What's new

Is this a reference to Pakistan? - Jawad Zarif during signing of contract with China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Caan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

IMG_20210328_222834.jpg

Lol..who knows though it seems taunt on us clearly....but nothing to say ...after we have halt CpEC..As razaq dawood said we need to stop cepc for one year ...but we have extended this I believe...
China should not pass remarks like this ...

Even if it was targeted on Pakistan, its true. We indeed changed our stance on one call on Afghanistan.
Is work on CPEC still going on? If not then why not?

A bad day for India....

The KSA has made 50 years agreement with China.....

Even the clever Persians have signed 25 years agreement with China....

And, all are related to CPEC, the Chinese flagship geo-strategic project to show her place in the world....

And, both the Arabs and Persians, having complexes against the Paks and Turks for all the Great Muslim Empires the latter built, have to submit to the “Yes or No” at Pak’s discretion.....

Last edited:
Its actually referrers to India. I ll share the proper context later, as I am occupied at the minute.

Not that Pakistan doesn't change stance, in fact back in 2003 entire foreign policy was changed ( Musharaf did on one call from Bush). But this is in-reference to India definitely.

I dont think they were pointing to Pakistan. Most probably india, as india stopped buying oil from iran under american pressure.

I second that. Iran in the presence of chinese foreign minister in all probably is talking about India, the supposed propped up protagonist/competitor to China. Pakistan never had any sort of agreement with Iran, but India did flip flop under US pressure.

*If* we take Waj bro's article at face value then these comments are definitely aimed at Pakistan.

*If* that is indeed the case then this is the single biggest strategic blunder after Ayub Khan's refusal to take advantage of the 62 Indo-China war and the the 98 Kargil Incursion.

Its actually referrers to India. I ll share the proper context later, as I am occupied at the minute.

Not that Pakistan doesn't change stance, in fact back in 2003 entire foreign policy was changed ( Musharaf did on one call from Bush). But this is in-reference to India definitely.
And, what a disservice Pak did to the USA by agreeing to that phone call!! Pak helped the USA to concentrate and be happy with the WOT while China got the opportunity to exert herself in all fields to such an extent that now she’s challenging the USA’s very position in the world.....

Lol..who knows though it seems taunt on us clearly....but nothing to say ...after we have halt CpEC..As razaq dawood said we need to stop cepc for one year ...but we have extended this I believe...
China should not pass remarks like this ...
I dont think they were pointing to Pakistan. Most probably india, as india stopped buying oil from iran under american pressure.
Even if it was targeted on Pakistan, its true. We indeed changed our stance on one call on Afghanistan.
Is work on CPEC still going on? If not then why not?

I second that. Iran in the presence of chinese foreign minister in all probably is talking about India, the supposed propped up protagonist/competitor to China. Pakistan never had any sort of agreement with Iran, but India did flip flop under US pressure.

It referred to India only & it was not said by Chinese but infact Iranian official. The reference was likely to India not taking oil from Iran on pressure from US.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/459283/Iran-and-China-finalize-25-year-comprehensive-partnership

^excerpt from above link:

At the meeting, Wang and Larijani insisted on developing ties based on comprehensive strategic partnership.

Expressing happiness over the finalization of comprehensive partnership and assessing how to advance macro-economic and political ties, the two sides insisted on cementing long-term and strategic ties.

Pointing to Iran’s foreign policy approach, Larijani said, “The Islamic Republic of Iran decides independently about its relationship with countries and it is not like certain countries to change its position with a telephone call” by a foreign country.

Foreign Minister Wang also said, “China’s relationship with Iran will not be affected by conditions of the day and it will be permanent and strategic.”

It referred to India only & it was not said by Chinese but infact Iranian official. The reference was likely to India not taking oil from Iran on pressure from US.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/459283/Iran-and-China-finalize-25-year-comprehensive-partnership

At the meeting, Wang and Larijani insisted on developing ties based on comprehensive strategic partnership.

Expressing happiness over the finalization of comprehensive partnership and assessing how to advance macro-economic and political ties, the two sides insisted on cementing long-term and strategic ties.

Pointing to Iran’s foreign policy approach, Larijani said, “The Islamic Republic of Iran decides independently about its relationship with countries and it is not like certain countries to change its position with a telephone call” by a foreign country.

Foreign Minister Wang also said, “China’s relationship with Iran will not be affected by conditions of the day and it will be permanent and strategic.”

Thank you.

I thought it was China who made that reference.

So this gives us comfort that it's IRan taunting us not china ...I don't know any other country famous for one phone call change in policy...everybody knows it was musharaf famous one phone call...
We all know famous quote by razzaq dawood to put stop on CPEC...we can twist it ..but reality won't change

It was India which signed development agreement with Iran. Then Pompeo threatened Modi on phone and he backtracked.

Also, understand the context here. Mr. Zarif said it in context of China Iran contract on investment. Where does Pakistan come in to play to get a taunt?! Please stop sh*tting on your country all the time.

It could be Pakistan as this is exactly what Musharaf did when he got one call from Washington back in 2001. However I suspect he is goading the Indian's who dumped when the ceased buying Iranian oil after a call from Washington by Pompeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom