What's new

Japan's stealth jet prototype 'to fly this year'

Cool design but Japan even can't make 4th gen fighter. Forget about Sixth gen fighter. U.S.A will offer you F35 in good numbers.. Live with it.

Mitsubishi_F-2_landing.JPG

Beautiful looking jet. Almost Anime like in some places.
Considering that the Japanese came up with the F-2 "Viper Zero" which is possibly the true "super F-16" when compared to the block-60.. it is no surprise that the Japanese have come up with this. They have been licence building(and improving) the PW-F-100 engine so their experience there is also ample. This is one fighter I cant wait to see flying.

@Nihonjin1051 :

Why did you not already inform us that the Japanese were quite advanced in turbofan design and production?

Looks like Japanese have all the technology they need to build a cutting-edge 5th generation fighter!:enjoy:

Its also part of our culture to be 'modest', and 'silent'. :-)

Nice one japan. Not easy to build a 5th generation stealth fighter indeginously/independently. Only 4 countries have this capability as of yet U.S, Russia.
Though not sure it will be on par with the above countries since japan has been relying on U.S fighters for decades, so it hasn't been producing its own fighters independently unlike the other countries mentioned. So we will have to wait and see if this one will be on par with the above. Since experience does matter as well.
Well done japan

The F-2 fighter, apart from the engine, has mainly Japanese content - airframe, radar and missiles.

The airframe technology is so advanced that the US wanted it too.

Now they just need to make a big push on developing a fifth generation engine and they have a good 5th generation fighter.

@Gessler & @xunzi :

You both have valid points!

While I was pleasantly surprised to see that Japan has turbofans in production aircraft, we should not get too carried away in thinking that Japan will be in a position to produce beast like the F-22's F-119engine by the time the F-3 stealth fighter gets into service.

The XF-5 being developed for the AS-X technology demonstrator will have a maximum thrust of 50KN. It is related to the XF7-10 turbofan that is powering the Kawasaki P1 which has a thrust of 60KN.

Now, while the Japanese have no experience in building monsters like WS-15, 180KN of thrust, they at least have the design and production of less powerful modern turbofans pretty much mastered now. The final engine for the in-production F-3 fighter will be more powerful but there is no need for monster engines like F-119 or WS-15 if only because the fighter is likely to be of medium size IMO.

Who believe in your bullshit when you provide no counter? LOL Ssay something, my friend.

What counter is there to be provided? Your bullshit is evident enough for anyone that's semi knowledgeable. It's LOL indeed.

J-20 is a mix of MiG 1-44, F-22 and Su in your words because: MiG provided the basic design, then China obtained some data or did own research, and made it F-22-ish, and whatever Su elements are present they are there because you have build experience with it.

What counter is there to be provided? Your bullshit is evident enough for anyone that's semi knowledgeable. It's LOL indeed.

J-20 is a mix of MiG 1-44, F-22 and Su in your words because: MiG provided the basic design, then China obtained some data or did own research, and made it F-22-ish, and whatever Su elements are present they are there because you have build experience with it.
What is bullshit about it, my friend?

From kindergarten days onwards...Chinese are taught that they are the center of the universe.

But what else can I say? I have said time and again how Japan had a highly pacifist/restrained regime till now
(Shinzo Abe is making a lot of changes now, though), yet that doesn't seem to get into your brain.

You are confused between quality and role. You think commercial aircraft engines are low quality because they
are designed to travel subsonic, and fighter engines are high quality because they go supersonic with afterburner.

What & how can anyone possibly educate a person who doesn't even know the meaning of the world "quality"? And
yet thinks he is the center of the universe? Huh? Just suffice to say this - a fighter engine, if built wrongly, will only
risk the lives of 1 or 2 pilots, but a commercial aircraft engine, if built wrongly, risks 100s of lives.

And now by debating with the likes of you, I am risking my own life.
I'm here to talk about fact. You make too much assumption that a militarist Japan will suddenly become aero engine powerhouse without any experience building high performance engine previously. That is like pulling shit of someone ***. LOL Show us. Prove it! Show us the first product first! Not the low performance engine.

Last edited:

I'm here to talk about fact. You make too much assumption that a militarist Japan will suddenly become aero engine powerhouse without any experience building high performance engine previously. That is like pulling shit of someone ***. LOL Show us. Prove it! Show us the first product first! Not the low performance engine.

I admire our friends' enthusiasm of Japanese product quality. Is it wrong for them to have enthusiasm? Come now, my friend. Let's not be a downer.

We , too , admire the ambition and quality of Chinese products. I think you have to also look at it in the context that during the past some decades, Japan was limited in our design and development, as well as lack of international acknowledgement of our designs simply due to our self-imposed military arms ban. But imagine, my friend, even with this ban, we were still able to design some modest weapons technology. I believe that with the removal of the ban , and Japan's recent R&D partnership with Israel, Australia; and with our military exports, we should be able to produce more capable and more modest equipment. :-)

The canopy design looks identical to the japanese T-4 trainer.

My opinion on the history of J-20. Planform is almost identical to MiG, then features of F-22 we're added, obtained either through espionage or research, but most likely both. And if there's any features of the Su present, like you said, J-20 is a mix including the Su-27 design principles, it is there because China has experience with manufacturing them (J-11).

I know you won't agree with this, and i'm in vacation mode atm, so, i'll reply in about a month and a half.

My opinion on the history of J-20. Planform is almost identical to MiG, then features of F-22 we're added, obtained either through espionage or research, but most likely both. And if there's any features of the Su present, like you said, J-20 is a mix including the Su-27 design principles, it is there because China has experience with manufacturing them (J-11).

I know you won't agree with this, and i'm in vacation mode atm, so, i'll reply in about a month and a half.
MiG denied. There was no ToT between MiG and China.

I admire our friends' enthusiasm of Japanese product quality. Is it wrong for them to have enthusiasm? Come now, my friend. Let's not be a downer.

We , too , admire the ambition and quality of Chinese products. I think you have to also look at it in the context that during the past some decades, Japan was limited in our design and development, as well as lack of international acknowledgement of our designs simply due to our self-imposed military arms ban. But imagine, my friend, even with this ban, we were still able to design some modest weapons technology. I believe that with the removal of the ban , and Japan's recent R&D partnership with Israel, Australia; and with our military exports, we should be able to produce more capable and more modest equipment. :-)
There is a difference between enthusiasm and optimism and being a realist. Show us what you are capable of first, then I will give you credit.

MiG denied. There was no ToT between MiG and China.

Okay, im still here for the time being..........Planform speaks for itself. This sort of thing doesn't exactly make the news.......

There is a difference between enthusiasm and optimism and being a realist. Show us what you are capable of first, then I will give you credit.

Was this for me? Such encouraging thoughts to start my vacation! :smitten:

Okay, im still here for the time being..........Planform speaks for itself. This sort of thing doesn't exactly make the news.......
Speak for itself? There is very limit in aerodynamic design. That is like saying all car models are copied since it has 4 wheel. The most important thing here is MiG denied and many avionic experts, even in the West, already debunk. Those who believed are usually the sour grape who can't accept China rise. Unfortunately for them, the only way to prove is through war. We let J-20 speaks when it's finished. Talk is not our style. Defeat PLAAF, then we will accept our inferiority.

Was this for me? Such encouraging thoughts to start my vacation! :smitten:
That to my Japanese friend, above.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom