What's new

JDU-BJP is set for a huge victory in the Bihar Assembly polls.

I wish our Bihari brothers hearty congratulations. It is high time that Congress went out , i pray to god that this continues for the center elections too. Rahul Baba can go to some foreign location and cool down.

Nitish kumar asked for 5 more years to turn Bihar into a completely developed state.
Lets see if it happens.
Cuz a majority of poor population resides in Bihar.

Hope for the best!

Seems like a good result.. would love nitish doing more towards the betterment of the backward state.. Nice to see people keeping lalu away from power.

Little more careful use of words will be desirable..... :cheers:

Last edited:
I wish our Bihari brothers hearty congratulations. It is high time that Congress went out , i pray to god that this continues for the center elections too. Rahul Baba can go to some foreign location and cool down.

You need to read this verdict more carefully. It's the BJP that would be uncomfortable with the sheer size of the verdict. If JD(U) wins between 115-118 seats then they are only a handful of seats away from a majority on their own. The BJP will then have to work extra hard to keep Nitish Kumar in good humour lest he goes the Naveen Patnaik way.

Nitish kumar asked for 5 more years to turn Bihar into a completely developed state.

Hope for the best!

This is a difficult task......but with political stability and cheap labour......I think the future of state is bright.....hope some massive investments come in the state.....

Little more mature use of words will be desirable..... :cheers:

No need to be touchy about it, mate! He does not mean it in a derogatory way.

No harm in stating facts as they are. My native place is in Vidarbha region of Maharashtra and if someone calls it backward I'll not disagree.

Being a backward state is no cause of shame if the people are fighting for a better future. People of Bihar seem to be doing just that and for that they should be proud of themselves! :mps:

No need to be touchy about it, mate! He does not mean it in a derogatory way.

No harm in stating facts as they are. My native place is in Vidarbha region of Maharashtra and if someone calls it backward I'll not disagree.

Being a backward state is no cause of shame if the people are fighting for a better future. People of Bihar seem to be doing just that and for that they should be proud of themselves! :mps:

Nah not touchy.....just pointed out what I felt was inappropriate...

Peace...:smitten:

Congress party never been a mainstream party in Bihar. But Lallu Yadav era now comes to an end. Well done People of Bihar :cheers:

Buddy this is not correct. Before Lalu Raj Bihar was mainly ruled by Congress since independence. They are also responsible along with lalu for the mess there.

OT: Seems everyone other than JDU-BJP has been wiped out. People are getting their revenge from RJD and Congress. Only concern is now there is no opposition left in Bihar Assembly.

Rabri devi losses in both constituencies :hang2::hang2:

:woot:

She is the leader of RJD considering lalu is a Lok Sabha MP and not contesting. This is huge

You need to read this verdict more carefully. It's the BJP that would be uncomfortable with the sheer size of the verdict. If JD(U) wins between 115-118 seats then they are only a handful of seats away from a majority on their own. The BJP will then have to work extra hard to keep Nitish Kumar in good humour lest he goes the Naveen Patnaik way.

U are right but Nithish kumar has the aim of becoming PM so he is not a fool to go out of NDA bcoz congress is not going to give the PM post to anyone apart from Rahul Gandhi.

Why Nitish Kumar magic worked in Bihar

We are all talking about the Bihar story but the key point is to understand ‘why’ and ‘what’ have resulted in this victory for Nitish Kumar. What has Nitish Kumar been able to achieve? First and foremost is building rural roads...what used to take more than two hours to travel now takes just about an hour. The minute there are good roads, movements of people and goods become easier and activities increase. Second has been the focus on schools, especially in the rural areas. The Nitish Kumar government’s major achievement has been to hire lakhs of teachers. The third major achievement is facilitating women’s mobility — 400,000 bicycles have been given to women in rural Bihar for them to cycle down to their schools. This has also significantly brought down school dropout rates. The fourth reason is bringing law and order in control.
Criminality had grown in the state over the years and somehow the administration was being used for criminal activities. After he became chief minister, 50,000 criminals were locked up. Now this does not mean that criminal activities have completely stopped. Bihar is a large state and there would be areas where criminal activities are prevalent and there would be areas where they have come down — the levels would vary, but importantly a message was sent out and the message was that things would not be tolerated the way they were.

Cases of bribes in the state have reduced..the important thing is that there is a fear factor now. People are scared to break the law.

But all these have happened without any private sector investment.

The next challenge for Nitish Kumar would be to create an investment-friendly environment — investment facilitation. To maintain a 10-12% growth rate, the state would require private investment and the next five years would be crucial. It takes time for confidence building and it would be therefore extremely crucial to see how things shape up in the state in the next few years. Depending on that corporate India will look at possible investment.

So I would say a beginning has been made and Kumar has done a commendable job in the first phase. The next five years would be critical because it is a competitive world, and, mind you, Kumar would have to keep this question in mind: “Do I go to Bihar or do I go to Gujarat?”

Why Nitish Kumar magic worked in Bihar - Hindustan Times

Back
Top Bottom