What's new

Israel launches comm satellite from Kazakhstan

TruthSeeker

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
United States
Israel's biggest telecom satellite goes into orbit from Kazakhstan

Associated Press (CM), JERUSALEM — Israel's main aerospace and defense company says it has launched into space the country's "largest and most sophisticated" communications satellite.

State-owned Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. said Sunday that it launched the Amos 4 satellite from a Russian-operated space launch base in Kazakhstan the previous night.

Space Communication Ltd., the Israeli company operating the satellite, said the Amos 4 will be operational within two months and will provide video distribution and broadband services to Russian and Asian internet and communications companies.

Israeli Science and Technology Minister Yaacov Peri said space-related matters are "critical to Israel's security."

The Israeli military and Defense Ministry had no comment on the launch.

This article was submitted to Israel's military censor, which ordered deletions.

Israel's biggest telecom satellite goes into orbit from Kazakhstan - NBC News.com

Netanyahu congratulates Amos IV developers on successful launch

By JPOST.COM STAFF, 09/01/2013 15:00

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Sunday congratulated the developers of the Israeli Amos IV satellite, which successully took off on Saturday night from the Zenit launching pad in Baikonur, Kazakhstan.

"I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Israel Aerospace Industries and the Spacecom Satellite Communications Ltd. for the successful launch of the Amos IV satellite," said a statement from Netanyahu. "There are very few countries in the world that can congratulate themselves on such an achievement. As prime minister, I and the ministers here are very proud."

The Amos IV launch was scheduled to end in the early hours of Sunday, when the satellite disconnects from the final part of its launcher. It will take two weeks to reach its designated orbital position at a height of 36,000 kilometers.

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/...mos-IV-developers-on-successful-launch-324925

I bet this will monitor the Iranian nuclear facilities effectively.

Russians launch satellites from Kazakhstan?

Russians launch satellites from Kazakhstan?

USSR built the world's first and largest cosmodrome in the Kazakh steppe. And now Russia leases it from Kazakhstan. But by 2030, it is planned that 90% of launches will be from Vostochnyi (East) cosmodrom which is under construction now.

I bet this will monitor the Iranian nuclear facilities effectively.

Not just the iranians brother, but us all. Infact the way it is going it seems that iran benefits more from the actions or israhell, and vise versa. And we think that they are enemies.

Bro, even if I were or weren't that won't make a difference with you guys.

Price eh. lol
I am emailing you my papers, have my Saudi citizenship ready.

Back
Top Bottom