What's new

JF-17 DACT Exercises

why paf pilot faced fatigue and no the chinese pilot?
we are visitors so limited in numbers with load of keeping up the sorties during exercises while they are not. that is one of the many aims of DACT exercises.

@CriticalThought, can you explain what do you mean by the words in bold:
Two points. First, we need to make sure the facts are correct. The fact being that 1 J-11 beat 2 Thunders after several rounds of combat. It would be most kind of you if you could update your comment to reflect this.

what do you mean? that the 2 thunders went up against the j11 like, a dozen times and only then the j11 finally managed to pull off a win? if that's the case then I gotta say that I'm impressed by both aircrafts, the J11 managed to hold its own against 2 JF17s and that the JF17s couldn't be taken out until much later and after many tries. I'd love to read that entire article translated into English.

Last edited:
PAF should consider initiating a bilateral exercise with Egypt and Qatar on yearly basis. Both operate the Rafael and DACT operations against them will vastly improve JF-17 pilots familiarity with the the Rafael if ever they meet the IAF in a battle.

Current training with Chinese flankers is most likely helping PAF pilots. Same needs to be done with Rafael operators.

Past exercises:

JF-17 vs Su-27 s.jpg

we are visitors so limited in numbers with load of keeping up the sorties during exercises while they are not. that is one of the many aims of DACT exercises.

@CriticalThought, can you explain what do you mean by the words in bold:

what do you mean? that the 2 thunders went up against the j11 like, a dozen times and only then the j11 finally managed to pull off a win? if that's the case then I gotta say that I'm impressed by both aircrafts, the J11 managed to hold its own against 2 JF17s and that the JF17s couldn't be taken out until much later and after many tries. I'd love to read that entire article translated into English.

We don't know the exact number, but I confirmed with a Chinese friend that they engaged in several rounds and only at the very end did the J-11 win against the two. The Pakistani pilots then congratulated their Chinese brother on a job well done.

No pilots are deputed to navy...they wear orange coverall just so they can be spotted easily in sea or snow terrain in COE.

I thought u knew everything...:omghaha:

Hi,'

When in doubt 'ask'---car sales 101---ask even if you know about it---again car sales 101---that means affirmation---and if you still want to---you ask again---that means it has a stamp of surety on it---.

We don't know the exact number, but I confirmed with a Chinese friend that they engaged in several rounds and only at the very end did the J-11 win against the two. The Pakistani pilots then congratulated their Chinese brother on a job well done.

were the JF17s able to get scores on the J11s?

were the JF17s able to get scores on the J11s?
The JF-17 had successes against the J-11 in some competitions. Unfortunately whoever decided to give no details of the 1 vs 2 loss.

Last edited:
The JF-17 had successes against the J-11 in some competitions. Unfortunately whoever decided to give no details of the 1 vs 2 loss.
hmm, probably kept secret for a reason. would it be accurate to say that the take away of this discussion would be that both planes can hold their own against each other provided the pilots' skills are equally matched?

hmm, probably kept secret for a reason. would it be accurate to say that the take away of this discussion would be that both planes can hold their own against each other provided the pilots' skills are equally matched?

That is exactly right. During the exercises I had my Chinese friend translate a few articles, and after looking at one of them, he told me it is saying that the combination of Thunder + AEWACS is very hard to detect. Similarly, Thunder + SAM defending against J-11s led to a draw. This was at the beginning of the exercises. I think, towards the end, our pilots might have fine tuned their techniques. Just my hypothesis.

That is exactly right. During the exercises I had my Chinese friend translate a few articles, and after looking at one of them, he told me it is saying that the combination of Thunder + AEWACS is very hard to detect. Similarly, Thunder + SAM defending against J-11s led to a draw. This was at the beginning of the exercises. I think, towards the end, our pilots might have fine tuned their techniques. Just my hypothesis.
Thanks for the above. Have you got links to the articles?

F 7 is a hec of a fighter... don't under estimate it... it's just now it's time has passed

Back
Top Bottom