What's new

J&K Army convoy attack: Widow of slain jawan commits suicide

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Kolkata: The repercussions of Monday's terror attack on an Army convoy in Srinagar that took place ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's visit have been felt in West Bengal's Bankura district. The grieving widow of one of the jawans killed in the Bemina attack has allegedly committed suicide.
The 25-year-old Piu Nandy, wife of Aditya Nandy, set herself on fire in Bankura. Her body has been sent for post mortem.
A group of suspected Hizbul Mujahideen terrorists on Monday had launched an audacious and daring attack on an Army convoy killing eight soldiers and injuring 11 others in Bemina on the outskirts of Srinagar. In a major blow to the security apparatus in Jammu and Kashmir, the terrorists ambushed the Army convoy firing at least 12 rounds resulting in the casualties just a day before Manmohan Singh and UPA chief Sonia Gandhi's visit.

The 25-year-old Piu Nandy, wife of Aditya Nandy, set herself on fire in Bankura.
The ambush was carried out on the Army convoy at Hyderpora bypass on the Airport-Lal Chowk road, outside a private hospital with the terrorists firing from both sides of the road.
J&K Army convoy attack: Widow of slain jawan commits suicide

Sad indeed, those jawans were returning from the holidays or going for holidays.

Is there a Difference b/w Sathi Pratha & Suicide and where in article there is a WORD SATHI???? :cuckoo:

On Topic: Sad and Shocking Incident.

Pardon me,but i read the poor unfortunate widow burning in the same fire and i thought if it could be the same thing...

why she set herself on fire? as protest against Indian Govt? or in love of her husband?

RIP.

The manmohans singh should have some shame and act against the exporter and support of terrorism.

Give RAW free hand.

Back
Top Bottom