What's new

ISRO's GSLV D5 likely to be launched in early January 2014

Jitine Bhojpuri/Methli ati thi Pichliee post may use kar lee....:D Lets keep discussion to GSLV D5 Launch. :whistle:

Theek hai
Mai toh bas haat azmaa raha tha :partay:
On topic
GSLVs success is crucial if we want to reduce our a Dependence on Europe & capture a larger part of the Satelite launching market

Is this the rocket they making to put man in space?
I think no. GSLV Mk-III which is going to be tested in 2014/15/16 is probably for that reason.
A suborbital flight test of the GLSV Mk3 launcher, without its cryogenic third stage, is planned for April 2014. With first flight now scheduled for April 2014; it is likely the first orbital flight will take place in 2016. ISRO would then need several more successful launches to declare the launcher safe for manned flight. First manned flight is unlikely before 2020, possibly 2–3 years
-Wikipedia

We have yet to master cryogenic technology, without which it would be impossible to launch heavier satellites and astronauts into space.

This launch provides the opportunity to test this technology. If it works, then the doors to manned missions will be finally opened.

Yes.

Best of Luck!!!

We shall double our weight carrying capability with this rocket.

The GSLV MK III will be the ultimate game changer.

Once we master cryo tech on Mk II, up scaling the engine wont be that tough, I think.

In all ways launch of GSLV D 5 is crucial.

I think no. GSLV Mk-III which is going to be tested in 2014/15/16 is probably for that reason.

-Wikipedia

Right

And, space is there for billions of years.Human being only reached there in the 20th century.:mad:

human beings? Only white human beings :P Brown are still not there even in 21st century. Honestly though I am happy with our progress but it seems too slow sometimes

human beings? Only white human beings :P Brown are still not there even in 21st century. Honestly though I am happy with our progress but it seems too slow sometimes

Then look up Rakesh Sharma. ........... there was a brown man in space before a yellow man. :P

so US has been putting man in space since 60s and we still cant do it? :P

We are not US; we neither had monetary resources nor technical expertise in 1960s huge enough to be leader in space exploration.

The great successes ISRO achieved came after 1980. For example SLV-3, PSLV, Chandrayaan 1 etc.

I always wanted this more than Mangalyan...Good luck ISRO:tup:

Then look up Rakesh Sharma. ........... there was a brown man in space before a yellow man. :P

Before you made such a statement, read up on facts.

Pham Tuan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phạm Tuân (born February 14, 1947) is a retired Vietnam Air Force aviator. He became the first Vietnamese citizen and the first Asian (outside of Russia) in space when he flew aboard the Soyuz 37 mission as an Intercosmos Research Cosmonaut.[1][2] He was awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union.

We are not US; we neither had monetary resources nor technical expertise in 1960s huge enough to be leader in space exploration.

The great successes ISRO achieved came after 1980. For example SLV-3, PSLV, Chandrayaan 1 etc.

I don't think India has money to do it in 80s either. Its out of sacrifice to its own people that India started these projects. Its more of "our people can eat grass but we must launch a satellite" mentality.

India did not start to have any real disposable income until mid 90s.

Back
Top Bottom