What's new

JF-17 DACT Exercises

Tempest II

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have decided to open this thread to track and discuss Dissimilar air combat training (DACT) Exercises where the JF-17 has been involved.

While on that thought I find it odd that PAC and CATIC, for all their marketing efforts are not leaking more information on such exercises.

Hi all.

I have decided to open this thread to track and discuss Dissimilar air combat training (DACT) Exercises where the JF-17 has been involved.

While on that thought I find it odd that PAC and CATIC, for all their marketing efforts are not leaking more information on such exercises.

I think CCS people can tell about it, if they want.

#PAF has dispatched JF-17 Thunder fighter #jets and #Aircraft to join #PakChina Air forces joint ongoing training exercise 'Shaheen VI.' https://t.co/AfR7yRCkTy

Check out @Pakistan_China’s Tweet:
China, Pakistan air forces launch joint training exercise
(Xinhua) 19:25, September 08, 2017
BEIJING, Sept. 8 -- The air forces of China and Pakistanbegan joint training exercises in China on Thursday.

China has dispatched J-11 fighters, JH-7 fighter-bombers, KJ-200 AWACS aircraft and ground forces including surface-to-air missile and radar troops, said Shen Jinke, spokesperson for the People's Liberation ArmyAir Force, adding the Chinese navy's aviation troops also participated in the training.

Pakistan has sent JF-17 Thunder fighter jets and early warning aircraft to join the exercise, named "Shaheen VI," which will run until Sept. 27, Shen said.

"To build a world-class air force, we need to learn from foreign armies and improve our capability to complete multiple tasks," said Shen, adding the Chinese air force will increase international exchanges and sharpen its combat effectiveness.

The "Shaheen" joint training was launched by the Chinese and Pakistani air forces in March 2011.

IMG_20170910_153329.jpg
w640slw.jpg

#PAF has dispatched JF-17 Thunder fighter #jets and #Aircraft to join #PakChina Air forces joint ongoing training exercise 'Shaheen VI.' https://t.co/AfR7yRCkTy

Check out @Pakistan_China’s Tweet:
China, Pakistan air forces launch joint training exercise
(Xinhua) 19:25, September 08, 2017
BEIJING, Sept. 8 -- The air forces of China and Pakistanbegan joint training exercises in China on Thursday.

China has dispatched J-11 fighters, JH-7 fighter-bombers, KJ-200 AWACS aircraft and ground forces including surface-to-air missile and radar troops, said Shen Jinke, spokesperson for the People's Liberation ArmyAir Force, adding the Chinese navy's aviation troops also participated in the training.

Pakistan has sent JF-17 Thunder fighter jets and early warning aircraft to join the exercise, named "Shaheen VI," which will run until Sept. 27, Shen said.

"To build a world-class air force, we need to learn from foreign armies and improve our capability to complete multiple tasks," said Shen, adding the Chinese air force will increase international exchanges and sharpen its combat effectiveness.

The "Shaheen" joint training was launched by the Chinese and Pakistani air forces in March 2011.

View attachment 424424 View attachment 424425

Hi,

Any one---why the RED UNIFORM for the Paf pilots---?

probably exercises are focussed on anti naval ops in south china sea

Anytime the hop is across the KK ranges, the pilots will don high visibility (Orange for the PAF) overalls for the reasons pointed out by Windjammer. Its a survivability issue.

So that means Su 30 is going to be hell for jf17 ?
It all depends on the ROE. Taking on two fighters is never easy.

Back
Top Bottom