What's new

ISRO's GSLV D5 likely to be launched in early January 2014

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Chennai: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Tuesday announced that the launch of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle GSLV D5, which was called off at the 11th hour on August 19 due to a fuel leak in its second stage, is likely in the first week of January 2014.

"After carrying out all preparatory works, the launch of GSLV D5 is likely by the first week of January next year. The exact date and time is yet to be fixed," ISRO sources said.

The integration of the second stage of GSLV D5 has already been completed and integration of the cryogenic stage is planned on December 9, they said.

isro-gslv-d3-630.jpg

The launch of GSLV D5 was called off at the 11th hour on August 19 due to a fuel leak in its second stage.

"After completing all other procedures, the vehicle is scheduled to be brought to the launch pad on December 28. We need at least a week for the launch after the vehicle in brought to the pad," they added.

The launch of GSLV-D5 scheduled at 1650 hours IST on August 19 was called off at Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, some 100 km from Chennai, after a leak was detected in the fuel system of the liquid second stage in pre-launch pressurisation phase on the vehicle, just two hours before lift-off.

The propellants were later drained from the cryogenic stage, liquid second stage and the four liquid strap-ons of GSLV-D5 and the vehicle was moved back to the Vehicle Assembly Building in SDSC.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...-YCwDg&usg=AFQjCNHGq_dYTSEpi3G3_Z4y7BsaVuQmow

Yeah, this is one thorn that is stuck for quite a long time....

ISRO, take your own time, but should come out with flying colors.
58hzg.gif

i totally agree , another 100 failures i don't care..important is we keep trying , take your own time isro .

best of luck :-)

i totally agree , another 100 failures i don't care..important is we keep trying , take you own time isro .

best of luck :-)

This effort may or may not end in final success.. but it certainly instills a self belief - Yes.. we can do it.. and if we can, then we will do it.. :cheers:

Is this the rocket they making to put man in space?

Back
Top Bottom