What's new

Japanese plan in Indian ocean and Bangladesh

Hmm....String of Sushis!

I thought the Japanese were pacifists?

Hmm....String of Sushis!

I thought the Japanese were pacifists?

You are forgetting their past. They were pacifist after they got hit by nukes and they were happy under US protection, now US protection is no longer enough to counter the threat of a rising China, so they are back to their old game, as I predicted.

You are forgetting their past. They were pacifist after they got hit by nukes and they were happy under US protection, now US protection is no longer enough to counter the threat of a rising China, so they are back to their old game, as I predicted.

So whose side are you on? Japan or China?

japan wont do that....they have many problems at home not in IOR.they just cant afford it...

So whose side are you on? Japan or China?

If Japan agrees to ASEAN+ idea, obviously I am on Japan's side. But even ASEAN+ (including Japan) will switch allegiance from US to China, if and when China becomes more powerful and technologically more advanced than the US. If Japan does not accept the ASEAN+ idea, we will remain with China.

Japan's move is to ensure its security, using nations in ASEAN+ region, not to pick a fight with China, even though it may seem like it for a temporary time window of a few decades, before China becomes the predominant global super power. Then China will be in a position to lead both Russia led Eurasian Union and Japan led ASEAN+, at least according to my fantasy theory.

japan wont do that....they have many problems at home not in IOR.they just cant afford it...

Read the OP, the Japanese writer, Mr. Suzuki Yoshikatsu, obviously does not agree with you:

Government officials are also considering a policy for securing a position in the Indian Ocean. Tokyo’s hope is to counter Beijing’s “string of pearls” strategy, designed to enhance its military presence in the Indian Ocean. In response,Tokyo will look to beef up its own presence in such countries as Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, sending Naval Self-Defense Force vessels to distant waters, where they will make goodwill tours and participate in joint exercises. In addition, Tokyo wants to move closer to Myanmar, which had been squarely in China’s camp but is now seeking a better balance by improving its ties with the United States. It is likely that Japan will also look to establish a foothold in ports on the Indian Ocean.

Here is a list of other articles by him:
http://www.nippon.com/en/tag/suzuki-yoshikatsu/

Read the OP, the Japanese writer, Mr. Suzuki Yoshikatsu, obviously does not agree with you:

well i dont think japanese jurnos form the foreign policies..;) its like trusting times of india saying next year congress will come to power. no difference

well i dont think japanese jurnos form the foreign policies..;) its like trusting times of india saying next year congress will come to power. no difference

He is saying:
Government officials are also considering a policy for securing a position in the Indian Ocean.

Why should we believe you more than a Japanese columnist who has first hand knowledge of Japanese govt. officials?

He is saying:

Why should we believe you more than a Japanese columnist who has first hand knowledge of Japanese govt. officials?

u dnt have to buddy.i've just answered with common sense.lets wait and see what happenes.in any case they are not going to get any base in south asia.that sort of news claimed by "officials" are not new to us is'nt it

u dnt have to buddy.i've just answered with common sense.lets wait and see what happenes.in any case they are not going to get any base in south asia.that sort of news claimed by "officials" are not new to us is'nt it

You do not own all of South Asia, buddy :azn:, so you cannot tell what will happen in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. It will be better if you and other Indians get out of that kind of delusional "common sense", which is causing your Rupee to go into free fall. Of course, lets wait and see, that is all we can do, after all.

USA, China and now Japan samne ar koyta desh ashe dekha jak :coffee:

Japan doesn't even have a standing army. Why would they need a naval base in Bangladesh?

Not Tokyo, but some of BD posters said of a Japanese naval base in Bangladesh. Japn's self defence force has about 270,000 troops and in terms of strength its forces are 8th in the world. Japan has all the needed technology to build up a strong military if it wants to do so.

Not talking about its total military strength during WWll, it will be suffice to say that Japan had built a total of 460 units of large, medium and small submarines before and during that war. A few of its submarines were designed even to carry one or two small planes.

Japan doesn't even have a standing army. Why would they need a naval base in Bangladesh?
For your info:

Active military personnel: 247,746 (ranked 24th)
Reserve personnel: 57,899

Budget: $55.9 billion(2012)
$281.98 billion (2011-2015 Planned)

That's second only to the US of A!! :azn:

For your info:

Active military personnel: 247,746 (ranked 24th)
Reserve personnel: 57,899

Budget: $55.9 billion(2012)
$281.98 billion (2011-2015 Planned)

That's second only to the US of A!! :azn:

are you sure about active personal ? :blink: seems very low because bangladesh has total 3,50,000 military personnel (excluding navy and airforce)

Back
Top Bottom