What's new

ISI Still Top One Following CIA#2 RAW#9

It is the same story every year..some Pakistani journalist come up with his own rankings of intelligence agencies, in which ISI is rated the best.

Even though there does not existing any such ranking in the world.

Here we have zee news report which claims RAW is the best.

Top 10 – World’s powerful intelligence agencies : RAW, India

Frankly such comparison are idiotic, as most of their work is clandestine... their failures become public, their success does not.

Last edited:
You cant really rate any intelligence Agency be it CIA,ISI,Mi6 or anyone for that matter, as you never know their achievements or their failures , except those that are intentionally made public or are leaked via any other source .

ISI never chose to be so, its been made so by domestic and international media. Even then though, the name is known but the workings, systems and tactics remain secret as always.

Nothing wrong in being popular - CIA, MI6, KBG, Mossad are well known - they even make movies on them.

Couple of movies on RAW also came out in the last couple of years - but were plain fantasies. RAW doesn't operate anything like they show them to in the movies.

Nothing wrong in being popular - CIA, MI6, KBG, Mossad are well known - they even make movies on them.

Couple of movies on RAW also came out in the last couple of years - but were plain fantasies. RAW doesn't operate anything like they show them to in the movies.

Completely different ball game when you're on the news rather than in cinema.

Completely different ball game when you're on the news rather than in cinema.

Yes,

completely different for sure, though CIA, Mossad, KGB, MI6 were / are in the news constantly similar to ISI.

ISI does find a lot of mention in most of the articles that's written on Afghanistan or Pakistan.

ISI never chose to be so, its been made so by domestic and international media. Even then though, the name is known but the workings, systems and tactics remain secret as always.
I think its a mix of demonizing done by the western media and unrealistic hero worshiping by parts of Pakistani society that has resulted in this. In my view that is the biggest efficiency killer ISI would be having to deal with

I think its a mix of demonizing done by the western media and unrealistic hero worshiping by parts of Pakistani society that has resulted in this. In my view that is the biggest efficiency killer ISI would be having to deal with

Number of threads on PDF where new recruits ask procedures to join ISI, I think they have a dedicated thread for the procedure t o join ISI too. It seems to have a huge fan following in Pakistan and the Geo vs ISI tussle revealed that Pakistani's in general do not like to hear any sort of criticism against this agency - kind of a hero / God worship - and the ISI folks seem to revel and enjoy that attention from Pakistanis.

Ex ISI general claims ISI is world's No.1 Intell agency based on UK study.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom