What's new

Jati Umra land now belong to Punjab Gov! Demolition next?

Verve

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Whole of Jati Umra land was a fake allotment during Nawaz's CM and PM ships ... and PTI government has reversed this fake allotment in land registry back to Punjab Government - a cracking move by PTI Gov that PMLN couldn't sniff such a move so officially this land is government's now - it will be very difficult for any court to reverse this now as the land records have been corrected already.

PMLN has gone to LHC to stop further action including demolition. LHC has asked for details. Now PMLN is openly threatening Chief Secretary and Lahore Commissioner ...

If this demolition goes through, which it should, then PMLN will be damaged severely.

Whole of Jati Umra land was a fake allotment during Nawaz's CM and PM ships ... and PTI government has reversed this fake allotment in land registry back to Punjab Government - a cracking move by PTI Gov that PMLN couldn't sniff such a move so officially this land is government's now - it will be very difficult for any court to reverse this now as the land records have been corrected already.

PMLN has gone to LHC to stop further action including demolition. LHC has asked for details. Now PMLN is openly threatening Chief Secretary and Lahore Commissioner ...

If this demolition goes through, which it should, then PMLN will be damaged severely.

Why not use the buildings ? Or destroying it as a sign of "me inko rulau ga" ?

I dont believe such antics would bring out any useful results. I voted for PTI and not a very big fan of the N guys, but it cannot be denied that PMLN is a political reality and in actual the largest party of the country. Despite its misgivings and idiocies, you simply cannot just lock horns with them on issues which make it look like some personal vendetta being settled. Tbh, I hate Nawaz and his ranting daughter but these actions will not bear anything positive but rather further polarise not just politics but also society.
I mean, I have been hearing about accountability for past 3 years now, with hardly anything substantial being achieved.
In any case this does not seem like accountability to me and mere childish acts on part of the Govt.

Govt should demolish the house if they think it's illegally built.

I dont believe such antics would bring out any useful results. I voted for PTI and not a very big fan of the N guys, but it cannot be denied that PMLN is a political reality and in actual the largest party of the country. Despite its misgivings and idiocies, you simply cannot just lock horns with them on issues which make it look like some personal vendetta being settled. Tbh, I hate Nawaz and his ranting daughter but these actions will not bear anything positive but rather further polarise not just politics but also society.
I mean, I have been hearing about accountability for past 3 years now, with hardly anything substantial being achieved.
In any case this does not seem like accountability to me and mere childish acts on part of the Govt.

In Punjab there's a big drive on qabza mafia - you seem to have not kept yourself up to date on thousands of acres of land taken back by Punjab government in past few years. Favour of NRO? IK wasn't voted in by public to give NRO, he was voted in to punish these corrupt rulers. Polarisation has already happened, there are those who support corrupt and there are those who want to permanently get rid of them - there's no inbetween.

Illegal occupation is illegal, no ifs and buts.
Why not use the buildings ? Or destroying it as a sign of "me inko rulau ga" ?

Destroying is symbolic. That huge piece of land can be converted to low cost housing for thousands of people. No need to keep these buildings as reminders of a dead dynasty.

Instead of demolishing, convert that house into public property, like a college. A university for journalism and international influence will be a nice addition to the country.

Instead of demolishing, convert that house into public property, like a college. A university for journalism and international influence will be a nice addition to the country.

PMLN would support such a thing. Last time when musharaf took hold of all their assets. Then CM instead of selling them, turned them to Care centers, park etc... When PMLN returned in power than took back control of all those properties.

So Punjab CM should sell it straight away,

In Punjab there's a big drive on qabza mafia - you seem to have not kept yourself up to date on thousands of acres of land taken back by Punjab government in past few years. Favour of NRO? IK wasn't voted in by public to give NRO, he was voted in to punish these corrupt rulers. Polarisation has already happened, there are those who support corrupt and there are those who want to permanently get rid of them - there's no inbetween.

Illegal occupation is illegal, no ifs and buts.

Destroying is symbolic. That huge piece of land can be converted to low cost housing for thousands of people. No need to keep these buildings as reminders of a dead dynasty.
I am pretty sure I am up to date with all that has been happening around. Thousands of acres I cant say but it has mostly been ineffective. There is no argument on that. So is it a better trade off to have turmoil in the country than moving towards stability? I'm not talking about NRO, it is an entirely different subject and I do believe with conviction they should never be let off the hook. But mere hogwash measures are not doing anything good for the country.

Looks like slowly and steadily the Pak State is tightening the screw on the domestic proxy traitor terrroists!! One after another is being taken care of! Good job....
not really zardari the agent of Irgc a criminal a handler/facilitator of terrorists making money for all powerful and living and looting like king!

nawaz must have done somthing to halt the expansion of all powerful commercial enterprise and paying the price!

pakistan is run by mafias and terrorists and are protected by all powerful!

building should be used for opening university or hospital , it should not be demolished .

Govt to file case against PML-N’s Rana Sana on terror charges

by The Frontier Post

Fawad-Govt-to-file-case-against-PML-Ns-Rana-Sana-on-terror-charges.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry on Saturday announced registering a case under the Anti-Terrorism Act against Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Rana Sanaullah for threatening Punjab chief secretary and other bureaucrats during his media talk on Friday (April 16).

Addressing a press conference in Rawalpindi, Fawad Chaudhry said the language Sanaullah used was the same Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) founder would use during his heyday.

“Gone are the days when politicians used to occupy state-owned land and threaten government officials,” he said emphatically. Fawad, however, made it clear that the government had no plan to demolish Sharif family’s Jati Umra residence. He alleged that the Sharif family had built their palace at Jati Umra on state-owned land.

Dispelling the impression that the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) government had any issues with the ‘estranged’ party leader Jahangir Khan Tareen, the minister made it clear that Tareen would have to prove his innocence in courts just what other party leaders such as Babar Awan and Aleem Khan did.

Talking about the law and order situation developed following protests and rioting by the activists of a religious party a few days back, Fawad claimed the government had managed to control the situation in a commendable manner. “Now the situation is under control,” he added.

He accused India of fomenting sectarian hatred in Pakistan. He said categorically that Pakistan was not a weak state. “Pakistan is amongst world’s seven nuclear powers,” he said.

The minister rejected the claim that the religious party, whose workers had gone berserk a few days ago, had been banned because of the outside pressure. “Banning the party was our own decision,” he clarified.

Senior Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Rana Sanaullah had, on Friday (April 16), conveyed to Prime Minister Imran Khan in unambiguous terms that if Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) came to power in future, it would demolish his Zaman Park home in case he went ahead with his plan to bulldoze Sharif brothers’ Jati Umra residence.

Addressing a press conference along with another senior party leader Ahsan Iqbal, he also threatened the Punjab chief secretary and other bureaucrats with retribution in case they complied with the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) government’s directives. “You will stay here and so will your children,” Sanaullah said while addressing the Punjab chief secretary.

“Don’t obey the government orders just for the sake of promotions,” Punjab former law minister asked provincial bureaucrats, and added, “By complying with the instructions of your bosses, you are crossing the red line.”

Back
Top Bottom