What's new

JF-17 block 3 vs Gripen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
two differant types of jets the jf-17 is a light weight weight fighter where as the gripen is a meduim weight fighter.
its like saying jf-17 vs f16 only just the f16 was swapped for a gripen.

Gripen is benchmark for both Thunder and Tejas...... and it is that peak of quality that both aircraft have yet to attain......
Gripen is indeed better aircraft, even better than Blk3.....although both these aircrafts fall in same category......

Gripen is benchmark for both Thunder and Tejas...... and it is that peak of quality that both aircraft have yet to attain......
Gripen is indeed better aircraft, even better than Blk3.....although both these aircrafts fall in same category......

And the comparision may be useless, since Pakistan will not be allowed to buy it,
if I know Swedish internal politics.

KLaNd.png

GVFjn.jpg

Gripen is more modular in design, with choices to integrate host of weapons and imaging subsystems. JF-17 is kind of closed ecosystem with only Chinese sub systems.

Gripen is more modular in design, with choices to integrate host of weapons and imaging subsystems. JF-17 is kind of closed ecosystem with only Chinese sub systems.
please read up on the jf-17 then come back. the jf17 was built to be modular from the start to suit customers specific needs. did you know when the saudis were "intrested" they were offered a varient with the ej-200 engine which is the same engine which is on the typhoon.

In terms of JF-17 powerplant, Air Commodore Mahmood told AIN that, “We’re satisfied with the [Russian Klimov] RD-93, but some customers may want another engine. We have done preliminary studies on the [Eurojet] EJ200 and [Snecma] M88. They are doable.”
JF-17 Thunder Gets First Export Customer | Defense News: Aviation International News

and here to
JF-17 Presses On After News of Egypt's Plans

And the comparision may be useless, since Pakistan will not be allowed to buy it,
Gripen was offered to Pakistan once upon a time..

please read up on the jf-17 then come back. the jf17 was built to be modular from the start to suit customers specific needs. did you know when the saudis were "intrested" they were offered a varient with the ej-200 engine which is the same engine which is on the typhoon.

In terms of JF-17 powerplant, Air Commodore Mahmood told AIN that, “We’re satisfied with the [Russian Klimov] RD-93, but some customers may want another engine. We have done preliminary studies on the [Eurojet] EJ200 and [Snecma] M88. They are doable.”
JF-17 Thunder Gets First Export Customer | Defense News: Aviation International News

and here to
JF-17 Presses On After News of Egypt's Plans

JF also uses several western (European systems) like its EW suite (from INDRA Spain) and so on ..

This table was further refined by @Manticore (who is also the created of this one).

Hi,

If I could re-phrase it---JF17 is as modular a design as grippen is.

The grippen is closed of ecosystem with only european sub systems.

While JF17 can use all the chinese systems and some european systems---the grippen cannot use the chinese systems.

Hi,

There is not much of a difference in the capabilities of the BLk 2 JF17 and gripen----.

The grippen ng has the upgrades---we will find out pretty soon what the BLK3 JF17 is getting.

There won't be much of a difference.

Last edited:
JF-17 Block-III is an attempt at emulating the JAS-39E/F. The Block-I/II is the Toyota to the Saab :) Gripen A/B and C/D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom