What's new

JF-17 Navy Variant???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was thinking why doesn't PAF and PN work together to produce a Navy variant since you have the ra'ad for Stationary warships and providing air support to the navy.
How about a completely new JF-17 with everything from Avionics for sea-warfare?
Ultimately Pakistan Navy should be the one to operate these!!!

^Dude you don't need an AC,Pakistan will Never need an AC,We have the arabian sea ,We can easily defend ourselves ,Our soil is our aircraft carrier !!!
oKrZWzj.jpg

I was thinking why doesn't PAF and PN work together to produce a Navy variant since you have the ra'ad for Stationary warships and providing air support to the navy.
pakistan have already inducted jf-17 in naval role so u r a bit late

and what will this "navy variant" go that the current variants cant" curret jf-17's can launch anti ship missiles.
new+picture+image+jf-17+thunder+FC-1+06+%252B+YJ-83+c803+c802a+255+180+antiship+kd88+air+to+surface++maritime++plaaf+paf+pakistan+air+force++test+fire+%25282%2529.jpg

Pakistan%2BAir%2BForce%2BJF-17%2Bfighter%2Bwith%2BCM-400AKG%2Bsupersonic%2Bground%2Bmissiles%2B1.jpg

what more do you want.

and what will this "navy variant" go that the current variants cant" curret jf-17's can launch anti ship missiles.
new+picture+image+jf-17+thunder+FC-1+06+%252B+YJ-83+c803+c802a+255+180+antiship+kd88+air+to+surface++maritime++plaaf+paf+pakistan+air+force++test+fire+%25282%2529.jpg

Pakistan%2BAir%2BForce%2BJF-17%2Bfighter%2Bwith%2BCM-400AKG%2Bsupersonic%2Bground%2Bmissiles%2B1.jpg

what more do you want.
Exactly, "Naval varients" do not exist in the age of multi-role fighter aircraft.

The only time one sees a "naval varient" is when a "carrier variant" is required ie to operate from an aircraft carrier. Unless Pakistan has such intentions, there is no need to create such a derivative- how would one even be different from the base a/c?

Exactly, "Naval varients" do not exist in the age of multi-role fighter aircraft.

The only time one sees a "naval varient" is when a "carrier variant" is required ie to operate from an aircraft carrier. Unless Pakistan has such intentions, there is no need to create such a derivative- how would one even be different from the base a/c?
true

what more do you want.
I want a completely new Jet something like having having ASW Capability Sonobuoy launchers ....lol ?,weapon stations to carry homing torpedoes,
How about sonar? something like the long range Heli Sonar to a Long range Jet sonar???? or you can operate a Sonar at the speed of an Jet?.
look man I'm not a professional but I think It's about time Instead the navy asking the Air-force for help should get itself its own Pilots and jets.
That will also help the air-force focus on more Important places like providing air cover for Land forces ETC if there's ever a war.

I want a completely new Jet something like having having ASW Capability Sonobuoy launchers ....lol ?,weapon stations to carry homing torpedoes,
How about sonar? something like the long range Heli Sonar to a Long range Jet sonar???? or you can operate a Sonar at the speed of an Jet?.
look man I'm not a professional but I think It's about time Instead the navy asking the Air-force for help should get itself its own Pilots and jets.
That will also help the air-force focus on more Important places like providing air cover for Land forces ETC if there's ever a war.

you need this one

jet propulsion ? checked
ASW capability? checked
Sonobuoy launcher? checked
weapon stations to carry homing torps? checked
had a decent speed? checked
Ability to give ground support attack? checked

1423108638681005966.jpg

grap a pen and some paper and make your own
:crazy_pilot:

Last edited:
you need this one

jet propulsion ? checked
ASW capability? checked
Sonobuoy launcher? checked
weapon stations to carry homing torps? checked
had a decent speed? checked
Ability to give ground support attack? checked

1423108638681005966.jpg
p-3c_feb22c.jpg

Pakistans P-3 Orion
The PN Aviation Force consists of:

• 6 Westland Sea King Mk.45 – Anti-submarine/ Anti-Surface Warfare helicopters have been based at Karachi.
  • 8 Aérospatiale SA-319B Alouette IIISAR transport/anti-ship helicopters[83]
  • 7 Lockheed P-3C Orion – Naval surveillance/anti-submarine warfare aircraft/airborne early warning/airborne and bombing missions. Future supply of 7 more under an agreement with Lockheed Martin signed in 2006.[84] Two upgraded P-3C Orion delivered on 7 January 2010 while one was delivered in November 2009. Another two advanced P-3C Orion aircraft to be delivered soon .[85][86]
  • 7 Fokker F27-200 Friendship – Naval surveillance aircraft[87]
  • 4 Hawker 850 – Charged with electronic warfare as well transporting VIP personalities, individuals, or groups.
  • 32+ Dassault Mirage V – Anti-ship attack aircraft flown by Navy fighter pilots which are based at PAF base Masroor in Karachi[87] (the fighter jets are operated by the Pakistan Air Force but piloted by the Navy fighter pilots who served under the command of the senior ranking Navy officer) scheduled to be retired and replaced by JF-17 Thunder(Block II) in 2015 but are in active-duty service with the Navy.
  • Unmanned Aerial Vehicles include NESCOM Burraq, Satuma Spy, Satuma Informer and the UQAB-II[88] drone.
  • 12 Harbin Z-9EC anti-submarine warfare helicopters equipped with a surface-search radar, low frequency dipping sonar, radar warning receiver, Doppler navigation system and armed with torpedoes.

what more do you want.

I think, he wants the Dedicated Naval Strike Variant of JF-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom