Islamic fundamentalism is widely spread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenLin

Reaction score
Country
Poland
WZB study shows significantly high numbers amongst Europe’s Muslims

Religious fundamentalism is not a marginal phenomenon in Western Europe. This conclusion is drawn in a study published by Ruud Koopmans from the WZB Berlin Social Science Center. The author analyzed data from a representative survey among immigrants and natives in six European countries. Two thirds of the Muslims interviewed say that religious rules are more important to them than the laws of the country in which they live. Three quarters of the respondents hold the opinion that there is only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran.

These numbers are significantly higher than those from local Christians. Only 13 percent of this group put religious rules above national law; just under 20 percent refuse to accept differing interpretations of the Bible. For Ruud Koopmans, this powerful tendency toward Muslim religious fundamentalism is alarming: “Fundamentalism is not an innocent form of strict religiosity”, the sociologist says. “We find a strong correlation between religious fundamentalism – actually among both Christians and Muslims – and hostility toward out-groups like homosexuals or Jews.” Almost 60 percent of the Muslim respondents reject homosexuals as friends; 45 percent think that Jews cannot be trusted; and an equally large group believes that the West is out to destroy Islam. The Christians’ answers for comparison: As many as 9 percent are openly anti-Semitic; 13 percent do not want to have homosexuals as friends; and 23 percent think that Muslims aim to destroy Western culture.

The Six Country Immigrant Integration Comparative Survey collected data in more than 9,000 telephone interviews in Germany, France, Netherlands, Austria, Belgium and Sweden. The respondents were Turkish and Moroccan immigrants, as well as control groups of natives. This study is the first that allows analysis on an empirical base of the extent and impact of religious fundamentalism.

Ruud Koopmans’ article “Fundamentalism and out-group hostility. Comparing Muslims and Christians in Europe” has just been published in the December issue of the quarterly WZB-Mitteilungen. The issue presents various contributions on migration and integration topics, mainly in German.

Islamic fundamentalism is widely spread | WZB

WZB study shows significantly high numbers amongst Europe’s Muslims

Religious fundamentalism is not a marginal phenomenon in Western Europe. This conclusion is drawn in a study published by Ruud Koopmans from the WZB Berlin Social Science Center. The author analyzed data from a representative survey among immigrants and natives in six European countries. Two thirds of the Muslims interviewed say that religious rules are more important to them than the laws of the country in which they live. Three quarters of the respondents hold the opinion that there is only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran.

These numbers are significantly higher than those from local Christians. Only 13 percent of this group put religious rules above national law; just under 20 percent refuse to accept differing interpretations of the Bible. For Ruud Koopmans, this powerful tendency toward Muslim religious fundamentalism is alarming: “Fundamentalism is not an innocent form of strict religiosity”, the sociologist says. “We find a strong correlation between religious fundamentalism – actually among both Christians and Muslims – and hostility toward out-groups like homosexuals or Jews.” Almost 60 percent of the Muslim respondents reject homosexuals as friends; 45 percent think that Jews cannot be trusted; and an equally large group believes that the West is out to destroy Islam. The Christians’ answers for comparison: As many as 9 percent are openly anti-Semitic; 13 percent do not want to have homosexuals as friends; and 23 percent think that Muslims aim to destroy Western culture.

The Six Country Immigrant Integration Comparative Survey collected data in more than 9,000 telephone interviews in Germany, France, Netherlands, Austria, Belgium and Sweden. The respondents were Turkish and Moroccan immigrants, as well as control groups of natives. This study is the first that allows analysis on an empirical base of the extent and impact of religious fundamentalism.

Ruud Koopmans’ article “Fundamentalism and out-group hostility. Comparing Muslims and Christians in Europe” has just been published in the December issue of the quarterly WZB-Mitteilungen. The issue presents various contributions on migration and integration topics, mainly in German.

Islamic fundamentalism is widely spread | WZB

Islamic fundamentalism cannot overpower Europe's secular and open societies.

Just wait for few generations

And

the so-called fundamentalists will disappear.

However I do suggest that Mullahs and Ayatullahs settled in Europe and US should be certified by the local colleges and schools and not some bad-@rse madhouse madrassah in some bad@rse middle Eastern country.

Europeans must direct the development of curriculum for such Islamic certifications based on the local history, culture, and traditions.

So that the Mullahs would not preach $hit in the mosques.

Peace

Meh, you guys need to keep an eye on the returning fundoos from Syria and other places. Those are who you need to watch out for.

What islamic? They are a zionist sect beheading to blame the name of Allah TMM

Without NATO behind they are nothing: Al Qaeda only kill 5 JEW France soldiers in Mali, when they have killed 130000 syrians

500 respondents for each group was surveyed, resulting in a total number of 9 365 valid observations. The data set has been supplemented with a broad set of context data on the ethnic composition of the local resident population, the regional labour market situation in the host country, and certain cultural and political aspects in the respondent's origin provinces, gathered from various official statistics.

The respondents were Turkish and Moroccan immigrants

. It does so by comparing the levels of structural and socio-cultural integration of Turkish immigrants in six countries (Germany, France, Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, and Sweden) and Moroccan immigrants in four countries (Germany, France, Netherlands, Austria). The study includes a comparison group of natives.

:lol:, wow that is really Broad. Apparently only Turks and Moroccans are Muslims? Also I would like to review the questions and style of questioning. How large was the comparative group?

This is an interesting thread although i will not agree with the fact but again it is a matter to understand more about it..

Last Wednesday, I was returning home to airport in a taxi.In the course of conversation, the young cab driver seems to me is a rich boy who is in college and doing part time as taxi driver. He initiated the discussion and interesting i got to know that he is from Saudi Arab...But then most interesting thing happened that he appreciated and likes so much of good thing about India and of course Hindu people....Although usually few people in US, get involved in a religion related discussion still then when i see he is comfortable i encouraged him to keep talking about it...

Some of my observation:

1- He is dead against his own conuntry men and he feels that they are not real muslims...I find it really surprising as some muslim people saying Saudi Arab as non muslim...which is strange...When i asked him the reason for it, he asserted that same w***habi thing that we always discuss in this thread....

2- When i closely monitored his word, he was referring to people of his own native nation as "Them".which is difficult to hear from an immigrant who feels that native native nation is always treated as "Mine" and US is always mentioned as "They".

3- Positive view about Hindu and India people....Of course i am not sure he was flattering me or not .

4- And finally ..when i asked about why you donot like your nation....He told very angrily that as he is a Shia person, they are not treated as Muslims people in Saudi Arab....Of course ...then i stopped this conversation to make sure i am not going deep into any controversial topic....

The immigrants in Europe are mostly uneducated, nothing surprising about the results.
You would be surprised if you would do the same research in Turkey.

The findings in Turkey, based on interviews with some 1,500 individuals who are statistically representative, are particularly interesting. Those Muslims “who favor making sharia the official law in their country” make up only 12% of the population of Turkey, which is one of the lowest points in all the 37 countries that are surveyed. Notably, the same group is 84% in Pakistan, 86% in Malaysia and 74% in Egypt. The Turkish case is rather similar to Bosnia-Herzegovina or Albania, where only 15% and 12% of the populations, respectively, want to see sharia as official law.

In other words, those Turks who favor corporal punishments make up only 35% of the 12% who want sharia in the first place — which makes a total 4% of the whole society.

These Pew figures about Turkey looked pretty convincing to me, because they resonate with the findings of Turkish political scientists who made surveys on the same matter in the recent past. In 2006, for example, two secular academics supported by TESEV, a prominent liberal think tank, had found that only 8% of Turkish society demanded a “sharia-based religious regime.” When extreme measures such as stoning were asked about, they noted, the support “even zeroed.”

None of this means that Muslim religiosity is weak in Turkey. Quite the contrary, other polls show that at least 70% of Turks are fairly observant, with visits to a mosque at least once a week and the observation of the Ramadan fast. Yet, the majority of these pious Turks are used to seeing religion as a matter of personal faith, family and the community — just not state and law.

Is Turkey Headed for Sharia Rule? - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Last edited:
:lol:, wow that is really Broad. Apparently only Turks and Moroccans are Muslims? Also I would like to review the questions and style of questioning. How large was the comparative group?

It's the standard "Eurabia" hysteria, repackaged and dressed up for the usual audience.

There is an industry churning out these studies and analyses for the intended market -- like a drug dealer delivering his regular fix to his junkies.

Last edited:
This does not represent the Turks in Europe,most fundamentalists are from Arabic origin in Europe.
I would say the survey is bs.

Complete bs. Spreading fear of Muslims for no reason...

Some racist, supremacist Europeans want Muslims to be the new Jews......The world better watch out for this

While the survey itself maybe biased against Muslims but the trend is even seen of PDF.

Uh hu, the usual apologists running wild in here. Not really surprising, denial is rampant among some believers.

I suppose if this all was so fictional and a propaganda ploy, why does Germany need to import imam's from Turkey instead of KSA now? Seeing as the ones from KSA were batshit insane and were preaching borderline jihad. Or why did France expel radical imam's?

The old paradox of "peaceful Muslims" and fact that Muslims are involved in almost every armed conflict that's happening right now. :lol:

Last edited:
Uh hu, the usual apologists running wild in here. Not really surprising, denial is rampant among some believers.

I suppose if this all was so fictional and a propaganda ploy, why does Germany need to import imam's from Turkey instead of KSA now? Seeing as the ones from KSA were batshit insane and were preaching borderline jihad. Or why did France expel radical imam's?

The old paradox of "peaceful Muslims" and fact that Muslims are involved in almost every armed conflict that's happening right now. :lol:

Good thing you mentioned KSA, it is your western Allies who support and prop up the regime there. They return the favour by polluting the muslim countries with their obnoxious fundamentalists beliefs which allows to invade the countries to put down "threats to national Security". Ever wonder why the majority of Terrorist acts committed by so called Muslims are nearly always done by people who share the beliefs as your trusted ally in the Middle-East?

And your linking every armed conflict with Muslims and extrapolating it as your evidence is quite unprofessional, all conflicts in the world have deeper political and geographical reasons, religion is just used to rally support for a cause, just like patriotism was used to invade Iraq when it nothing to do with 9/11 and was in no way a danger to the US.

I will advise you stop simplifying things just to bash someone's religion, Religious people are about as much to blame as irreligious people.

Pls read the article i have shared before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom