What's new

ISI Provided Courier Phone number to US - Foreign office

jahangeer yousaf

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salman Bashir Said

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir said that it would be catastrophic if any other country even thinks of following the example of the United States.

"We feel that that sort of misadventure or miscalculation would result in a terrible catastrophe," he said. "There should be no doubt Pakistan has adequate capacity to ensure its own defence."

MOD EDIT:

Bashir provided additional details about Pakistan’s role in the years-long search for bin Laden, and about its actions the morning of the raid, when he said two Pakistani F-16 fighter jets were deployed in response to the U.S. operation. By the time the jets reached the compound, the raid was over.

He said a cellphone number for bin Laden’s trusted courier was discovered by Pakistan’s top spy agency and provided to the CIA, which used it to locate bin Laden’s compound.
Pakistan questions legality of U.S. operation that killed bin Laden - The Washington Post

Salman Bashir Said

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir said that it would be catastrophic if any other country even thinks of following the example of the United States.

"We feel that that sort of misadventure or miscalculation would result in a terrible catastrophe," he said. "There should be no doubt Pakistan has adequate capacity to ensure its own defence."

I was watching this conference, and Its funny the way he said any other country. As if USA is allowed and no OTHER country will be permitted. :rofl:

Salman Bashir Said

catastropic for whom?....obviously for Pakistan...coz another worlds most wanted terrorist living there would destroy any reputation that is left after this Osama killing....

I was watching this conference, and Its funny the way he said any other country. As if USA is allowed and no OTHER country will be permitted. :rofl:

But you know its true and that is the funny part...:cheers:

PA has to prove their selve

for example

starts shooting down the drones by anza III

this is the only way now they can restore their image.

anyways i still like them

Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir has said that Osama’s affair will be discussed in parliament.

Giving a media briefing in Islamabad, the foreign secretary said that the United States conducted the operation in Abbottabad without taking Pakistan into confidence and thus breached international laws.

“Our radars were jammed and civil and military leadership was not taken into confidence in the operation against Bin Laden. Osama has become a thing of the past, but if these kinds of acts are repeated, then results can be devastating”, he said.

Bashir said that the national security and country’s sovereignty were top priorities of the government.

He said that Pakistan and United States were strategic partners, but admitted that their relationship was passing through a difficult phase.

The foreign secretary said that Osama’s presence near the Pakistan Military Academy would be investigated. He said that the armed forces of Pakistan were fully capable of defending the country and the nation trust in them and the security agencies. He said that accusing ISI of having links with Al Qaeda was a baseless thing.

He urged the world powers to stop telling Pakistan to ‘do more’. He said that most of the terrorists on the CIA website were arrested by Pakistan. He said, “We don’t call the 9/11 attacks as the CIA’s failure.”

I liked the very last statement

Just wait for further revelations based on the computer material collected in the operation. ;)

Just wait for further revelations based on the computer material collected in the operation. ;)

I already know whats gonna be in there. Some thing like : AQ already has a nuclear bomb gifted by non other than Army chief himself and personally. 90% of Pakistanis support AQ having a nuclear bomb etc etc.

Good enough reasons to attack Pak ? Yeah!

I already know whats gonna be in there. Some thing like : AQ already has a nuclear bomb gifted by non other than Army chief himself and personally. 90% of Pakistanis support AQ having a nuclear bomb etc etc.

Good enough reasons to attack Pak ? Yeah!

Is it??? So USA will attack on pakistan??? :what:

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

There is no need to attack Pakistan. Pakistan will do the job of its own destruction all by itself. Mark my words.

marked.....

How will Pakistanis now react to another drone strike? And a drone strike will happen. The US has found a very good reason now to keep the drone strikes on.

How will Pakistanis now react to another drone strike? And a drone strike will happen. The US has found a very good reason now to keep the drone strikes on.

we will ask for money simple as far as i know about the approach of pakistani leadership ..........

but being a pakistani i want drone to be shooted down

I have changed the thread title since there is already a thread on the subject of Pakistan's 'warning against future raids'.

IMO, the news about providing the courier phone number to the US, which allowed the US to track him and find OBL, is the most significant piece of news. IMO, this pretty much debunks the argument that Pakistan was complicit in sheltering OBL.

I have edited the first post and title to reflect that.

Bashir provided additional details about Pakistan’s role in the years-long search for bin Laden, and about its actions the morning of the raid, when he said two Pakistani F-16 fighter jets were deployed in response to the U.S. operation. By the time the jets reached the compound, the raid was over.

He said a cellphone number for bin Laden’s trusted courier was discovered by Pakistan’s top spy agency and provided to the CIA, which used it to locate bin Laden’s compound.
Pakistan questions legality of U.S. operation that killed bin Laden - The Washington Post

Yes - emails from Kayani and Pasha!

Oh wait, no internet access :(

Hmmm ... excel spreadsheets showing OBL's retirement plans with a Pakistani Military pension perhaps?

Quite frankly, the whole 'treasure trove of information from hard drives' is overblown by the US.

This was a guy on the run, not an accountant. Its not like he was actually involved in disbursing funds on a periodic basis to AQ, or for that matter involved in running the organization on a daily basis. All of that would have involved a significant amount of back and forth communication, which would have put his location at risk.

Just the usual US psy-ops.

Back
Top Bottom