What's new

Israeli Wine Cellar Predates the Bible

No. I just give an example that there are plenty of cultures, civilizations that are well before biblical era and have nothing to do with that era as well.

I think everyone is aware of the fact that there have been plenty of nations before the Biblical era.

This discovery is interesting because it provides us with more information regarding the ancient Canaanites.

Ah, did you confuse the word "Canaanite" with "Chinese"? Or is that just an example?

The Egyptian & Elamite cultures for instance are also older than the Biblical period of the united monarchy of ancient Israel.

No. I just give an example that there are plenty of cultures, civilizations that are well before biblical era and have nothing to do with that era as well.

Of course, another example within the Middle East is the Akkadian Empire. The Kingdom of Mitanni existed before the arrival of the Israelites in the land of Canaan as far as I know. The thing that surprised me the most about them initially was that their founders & ruling elite were Indo-Aryan, but the people were predominantly Hurrian. Another thing to note is that the Hurrian language wasn't Indo-European or Semitic. It just goes to show that varying ethnolinguistic groups were present in the region besides Semites or Indo-Europeans.

In my opinion, the term Biblical era generally refers to the history of Israelites & their interactions with the surrounding nations as specified in the Bible. Other civilizations that existed within that time frame aren't generally associated with the Biblical era.

Back
Top Bottom