakistan Air Force regarding the development and production of new fighters, according to the Global Times.

it is a good decision because f 7 is the upgraded version of mig 21 which were build by USSR in 1956.

not 150 or 250 the orders will go on these figures are only inital requirements

There goes authenticity of the report
Even if you look at the review reports that have been made public by PAF about Pakistani pilots that have been to the US. Those reports address the Pakistani pilots as Captains as opposed to Flt Lts. If I remember correctly one of those reports was about Sarfraz Rafique Shaheed.
The reason USAF uses the Army ranking system is because it was carved out of the US Army in 1947 and they did not want to use the British Commonwealth ranking system.

Last edited:
150 ... 50 Block-I, 50 Block-II and 50 Block-III ... as announced till now. It has not been announced how many more will be produced / ordered. Probably will depend on what further enhancements are planned after Block-III and what other platforms are available and what the potential threat situation is going to be.
I think , after all of these inductions of JFTs in PAF , there will be a time , when they will be looking for a heavy fighter by then , that's why they are not announcing further more of it ?
They will find a heavey fighter , to blend it with the inducted force of JFTS ?

defense k mamlaat mein jitnay pair ho utni chadar lainee partee hai, ulat chalna parta hai
Its time for Economic progress instead of Military. Military progress will come along with Economic progress.

Back
Top Bottom