What's new

Israeli soldier commits suicide near Gaza border

Gothic

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
https://www.maannews.com/Content.aspx?id=775515

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- An Israeli soldier committed suicide by shooting himself near the border with the Gaza Strip overnight Thursday, Hebrew media reported on Friday.

Various news outlets reported that the soldier was found critically injured after he shot himself, and that army medical teams attempted to save his life to no avail. He was pronounced dead shortly after.

An Israeli army spokesperson confirmed the incident to Ma’an, saying the soldier was found dead at his base in southern Israel, and that a military police investigation had been opened.

I think he came to a sudden realization of some sort

When you are an illegal occupying force encouraged to commit war crimes, this sort of stuff happens.

When you are an illegal occupying force encouraged to commit war crimes, this sort of stuff happens.
Oh shut up! Don't make up lies on the back of a stressed-out or a mentally ill soldier for your annoying propaganda. It's completely disrespectful. besides that there are no war crimes against Gaza - except the ones you Jihadi fanboys spread around the web with recycled pictures.

If you refuse to join the defense force/army what happens?

If you refuse to join the defense force/army what happens?

First, allow me to quote from a letter written by some reservists of one of Israel's most elite spec ops units who refused to brutalize the occupied territories:
We shall no longer lend a hand in the occupation of the territories. We shall no longer take part in the deprivation of basic human rights from millions of Palestinians. We shall no longer serve as a shield in the crusade of the settlements. We shall no longer corrupt our moral character in missions of oppression. We shall no longer deny our responsibility as soldiers of the Israeli DEFENSE force.

From Wiki:

The Israeli High Court of Justice ruled in 2002 that refusal to serve was legal on the grounds of unqualified pacifism, but "selective refusal" which accepted some duties and not others was illegal. The court said that allowing selective refusal would "weaken the ties that bind us as a nation". The court also said that the refusal to serve in the territories is selective refusal and not conscientious objection.

From 1998 to 2000, 9.5% of applicants who filed for an exemption from service for conscientious reasons were granted it.[43]

On January 4, 2004, a military tribunal imposed one-year prison terms on five young activists who refused to enlist in the IDF. The court accepted that the five acted in accordance with their conscience but "ruled that they did not refuse to serve as individuals, but rather as a group, with the explicit goal of bringing about a change in Israeli policy in the territories. As such, the court ruled, their action strayed from the norms of classic conscientious objection into the realm of civil disobedience"

Oh shut up! Don't make up lies on the back of a stressed-out or a mentally ill soldier for your annoying propaganda. It's completely disrespectful. besides that there are no war crimes against Gaza - except the ones you Jihadi fanboys spread around the web with recycled pictures.

Oh shut up! Don't make up lies for your annoying propaganda by labeling me a Jihadi fanboy. I have fought jihadi bastards --- who happened to be of the same ideology your govt / intel tacitly supports in Syria. Israel has no problem with brutal jihadis as long as they are brutalizing Israel's enemies. It's completely disrespectful.

BTW, nothing I said was propaganda --- though I'm sure it's annoying for you to accept that your Army is ILLEGALLY in the West Bank and Gaza. It's an illegal occupation under international law / the UN. Settlements in these territories are illegal too obviously, and I salute the IDF members who refuse to protect settlers / further their agenda, and I hope you do too (as a moral and empathetic human being).

Have a good day :)

Back
Top Bottom