What's new

Italy warns India of European response to marines trial

I understand completly, but the public pressure on our government is gigantic. Right wing politicians from Lega Nord call india a terrorist regime and put it in one line with Iran and North Korea. They use the heat of this situation to get voters. PM Letta is a calm prime minister, but he had to step back now. Our next PM will be much more agressive but still calm. He simply has to be harder because if not, right wing party will gain even more votes. Our president Napolitano want appoint the new PM without new elections simply because he fears that in worst case Berlusconi could be reelected or even worse.

Do you know what those lega nord activists say public in TV here?
That india calls our marines terrorists and italy a terrorist state and that india is a terrorist state.

Two years ago that was unthinkable. India was seen as close partner in italy. And i don´t know how this can be solved.

Well I don't really understand how this incident could make or break a government? Why? You Italians are short in issues to play up to score some political brownie points? But I really sympathize with your present prime minister he got it all wrong. Playing machismo would not get you anywhere in India you need deft underhand (if you know what I mean) to get things done. You cannot threaten India and not expect reciprocation.

India is a land of billion people remind that to your prime minister. If he is feeling pressured in his country than imagine how it would feel to be an Indian prime minister to give in to these threats. I sincerely hope wisdom prevail in your country,

I understand completly, but the public pressure on our government is gigantic. Right wing politicians from Lega Nord call india a terrorist regime and put it in one line with Iran and North Korea. They use the heat of this situation to get voters. PM Letta is a calm prime minister, but he had to step back now. Our next PM will be much more agressive but still calm. He simply has to be harder because if not, right wing party will gain even more votes. Our president Napolitano want appoint the new PM without new elections simply because he fears that in worst case Berlusconi could be reelected or even worse.

That india calls our marines terrorists and italy a terrorist state and that india is a terrorist state.

Two years ago that was unthinkable. India was seen as close partner in italy. And i don´t know how this can be solved.
This is the exact replica situation in India today. Current Congress govt is seen as soft on such issues but they are trying to act hard due to upcoming elections while upcoming govt will be of BJP which has a Right wing Idology and generally seen as strong on such issues. If Congress will bent down before Italy then they will be further lose their support and BJP will definitely gain from this and Congress dont want this.
PS: Both countries should find a way to break this deadlock situation.

This is the exact replica situation in India today. Current Congress govt is seen as soft on such issues but they are trying to act hard due to upcoming elections while upcoming govt will be of BJP which has a Right wing Idology and generally seen as strong on such issues. If Congress will bent down before Italy then they will be further lose their support and BJP will definitely gain from this and Congress dont want this.

Particularly since Congress is lead by former Italian national. Perception dictating their inaction.

How? And how quick?

P.s.: For the two indians arrested in italy. They murdered an iranian studend and put her in a bag. They drived to venice and pushed her body into the lagoon and then went back. They were captured on cameras and it is proven that they commited that murder. And that was not an accident. I think even indians agree that this is a totally different situation.

very rightly said and not to mention that it was Italy who hypered this issue so much by their big mouth warning and the decelaration of war. Now the Govt. of India is under huge pressure by the opposition, media and the public to give a strong reply to these warning.

very rightly said and not to mention that it was Italy who hypered this issue so much by their big mouth warning and the decelaration of war. Now the Govt. of India is under huge pressure by the opposition, media and the public to give a strong reply to these warning.
So what you suggest? In all honesty i don´t believe that indians can be happy about this situation either.
Italy never did anything bad to india. I´m not aware of indian culture though and how much that is worth in your culture.

How? And how quick?

P.s.: For the two indians arrested in italy. They murdered an iranian studend and put her in a bag. They drived to venice and pushed her body into the lagoon and then went back. They were captured on cameras and it is proven that they commited that murder. And that was not an accident. I think even indians agree that this is a totally different situation.
Um I don't know how but I am sure upcoming govt can find a way to resolve this issue 'unless' Italy don't issue warnings as that will mess whole things like It did now. But Marines will have to be punished for their crime though we might hand them over to Italy if they request us and allow them to serve inprisonment in Italy.
PS: Regarding those 2 Indians, they should be punished with hardest way possible for the pathetic crime they have done. In India, either they would have given death or life inprisonment and I am sure Italy will punish them with hardest way possible.

So what you suggest? In all honesty i don´t believe that indians can be happy about this situation either.
Italy never did anything bad to india. I´m not aware of indian culture though and how much that is worth in your culture.

Mate, you must understand that in India friends are friends. If you stand by us when we were in need then we will stand by you and do our best to help you whenever you are in desperate need. But should not expect us to be friendly with you when you have killed some of our countrymen and are throwing unnecessary warning just for the sake of old friendship.

Maximum Italians can do is to humiliate innocent Indians in Italy.No more no less.Politically Italy cant do nothing against India .India is too different .Your leaders may call India in line of Iran or NK.But Iran and NK got that designation due to US influence and power not Italy.But US and EU dont considered India like that.Even UN handwash this case.We dont care Italy domestic pressure. Our promise is to dont give death penalty to Italian marines ,we kept that word.But we will decide what law must enforce against them . I hope you can understand

Another of the messed up foreign policy of the government.

Every neighbor was made hostile and now on path of into making others courting rule of law as if the bigwigs are getting punished for whatever they do in the country , be it crores of scams , political murder or even careless murders as in case of salman hit and run case.

The Italians have paid hefty compensation to the victims family and they have not got a slightest of intention to carry on the case and punish the marines for the event happened in open ocean which is very unfortunate.

This case could have been settled amicably without much controversy much earlier.

Now it looks seriously messed up.

Dont need to worry.Our promise is to not give death penalty to them .We kept that word.Now we determine which law must enforce against marines.

Italy is reason for this.Your leaders and other politicians loud mouth create all this problems.We know marines do their job, to protect ship.Mistake may happen.But two innocent men died here and their family become orphan .But if your leaders handle this with care things will not spiral out like this.Remember France and US apologise India in both shooting mistake in Africa and USS Rappanhock case respectively even if it is not necessary.
That is the spirit.Your leaders and media justification creates all this problems.Seems your country misunderstand India's power and reach.What you leaders think when they said marines need not to came to India during bail period in Italy.Italy creates their own self trap.And India take its revenge starting NIA investigation

How do you expect us to stay calm? Do you know what size this issue has in italy?

_66739236_66739235.jpg

OB-XA036_imarin_G_20130410090659.jpg

mea-ferrari-italy.jpg

3669537.jpg

3746922.jpg

The situation is escalating in italy and puts so much pressure on our government that it is almost incapable to operate undisturbed on this issue. I don´t know if you realize under what pressure our government stands because of this.

And the most sad part is, that italy saw itself as close friend of india till 2012. Italy pushed EU to start free trade agreements with india. Italy started science cooperation with india. Italy did free indian hostages of somali pirates.

Flag-Pins-Italy-India.jpg

It is sad that all this is broken now and reached a level of total bittnerness that i see no positive ending in.
To be honest i don´t even know how our nations could solve this issue in a way that both can live it.

One could think Italy and India are mature enough to solve this in a way like grown up people would but idk. Maybe a 3rd partner must be involved to help us. Someone we both trust like Japan. But i would prefer if we can solve that alone.

Actually we are too cautious about FTA.Bottom line we cant trust EU.Britian did the same thing and you know what .they loot all our wealth.For your co operation you got a lot of defence deal from India with hard cash.Now that is also over .If Italy -India
relation soured at the present case it will not give much damage to India.

As you said, you heared. What you hear is not based on facts. Do i feel superior? yes i do. And how i feel is my business, not yours. Nothing in india impress me, some nature maybe, but that has nothing to do with indian people.

who care about your impression?,we dont care about Italy.We only care about our citizens

Its not rare nor is it only happening in remote areas.

Add the rape in india and you see whats going on there. As far as i know raping is considered totally normal in india.

Please do not talk shit when you dunno nothing about us. How are you claiming female foeticide is not rare nowadays? And Rape normal? hahaha probably for you, we have a really big population hence they are bound to be bad elements.

I can reply to your post in the same manner stating that Italy is a facist country even now but i chose not to. So kindly stop spewing bs.

Thanks.

See now this kind of posts make sense. Vote bank politics happens here too. Ultimately the marines are not gonna be given the death sentence for sure, but if proven guilty they might have to serve few years in jail here and probably released later by presidential pardon or something like that. Indians do not have anything against Italy, but the thing here is if the marines were from someother country even from India the outcome would be the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom