It’s never too late! Saudi man attends school at age 90

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
By Saudi Gazette | Tabuk
Monday, 5 May 2014
A 90-year-old Saudi is determined to complete his education despite his old age. Awaid Raja Al-Anji was not deterred by his long years or foot pain to join the class of adult education in Al-Jahra center in the Tayma region in Tabuk province.

"Despite the severe pain in my foot and leg as a result of a recent car accident, I am determined to complete my education," he said.

The department of education in the region has launched a campaign to eliminate illiteracy from the villagers in the province.

This article was first published in the Saudi Gazette on May 5, 2014.

Last Update: Monday, 5 May 2014 KSA 11:33 - GMT 08:33
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...-late-Saudi-man-attends-school-at-age-90.html
@Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @al-Hasani @JUBA

Beautiful.

Also this occurred in the ancient region of Tayma - several millennium old. Immensely beautiful region of Hijaz as well that I have been lucky to visit on several occasions even.

We need to implement adult education as well. Does anyone have any info on Adult education in Pakistan?

Beautiful.

Also this occurred in the ancient region of Tayma - several millennium old. Immensely beautiful region of Hijaz as well that I have been lucky to visit on several occasions even.

Show me on map. I will go there and post some pics

I also say its never too late for education but 90 is too late, he will probably die before graduation... :rolleyes1:

It's never too late for anything. We can die in any given moment. Who is to say that this gentleman cannot live 10 more years?
I don't know about his personal situation but what if he never learnt to write or read? Maybe he wants to read the letters of his grandchildren? Or write some of his own? Who knows?
I think that news like this is a huge inspiration and puts my laziness and that of others into perspective and makes me ashamed until I forget such stories again, LOL.

It's never too late for anything. We can die in any given moment. Who is to say that this gentleman cannot live 10 more years?
I don't know about his personal situation but what if he never learnt to write or read? Maybe he wants to read the letters of his grandchildren? Or write some of his own? Who knows?
I think that news like this is a huge inspiration and puts my laziness and that of others into perspective and makes me ashamed until I forget such stories again, LOL.
He might life for another 12 years or so?

calm-down.jpg

Back
Top Bottom