What's new

JF-17 Block III Multirole Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
good news
but i m waiting for block2

And you will be disappointed if you are expecting anything DIFFERENT from the current block apart from an IFR probe.

And you will be disappointed if you are expecting anything DIFFERENT from the current block apart from an IFR probe.

What happens to IRST? Which Pshamim were so sure it will be in Block 2?

What happens to IRST? Which Pshamim were so sure it will be in Block 2?

Extremely extremely unlikely.
Block 2 is nothing more than Batch 2..
Its just another tray of blueberry muffins being baked, nothing more.
Block-III or Batch-III which will begin around 2015 may have added avionics or changed ones.
But not batch-II.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Re-design needed for that.. and.. we have J-2x for our stealth needs.

No word on that to be expected till 2018.
Our goal till 2020 is 150 JF, 100 F-16 and 50-60 FC-20(if finances permit).

HOWEVER..
Tomorrow if Pakistan strikes oil.. the so called swiss trillions come home or otherwise.. this plan could change.
Currently though.. this is all that there is.

No word on that to be expected till 2018.
Our goal till 2020 is 150 JF, 100 F-16 and 50-60 FC-20(if finances permit).

HOWEVER..
Tomorrow if Pakistan strikes oil.. the so called swiss trillions come home or otherwise.. this plan could change.
Currently though.. this is all that there is.

i got fingers crossed for the oil :p:P:P so our main objective till 2020 is to move our air force from f16 to majority jf17 yeah i guess thats a good plan and then make some stealth inductions but first revolutionize our fleet from f16 americans based completely to our good old home grown jf17 :pakistan::pakistan:

i got fingers crossed for the oil :p:P:P so our main objective till 2020 is to move our air force from f16 to majority jf17 yeah i guess thats a good plan and then make some stealth inductions but first revolutionize our fleet from f16 americans based completely to our good old home grown jf17 :pakistan::pakistan:

NO
The objective is to phase out the older Mirage and F-7 airframes.. The F-16's will be retained by 2030.

I Think that we are trying to build JFT on this forum waht it is not or never designed to be -- a replacement for f-16. IT was always a repalcement for Mirages, F-5's,Mig 21, & the assorted soviet a/c. This fact is amply demonstrated in the way it is being postioned when it is being pitched for sales. It is always positioned as an affordable replacement for the above birds.

The danger in positioninig this fighter as a replacement for F-16 will be an eventual let down for a lot of us.

Understand the design parameters, and the TOR of the fighter. It is a low cost complement to our F-16 with enhanced weapons carrying capability, upgraded flight envalope, an enhanced man machine interface (Yet to fully mature), still in th works -- enhnaced enemy detection capabiltiy and enhnaced survival capability over all of the above fighters.

I Think that we are trying to build JFT on this forum waht it is not or never designed to be -- a replacement for f-16. IT was always a repalcement for Mirages, F-5's,Mig 21, & the assorted soviet a/c. This fact is amply demonstrated in the way it is being postioned when it is being pitched for sales. It is always positioned as an affordable replacement for the above birds.

The danger in positioninig this fighter as a replacement for F-16 will be an eventual let down for a lot of us.

Understand the design parameters, and the TOR of the fighter. It is a low cost complement to our F-16 with enhanced weapons carrying capability, upgraded flight envalope, an enhanced man machine interface (Yet to fully mature), still in th works -- enhnaced enemy detection capabiltiy and enhnaced survival capability over all of the above fighters.

the things you mentioned that if JFT get all these
will a little more improvement it will be clearly a replacement of F-16.

I think we shld first discuss abt BLK II first.....
BLK III is far away !!!!

block 2 has already reached its final specs stage
ifr
data link/new ecm suite
new weapons integration are the only changes

Are there any PAF plans for acquiring 5th Gen fighters?

By plans if it means looking at what the Chinese are doing and thinking that "oh yes.. someday we will look into it".. YES
If by plans it means being involved in a program or even signing a Memorandum of Intent.. NO.

By plans if it means looking at what the Chinese are doing and thinking that "oh yes.. someday we will look into it".. YES
If by plans it means being involved in a program or even signing a Memorandum of Intent.. NO.

How about signing such a MOI and pitting our limited resources on 5th Gen advancement rather than J-10?

My 2 cents.

Stealth Helicopter remains have helped us understand the stealth aspect of coating on plane much much better compared to before

BLOCK 3 Stealth Enhanced , with new powerful engine

338-0516231024-secret_New_Helicopter_used_in_Osama_bin_Laden_Raid.jpg

Personally, I feel

Block 3,will have composites light weight
Block 3 will have stealth coating
Block 3 might also have AESA integration
Block 3 might also have Air-air refueling
Block 3 will have a new engine installed so much more power and readily available
Block 3 might also have sniper pods similar to F16 C/D since we will have better understanding
with these pods
Block 3 might also carry the weapons internal bays
Block 3 might also have ability to share data with other fighter jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom