What's new

Israeli Wine Cellar Predates the Bible

How does it do that? The Kingdom of Israel came in to existence around 1030-1020 BCE. This cellar dates back to 1700 BCE. That's a difference of 670 years, & the exodus could have taken place somewhere within this duration. The Pharaohs generally considered to be associated with the Exodus lived more or less around this period too. Regardless, the Canaanites were a somewhat flourishing people well known by their neighbors. Ancient Hebrew traditions themselves maintain that their patriarchs had significant contact with the Canaanites before the migration to Egypt.

don't give the jews so much credit , you'll regret it :lol:

Definitely old wine tastes better but then dont you think this one would have been very old (if found preserved in those cellars):-)

Actually, you won't even be able to tell the difference between old and new wine unless you are a connoisseur. I've tried a 1990 Cabernet sauvignon and found it to be no different from the one sold in the supermarket. @sarthak Buddy, speak for yourself! Men and Wine bond just fine. I always have wine at parties and the ladies know I'm lesbian.:partay: Zum Wohl!:cheers:

don't give the jews so much credit , you'll regret it :lol:

Regret what? There is historical evidence for the Canaanites beyond Hebrew sources & the land was indeed inhabited by an urban & somewhat agriculture based people. The presence of Israelites within the land of Canaan is accounted for by various sources as well, including Hellenic & Babylonian accounts.

Regret what? There is historical evidence for the Canaanites beyond Hebrew sources & the land was indeed inhabited by an urban & somewhat agriculture based people. The presence of Israelites within the land of Canaan is accounted for by various sources as well, including Hellenic & Babylonian accounts.

haha , you certainly lack self-conviction

A sort of healthy , nice tasting alcoholic drink , what more can one ask for? One can have several glasses of it without feeling sick. But again , to each , his own.. for a person consuming purely to get drunk , wine certainly isn't the best choice.

True that.

Actually, you won't even be able to tell the difference between old and new wine unless you are a connoisseur. I've tried a 1990 Cabernet sauvignon and found it to be no different from the one sold in the supermarket.
Well i dont have much experience when it comes to old wines.As you said i have tasted only the store bought ones.And to this date i feel like adding a teaspoon or two of sugar to my glass of wine.:azn:

I have only tasted the sparkling wines...port wines...and few south African wines which are sweeter in taste.

Btw i have also tried making wine at home(gooseberry and ginger)....and it was sooo sweet that my hubby banned me from making anymore wines at home.:(

Last edited:
True that.

Well i dont have much experience when it comes to old wines.As you said i have tasted only the store bought ones.And to this date i feel like adding a teaspoon or two of sugar to my glass of wine.:azn:

I have only tasted the sparkling wines...port wines...and few south African wines which are sweeter in taste.

Btw i have also tried making wine at home(gooseberry and ginger)....and it was sooo sweet that my hubby banned me from making anymore wines at home.:(

You must try Dolce(sweet) Lambrusco. It's the sweetest, most pleasant wine that I've come across so far. Not sure if you can find them in UAE though. Chardonnay is another wine that tastes sweetish and goes easy with any dish. Though I must say, my absolute favorite is the one that costs just 60 bucks in India, Golconda Red wine! :enjoy:

You must try Dolce(sweet) Lambrusco. It's the sweetest, most pleasant wine that I've come across so far. Not sure if you can find them in UAE though. Chardonnay is another wine that tastes sweetish and goes easy with any dish. Though I must say, my absolute favorite is the one that costs just 60 bucks in India, Golconda Red wine! :enjoy:
Anything that doesnt give a hangover ..tastes sweet is welcome...:-)

All I have drank is non-alcoholic beer. :mad:

:laughcry:

Thats good going!!!:p:

Last edited:
Are you being serious or sarcastic? :P
what do you think??:azn:

p(-)0ENiX said:
I guess I could try a few new beverages starting with that 1650+ years old Roman wine. :lol:

Did you forget you are in KSA??:-)
And now be a good boy..dont even think about doing some thing that wild.....:devil:
1650+???are you serious??:partay:

off topic:
I want an emoticon app,which i can use in emails too.I already use emoji but my smileys in email appear as sq. boxes:(.My friends have started to tease me
help.gif

what do you think??:azn:

I think it's sarcasm. :lol: Most people enjoy drinking, & I guess there is no harm in that provided those people are responsible enough to monitor their consumption.

Did you forget you are in KSA??:-)
And now be a good boy..dont even think about doing some thing that wild.....:devil:
1650+???are you serious??:partay:

I might try a few beverages after I leave KSA for my Masters. :partay:

I don't mind trying that 1650+ years old Roman wine as long as a microbiologist gives me assurances that I won't die after drinking that. I will keep a gun on me to shoot & take him or her back to the Creator with me just in case I feel like I am dying after drink that. :rofl: :P (I am joking.)

off topic:
I want an emoticon app,which i can use in emails too.I already use emoji but my smileys in email appear as sq. boxes:(.My friends have started to tease me
help.gif

I only use emoticons (Emoji) while chatting so I don't know if an application that could help you out exists. To be honest, it probably doesn't exist. While many cross platform applications have adopted Emoji, there are still a number of them that haven't as far as I know. For example; instant messaging applications like BBM use a proprietary set of smileys. You could simply use text based smileys for now.

Last edited:
Anyway, here is some information regarding the Canaanites for anyone that's interested.

Canaanites

The Canaanites were the indigenous people of the ancient Levant (modern Israel, Palestine, Transjordan, Lebanon and coastal Syria). They spoke a Semitic language related to Hebrew. During the Early Bronze Age, as trade with Egypt increased, strongly defended cities developed throughout the region which formed the centres of independent states. Egyptian campaigns were occasionally launched against some Canaanite cities but relations were normally maintained through trade.

Starting around 2000 BC, Canaanites began to infiltrate the Egyptian Delta, and their donkey caravans can be seen on a number of Egyptian tomb paintings. By 1700 BC they had seized control of the Delta and established a local dynasty known as the Hyksos or “Shepherd Kings”. This period (1700-1480) saw the development of a rich and imaginative artistic style, and it was at this time too that the Canaanites developed an alphabetic writing system that was passed on to the Phoenicians.

Around 1550 BC the Hyksos were driven from Egypt by the energetic kings of the Eighteenth Dynasty, and Tuthmosis III (1504-1450 BC) put the entire Canaanite region under direct imperial control. Throughout the period of the Egyptian Empire, disaffected and dispossessed Canaanites, known to the Egyptians as Habiru migrated to the hill country regions. This Habiru population formed the kernel of what was to become historical Israel, and it was referred to as such by the pharaoh Merneptah (reigned 1236-1223 BC) on a victory stele now in the Cairo Museum.

Please note that the term "Habiru" does not relate to the word "Hebrew".

Last edited:
I think it's sarcasm.
:agree:
p(-)0ENiX said:
Most people enjoy drinking, & I guess there is no harm in that provided those people are responsible enough to monitor their consumption.
Dont count me amongst them...:angel:
But true ...those who drink must know when to stop.

p(-)0ENiX said:
I might try a few beverages after I leave KSA for my Masters. :partay:
Then limit them to just Tea and Coffee :coffee:

Btw where are you planning to go ..,UK??

p(-)0ENiX said:
I don't mind trying that 1650+ years old Roman wine as long as a microbiologist gives me assurances that I won't die after drinking that. I will keep a gun on me to shoot & take him or her back to the Creator with me just in case I feel like I am dying after drink that. :P (I am joking.)

:rofl:

p(-)0ENiX said:
I only use emoticons (Emoji) while chatting so I don't know if an application that could help you out exists. To be honest, it probably doesn't exist. While many cross platform applications have adopted Emoji, there are still a number of them that haven't as far as I know. For example; instant messaging applications like BBM use a proprietary set of smileys. You could simply use text based smileys for now.

emoji is not working in my gmail.
Though it works fine in Whatsapp ....havent used it in BBM till now.

But thanks once again:-)

Dont count me amongst them...:angel:

:lol:

Then limit them to just Tea and Coffee :coffee:

Btw where are you planning to go ..,UK??

I only drink coffee at work, but for the most part, neither tea nor coffee is a regular part of my diet.

I still haven't made a decision regarding the university I want to attend. :D

emoji is not working in my gmail.
Though it works fine in Whatsapp ....havent used it in BBM till now.

But thanks once again:-)

Yeah, I understood that you were asking for a way to get Emoji running on non-IM (instant messaging) applications or in this case; the e-mail client. Unfortunately, I don't think standard iOS & Android applications can share emoticons at this moment unless support for Emoji has been programmed in to the application as in the case of Whatsapp. The other way around it is provide your own set of emoticons for cross-platform integration; that is BlackBerry Messenger's approach. However, if you are communicating with someone using an iOS device, then Emoji should technically function as long as your message was sent from iOS too.

Back
Top Bottom