What's new

Japan's stealth jet prototype 'to fly this year'

Speak for itself? There is very limit in aerodynamic design. That is like saying all car models are copied since it has 4 wheel. The most important thing here is MiG denied and many avionic experts, even in the West, already debunk. Those who believed are usually the sour grape who can't accept China rise. Unfortunately for them, the only way to prove is through war. We let J-20 speaks when it's finished. Talk is not our style. Defeat PLAAF, then we will accept our inferiority.

Okay, ofcourse MiG denied. As for limit in aerodynamic design. Funny that Japanese concept doesn't look like any other fighter, but Chinese ones look like MiG 1-44 and a basic F-35. But i'm sure that's just a coincidence. :lol:

People who can connect the dots see the resemblance of both and the fact that MiG survived somehow through the 90's and 00's with almost no orders. And they had a concept of denied (in favour of Su T-50) air superiority fighter.

Okay, ofcourse MiG denied. As for limit in aerodynamic design. Funny that Japanese concept doesn't look like any other fighter, but Chinese ones look like MiG 1-44 and a basic F-35. But i'm sure that's just a coincidence. :lol:

People who can connect the dots see the resemblance of both and the fact that MiG survived somehow through the 90's and 00's with almost no orders. And they had a concept of denied (in favour of Su T-50) air superiority fighter.
The Concept ATD-X looks IDENTICAL to F-22, my friend. Here's for comparison. Please learn.

http://edge.********.com/80281E/ll_a_s/2013/Nov/25/********-dot-com-6ee_1385355714-topviewssidebyside.gif.resized.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bdd7934845dad77d35&ec_rate=230

I'm not in the business of speculation, my friend. Bring fact or shut up. It is not our style to speculate and we are only interest in bringing hard fact. Show us paperwork that MiG TOT design to China or you need to stay quiet, my friend.

The Concept ATD-X looks IDENTICAL to F-22, my friend. Here's for comparison. Please learn.

http://edge.********.com/80281E/ll_a_s/2013/Nov/25/********-dot-com-6ee_1385355714-topviewssidebyside.gif.resized.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bdd7934845dad77d35&ec_rate=230

I'm not in the business of speculation, my friend. Bring fact or shut up. It is not our style to speculate and we are only interest in bringing hard fact. Show us paperwork that MiG TOT design to China or you need to stay quiet, my friend.

:lol: Paperwork....:lol:

All you do is speculate....

:lol: Paperwork....:lol:

All you do is speculate....
Remove all the color and look at the shape, then you will see the EXACT COPY. This required you to learn more about aerodynamic design, my friend.

Remove all the color and look at the shape, then you will see the EXACT COPY. This required you to learn more about aerodynamic design, my friend.

lol, okay, i have to learn. I see different wings, different nose, different tail control surfaces, and most importantly, different size. :lol:

Exact copy then? Might wanna go to optician.

You Japanese are crazy people. Once you begin work on something, no one can drag you off it until its fully perfected. Wish we had a few people like that in our country.

Thank you, and we also admire the strength and zeal of Pakistan and Pakistanis!

There is a difference between enthusiasm and optimism and being a realist. Show us what you are capable of first, then I will give you credit.

Look at our air inventory and our own design concepts. You will realize that Japan is verily much capable. Optimism and Realism can be synergized. .

lol, okay, i have to learn. I see different wings, different nose, different tail control surfaces, and most importantly, different size. :lol:

Forgive him, he tends to get a wee bit excited when discussing.

So, when are the high-tech Chinese going to install their own engines in the PAF JF-17 instead of buying Russian engines based on 70s technology (which is still way ahead of what they themselves can maanage, apparently)

The wing, nose, tail have very minimal difference. The whole shape is very similar. Size will increase with the final production. Most likely 2/3 of F-22 which make it a interceptor.

Look at our air inventory and our own design concepts. You will realize that Japan is verily much capable. Optimism and Realism can be synergized. .
Your inventory consist of American design aircraft so I don't know what is the point of you saying that. Mainly F-15, F-16, and derivative of F-16, F-2.

So, when are the high-tech Chinese going to install their own engines in the PAF JF-17 instead of buying Russian engines based on 70s technology (which is still way ahead of what they themselves can maanage, apparently)
JF-17 is a joint aircraft design for Pakistan. Due to initial joint production, the aircraft tail and avionic system is design to fit Russian Engine. If it is to fit WS-10, we have to re-modify every existing JF-17 and change code to accept our engine. Money is tight for Pakistan. Russian engine is already cheap and no need to re-design the aircraft.

It comes down to money friend. Unfortunately Pakistan is lacking in that department.

ATD-X is clearly not viable. Everybody knows how much ahead of Japan US is and they spent $50 bil on R&D and China invested around $25 bil just on engine (source: J-20's Wikipedia page) meanwhile Japan has spent under $1 bil on ATD-X. How on earth do they think their fighter will be comparable with J-20?

Japan again looks to get domestic fighter jet off ground

7a7ba7617316f746710410ee4d1043f0.jpg

September 22, 2014

TOKYO -- The Japanese government is embarking on an ambitious quest to develop an entirely domestic fighter jet for the first time since the end of World War II.

It will work with major defense contractors such as Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and IHI on the project, which is a milestone in Japan's defense procurement policy. The project will start in earnest in fiscal 2015, with work on a prototype engine and assessments of the aircraft's stealth capabilities. The outlook for the costly undertaking is murky, however, given that the U.S. has never supported Japan's efforts to develop a fighter on its own.

The first big step in the project will take place in January, when an aircraft mounted with a test engine is scheduled to fly for the first time. The engine was developed jointly by the Ministry of Defense and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and will serve as the basis for the fighter's prototype engine.

The goal is to develop a light and powerful engine by combining components that have been developed separately, including a high-pressure turbine and a fuel system.

IHI, which is helping to develop the engine, is using ceramic composites for the turbine in an industry first. The composite is lighter than the nickel alloy traditionally used in turbines and can withstand temperatures up to 1,400 C. The manufacturer hopes to use the material for engines on passenger jets in the future.

Bitter memories

The defense ministry's decision to develop the engine first is a reflection of Japan's unhappy history when it comes to indigenous fighter jets. A previous project was abandoned in the face of U.S. opposition in 1987. The U.S. balked at Japan developing its own fighter to replace the F-1, arguing that Japan lacked the technology to develop its own jet engine. It insisted on joint development based on the U.S. F-16.

With the Soviet threat in mind, the Defense Agency -- now the Ministry of Defense -- had envisioned a high-performance fighter that could skim the surface of the sea to avoid detection and knock out enemy ships. But U.S. Air Force officers pressured officials from Japan's Defense Agency to abandon the idea.

Mitsubishi Heavy and other Japanese defense contractors had the technology to produce sophisticated radars, fuselages and missiles. The only component Japan was unable to develop on its own was the engine. The agency considered using U.S.-made engines for the jet. Japanese defense officials interpreted U.S. coolness to the initiative as a signal that it would not supply engines for the aircraft if it went ahead on its own. In the end, they opted for joint development.

"Back then, we thought the U.S. was urging us to drop the project simply because Japan didn't have the necessary technology," said Masahiro Yasue, who was director general of the defense ministry's Technical Research and Development Institute at the time. "But later we realized the U.S. was worried about Japan's acquisition of advanced technology for fighter jets," said Yasue, who is now an adviser with Kawasaki Heavy Industries.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom