Japan eyes naval exercises with Philippines

I love them too! Specially the girls :yay: :love:

Filipina girls are so beautiful...! :)

I love them too! Specially the girls :yay: :love:

Some Filipina dancers during their festival called Sinulog. This is in Cebu:

Fiesta+2-Sinulog.jpg

DSC_1802.jpg

Sinulog-sa-Kabataan-apas-national-high-school4.jpg

Yes we are but in side note since we are more on internal than external security bangladesh can win aganist us in 3 weeks with just 5 ships and 1 squadron of frigthers and 1 armored division why well we have older ships from WW2 (majority) and the lastes from early 90s with no missiles and limited CIWS and Naval support roles and no air force in fact our airforce is just an army air corp majority transports aircraft and fix wings aricraft and half a squadron of S211 trainers and retrofited armed versions and majority helicopters we lost our fighters in 2005 and never replace them since until now the FA50 which will be delieved in 2 stages one this 2015 the rest will be done in 2018 and we have limited anti tank weapons our newest anti tank weapon is from the vietnam era the armburst and the law and lots WW2 recoilless rifles and our armor is a armored cavalry yes its its jsut one division for the whole country is made of new and majority old armed vechicles from again vietnam and early 90s and from V150s to M311 to Simbas to Bravia Chaimite which is a protugese V150 to ACV300 which or most modern and lastest models but only in few numbers the rest are refurbish items and we still modernizing many old equipments so ya if bangladesh will go to war the Philippines we would lost in few months if the fight conventional but currrently we modernizing our equipments and items are slowly being refurbish and upgraded like our V150s are getting new systems for their main guns like new fire control systems and remote weapons systems and new guns new bought M4s new artillary guns from Isarel and soon missiles for landbase and ship base missiles but we have only 1 US billion for modernization and we have to modernized all of the major service branchs (Army, Navy, Airforce) with that 1 US billion per year plus the special forces so not easy fit majority of our funds goes to other things like debt and projects to boost the economy so the military has make due of what is given i just wish they did it sooner thought.

Anyway its good that Japan is conducting this naval activities with the Philippines because it will be super benificial for us to see and learn new systems and familiuraztion goes it would help fill the gap that we lack its been working with us and the Americans are evidence of this relationship which what we been doing since so adding other allied countries will give a far advantage over the chinese imperialist from training by taping from the experince of other nations to technologies we are not familiar with and soon technology transfers which the chinese do not have with some of its so called allies.

Philippines has been weaken but we are not out yet now that our economy is picking up and we start moderinzing yet may be slow march but still we get there.

Friend, you need to focus on your economic pillars that can boost your naval capabilities in turn. Start with specializing in niche industries that can bring business back into Philippines and therefore increase your economic profile.

In terms of immediate defence, you guys should adopt a strategy that Vietnam has used so far; small but ruthless defence.

Have more of simple missile boats in large numbers that are armed to teeth and can damage ships in numbers. These are cheap to operate and maintain and provide a strong defence. In terms of aerial defence, you need to upgrade your air force radically.

Since your focus will be coastal and territorial defence, you guys should consider gunships rather than fixed wing fighters for now, or at the max something like EMB-314 Super Tucano, a proven platform against ground attacks. These are prop aircraft but can provide strong defence.

Rather than going for tanks, go for agile IFVs and APCs. To further make your job easier, you need to enhance your dependence on cheaper missiles in numbers, which will further save you $$ which would otherwise go in maintaining a heavy tactical platform arsenal.

Friend, you need to focus on your economic pillars that can boost your naval capabilities in turn. Start with specializing in niche industries that can bring business back into Philippines and therefore increase your economic profile.

In terms of immediate defence, you guys should adopt a strategy that Vietnam has used so far; small but ruthless defence.

Have more of simple missile boats in large numbers that are armed to teeth and can damage ships in numbers. These are cheap to operate and maintain and provide a strong defence. In terms of aerial defence, you need to upgrade your air force radically.

Since your focus will be coastal and territorial defence, you guys should consider gunships rather than fixed wing fighters for now, or at the max something like EMB-314 Super Tucano, a proven platform against ground attacks. These are prop aircraft but can provide strong defence.

Rather than going for tanks, go for agile IFVs and APCs. To further make your job easier, you need to enhance your dependence on cheaper missiles in numbers, which will further save you $$ which would otherwise go in maintaining a heavy tactical platform arsenal.

The government here in the Philippines should also do their part by relaxing the economic restriction so that FDI could come flowing here. We had the restriction for decades, starting in 1987 and it didn't do any good for us common Filipino.

As for AFVs, well vehicles such as Achzarit, BMPT or BTR-T are good choice as it provides the needed firepower and better protection than an M113. Since Japan could be a source of weapons, maybe their Type 01 LMATs could be an alternative to Spike ATGM as well as the Type 87 ATGMs.

Last edited:
By the way, does Japan have any RCWS technology? Maybe we could replace the turrets in those Simba APCs into remote operated weapons, turning those vehicles into AFVs.

The government of Philippines is the biggest problem for Philippines

The government here in the Philippines should also do their part by relaxing the economic restriction so that FDI could come flowing here. We had the restriction for decades, starting in 1987 and it didn't do any good for us common Filipino.

As for AFVs, well vehicles such as Achzarit, BMPT or BTR-T are good choice as it provides the needed firepower and better protection than an M113. Since Japan could be a source of weapons, maybe their Type 01 LMATs could be an alternative to Spike ATGM as well as the Type 87 ATGMs.

The government of Philippines is the biggest problem for Philippines

Correction; certain members in government, not the entire government.

I've had professional contacts with the DILG (Department of Interior and Local Government) through the Japanese-Filipino Liaisons in Manila and let me say that they (DILG) are effective in their duties. Let us just agree that the Philippines is a developing nation and they have experienced incredible developments and gains.

Are there certain sectors in government that need restructuring , sure. But please do not make a blanket statement like that. The Philippines is not a failed state unlike other countries. They are a developing nation state, and a democracy of over 100 million. So let us be pragmatic in analysis.

No thanks
I think China has no interesting of taking Philippine
We will get nothing but corrupt officials and poor people..
I mean the problem lies in the Philippines government, that they do not manage the country well..

And you are implying that we surrender our independence and be a vassal state of China?

No thank you. :cheesy:

Yet the Philippines government seems to be corrupt and low efficiency..
Then the members inside it does not matter..

Correction; certain members in government, not the entire government.

I've had professional contacts with the DILG (Department of Interior and Local Government) through the Japanese-Filipino Liaisons in Manila and let me say that they (DILG) are effective in their duties. Let us just agree that the Philippines is a developing nation and they have experienced incredible developments and gains.

Are there certain sectors in government that need restructuring , sure. But please do not make a blanket statement like that. The Philippines is not a failed state unlike other countries. They are a developing nation state, and a democracy of over 100 million. So let us be pragmatic in analysis.

No thanks
I mean the problem lies in the Philippines government, that they do not manage the country well..

They are not 'poor' people, my friend. They are an industrious people and overcome much difficulties, please don't be too stark in analysis. Anyways, as a Chinese, you should know that close to 1/4th of Filipino people have Chinese ancestry, so there is a link and bond between Philippines and China; Filipino people and Chinese people.

Yes there are some barriers in government right now, but they are reforming as well. Let us not be too negative, afterall, there were detractors who said the same thing about China some 2-3 decades ago. But we know how untrue that was.

Regards,
@Nihonjin1051

I am not saying that these people are in poverty.
I mean these industrious and hard-working people gain little and suffer much under corrupt government..
I pity them but can do nothing

They are not 'poor' people, my friend. They are an industrious people and overcome much difficulties, please don't be too stark in analysis. Anyways, as a Chinese, you should know that close to 1/4th of Filipino people have Chinese ancestry, so there is a link and bond between Philippines and China; Filipino people and Chinese people.

Yes there are some barriers in government right now, but they are reforming as well. Let us not be too negative, afterall, there were detractors who said the same thing about China some 2-3 decades ago. But we know how untrue that was.

Regards,
@Nihonjin1051

I am not saying that these people are in poverty.
I mean these industrious and hard-working people gain little and suffer much under corrupt government..
I pity them but can do nothing

That, i agree. Yes, there are limitations that their national government has that prevents greater FDI into their country. But I am in the belief that they will remove these restrictions eventually. Anyways, one way for Philippines and China to get past this territory impasse is through greater cultural interaction, greater people to people interaction (which may prove to better each other's awareness) as well as to increase trade and investments.

No thanks

You may be right about the corruption issue in the government (any administration is quite selective on who gets punished or not) but once we get our stuff together, we could change things, I just hope it won't be like the 1986 revolt.

You may be right about the corruption issue in the government (any administration is quite selective on who gets punished or not) but once we get our stuff together, we could change things, I just hope it won't be like the 1986 revolt.

Absolutely ! That is the Pinoy optimistic spirit I know very well ! :)

Hope you can achieve in short time..

No thanks

I think China is not in good position to laugh at Philipines for that.
Japan could but they didn't

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom