What's new

Is this mini cruise missile a good idea?

You shouldn't have added Tomahawk which is state-of-the-art and has more than 1million USD.

Why should surveillance drones be used as an cruise missiles i can't comprehend. Apple and pears don't seem to be comparable.
I'm saying they have dual capabilities of loitering with mini-cruise missiles for about 30 minutes. They have a infrared camera to see below ground and target things while a operator could control the missile via satellite or radio.

I'm saying they have dual capabilities of loitering with mini-cruise missiles for about 30 minutes. They have a infrared camera to see below ground and target things while a operator could control the missile via satellite or radio.
You are about to pull down a vehicle which is metiсolously produced to serve more then this)
I would suggest you adhere smartbombs onto drones as Turkish Army does. You wouldn't sucrifice your precious surveillance birds, on the other hand using cheaper ammo you would economize your defence budget.
Here it is Roketsan Mini Smart Bomb
Screenshot_20190105-235731.jpg

Classified Smart 50 lbas Micro and “Micro Length Munition”, munition less than with 1 m, an optimized weight less for use from all UAV classes and light attack aircraft where minimum payload weight is the most critical mission requirement.

Click to see brochure.

System General Description
  • Laser seeker provides precision accuracy and effectiveness against stationary and moving targets.
  • Soft targets such as light structures, ground vehicles, radar antennas and anti-personnel at 25 m radius are possible targets for the blast fragmentation warhead.
  • 8 km maximum range depending on launch altitude.

Attachments

• MAM-L-Eng-email.pdf
    270.4 KB · Views: 59
You are about to pull down a vehicle which is metiсolously produced to serve more then this)
I would suggest you adhere smartbombs onto drones as Turkish Army does. You wouldn't sucrifice your precious surveillance birds, on the other hand using cheaper ammo you would economize your defence budget.
Here it is Roketsan Mini Smart Bomb
View attachment 531027
Classified Smart 50 lbas Micro and “Micro Length Munition”, munition less than with 1 m, an optimized weight less for use from all UAV classes and light attack aircraft where minimum payload weight is the most critical mission requirement.

Click to see brochure.

System General Description
  • Laser seeker provides precision accuracy and effectiveness against stationary and moving targets.
  • Soft targets such as light structures, ground vehicles, radar antennas and anti-personnel at 25 m radius are possible targets for the blast fragmentation warhead.
  • 8 km maximum range depending on launch altitude.
The thing is it hits the ground faster and can't loiter compared to mini cruise missiles 160 km is much better than 8 km and its only 50 pounds heavier, about the same weight as a hellfire missile. You don't need a secondary weapons platform in the air to launch it which with a drone you risk being shot down because I was thinking of not just aerial but naval and land based which the mini-cruise missile would be hard to intercept especially if stealth features were implemented onto an already small RCS.

The thing is it hits the ground faster and can't loiter compared to mini cruise missiles 160 km is much better than 8 km and its only 50 pounds heavier, about the same weight as a hellfire missile. You don't need a secondary weapons platform in the air to launch it which with a drone you risk being shot down because I was thinking of not just aerial but naval and land based which the mini-cruise missile would be hard to intercept especially if stealth features were implemented onto an already small RCS.
You might be right if there is a need for armies. Nevertheless neither your favorite with higher speed nor my suggestion is able to avoid CIWS .

I firmly reckon this little cruise missiles can be intercepted low and mid-level air defence systems as RAM, ESSM, Barak, Hawk, Pantsir even MANPADs could overcome.

Additional both have same weighted- warheads( both warheads are 8kg)
Dilemma is useless Speed( 350 km/h) against any MANPADS vs efficiently application of defence bugdet?
Edit:
If you need rapid ambush, at least you need delilah or SOM missiles.

Last edited:
You might be right if there is a need for armies. Nevertheless neither your favorite with higher speed nor my suggestion is able to avoid CIWS .

I firmly reckon this little cruise missiles can be intercepted lowland mid-level air defence systems as RAM, ESSM, Barak, Hawk, Pantsir even MANPADs could overcome.
I reckon it would fly so low its hard to detect as many cruise missiles do today such as Tomahawk in the 30-50 meter altitude. MANPADS could your right but its so small it would be hard to even get it in your crosshair. We aren't talking about as big as a regular cruise missile like the Tomahawk which is 5-6 meters long we are talking about 91 centimeters long about half as long as a human, rocket boosters could make it go faster maybe like mach 1-2 when detected by radar or if a infrared missile is launched towards it which idk if it would work but it would help avoid missiles if it could. A VLS system would be so small it could be launched from virtually every VLS I can think of which could help attack capabilities compare this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylver_Vertical_Launching_System A-35 launcher to the specifications of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Cost_Autonomous_Attack_System and you can see how many would fit onto one ship, maybe 15-30 which is a boatload, just consider it.
Also you mind taking a look at my other post and tell me if pulsejets are a good idea https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pulsejets-for-cruise-missiles.595344/#post-11078921

I reckon it would fly so low its hard to detect as many cruise missiles do today such as Tomahawk in the 30-50 meter altitude. MANPADS could your right but its so small it would be hard to even get it in your crosshair. We aren't talking about as big as a regular cruise missile like the Tomahawk which is 5-6 meters long we are talking about 91 centimeters long about half as long as a human, rocket boosters could make it go faster maybe like mach 1-2 when detected by radar or if a infrared missile is launched towards it which idk if it would work but it would help avoid missiles if it could. A VLS system would be so small it could be launched from virtually every VLS I can think of which could help attack capabilities compare this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylver_Vertical_Launching_System A-35 launcher to the specifications of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Cost_Autonomous_Attack_System and you can see how many would fit onto one ship, maybe 15-30 which is a boatload, just consider it.
You again mentioned the Tomahawk but cruise missiles family is enough wide to find right solution.
For which targets are this mini cruise missiles with 8kg warheads supposed to use?
Who said drones can't fly over the terrain and avoid being intercepted?

You again mentioned the Tomahawk but cruise missiles family is enough wide to find right solution.
For which targets are this mini cruise missiles with 8kg warheads supposed to use?
It could be useful against a variety especially in diving it has 3 different ones Warhead: 7.7 kg (17 lb) multi-mode explosively formed projectile (long rod penetrator, aerostable slug or fragmentation) so can destroy tank or other armored vehicle, Assassination, anti infantry, etc;

It could be useful against a variety especially in diving it has 3 different ones Warhead: 7.7 kg (17 lb) multi-mode explosively formed projectile (long rod penetrator, aerostable slug or fragmentation) so can destroy tank or other armored vehicle, Assassination, anti infantry, etc;
Using dropping smart bombs or ATGMs from drones , you can also hit tanks . This way would be quite cheaper.

But there is a irresistible role of kamikaze drones. Engagement to radars ! I totally agree using drones in this realm.
1280px-IAI_Harop_PAS_2013_01.jpg

They can be intercepted by airdefese which are based on intercepting missiles through blast near warhead instead of those based on kinetic force interceptors which destroys missiles by hitting it

Using dropping smart bombs or ATGMs from drones , you can also hit tanks . This way would be quite cheaper.

But there is a irresistible role of kamikaze drones. Engagement to radars ! I totally agree using drones in this realm.
1280px-IAI_Harop_PAS_2013_01.jpg
You're very right actually but it does need improvement kind of and launching from ships might be difficult as runways are needed to my knowledge and that's why I thought VLS would be good for mini cruise missiles as barrages could be used of 30 from like 1 ship and a whole armored regiment could be taken out. As I said before could you take a look at this thread? I'm thinking about if using the pulsejet like the Nazis did in their V-1 flying bomb could it be effective here is a video of how it worked in real life integrated into a game.
Here is the thread https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pulsejets-for-cruise-missiles.595344/#post-11078921

They can be intercepted by airdefese which are based on intercepting missiles through blast near warhead instead of those based on kinetic force interceptors which destroys missiles by hitting it
Its a small target only about 91 centimeters which is half the size of a 1.8 meter human male think about how hard that would be to detect for air defense systems especially if stealth features were added and if altitude was decreased for harder engagement ranges.

Bro you should check Delilah missile out
İt is also considered as a loitering munition.
it has spesifications Weights just 190kg, lenght 2.7m andand diametr 33cm though it is Totally rapid to destroy.

Bro you should check Delilah missile out
İt is also considered as a loitering munition.
it has spesifications Weights just 190kg, lenght 2.7m andand diametr 33cm though it is Totally rapid to destroy.
I have seen it before yes yet it a lot bigger than what the missile I was talking about, a barrage of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Cost_Autonomous_Attack_System would do good. If 60-90 were launched from 3 ships towards a SAM system like S-400/Patriot it would be hard to intercept them all at the same time just because of sheer numbers and another added benefit of small cruise missiles is the ability to be launched from helicopters such as AH-64,UH-60 and others which would make the helicopters less prone to being destroyed from SAM systems or to soften up SAM systems before going in.

You're very right actually but it does need improvement kind of and launching from ships might be difficult as runways are needed to my knowledge and that's why I thought VLS would be good for mini cruise missiles as barrages could be used of 30 from like 1 ship and a whole armored regiment could be taken out. As I said before could you take a look at this thread? I'm thinking about if using the pulsejet like the Nazis did in their V-1 flying bomb could it be effective here is a video of how it worked in real life integrated into a game.
Here is the thread https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pulsejets-for-cruise-missiles.595344/#post-11078921

Its a small target only about 91 centimeters which is half the size of a 1.8 meter human male think about how hard that would be to detect for air defense systems especially if stealth features were added and if altitude was decreased for harder engagement ranges.
Contemporary air defence systems are able to dedect even birds though drones aren't bigger than those.

Bro Hitlers Germany spent on v1 rockets With todays money 40 billion dollars:)
V1 rockets used liquid fuel which wasnt and now isn't possible to stored fuelled. Liquid fuel has very short lifespan. Before Fuelling V1 and some old soviet rockets you should mix amalgamation . This amalgamation takes long andcomplicated procedure . should be used in very shorttime. Shortly . You can not store your V1 rockets filled. İf you fuelled your rocket you should send it.

On the whole your thoughts inspired me just artillery rockets with GPS guide.

Contemporary air defence systems are able to dedect even birds though drones aren't bigger than those.

Bro Hitlers Germany spent on v1 rockets With todays money 40 billion dollars:)
V1 rockets used liquid fuel which wasnt and now isn't possible to stored fuelled. Liquid fuel has very short lifespan. Before Fuelling V1 and some old soviet rockets you should mix amalgamation . This amalgamation takes long andcomplicated procedure . should be used in very shorttime. Shortly . You can not store your V1 rockets filled. İf you fuelled your rocket you should send it.

On the whole you have
You mean V-2 V-1 is completely different lol. V-1 is a cruise missile and I just like the propulsion and how cheap it is only about 8000 usd in todays money for each V-1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-1_flying_bomb
This is V-2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-2_rocket A ballistic missile.

Last edited:
You mean V-2 V-1 is completely different lol. V-1 is a cruise missile and I just like the propulsion and how cheap it is only about 8000 usd in todays money for each V-1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-1_flying_bomb
Okay you are right but V1 rockets still weight 2ton and have 10 meter lenght which would cause to be detected easily by any cheap air defence systems. Today instead of V1s we have GPS guided artillery rockets.

Regarding low cost autonomous attack system , I would refrain making any comments because I don't know how much cheap they are:)
Using drones with ATGMs and smart munitions sounds better to me.
These low-cost missiles could turn back safely if there weren't any targets?????

Back
Top Bottom