What's new

Is there an Chinese equivalence of B1 Lancer

Aegis DDG

Reaction score
Is there an Chinese counter-part to the B1A lancer bomber aircraft developed by the US air force in the 1970s? Is not then is there an project that is comparable to the extant bomber of the US air-force. An upgraded Xian 6 perhaps.

I think upgraded H-6 is their largest bomber in use now, but in future things can change.

I think upgraded H-6 is their largest bomber in use now, but in future things can change.

Imagine is the fuselage of the H-6 was altered to an super-sonic aerodynamic configuration and had avionic upgrades. I could imagine H-6 being an formidable bomber for ground support for the PLA in an local conflict or expeditionary war (without US intervention).

Imagine is the fuselage of the H-6 was altered to an super-sonic aerodynamic configuration and had avionic upgrades. I could imagine H-6 being an formidable bomber for ground support for the PLA in an local conflict or expeditionary war (without US intervention).

With PGM and CJ-10 cruise missile(2300km), i dont think something like B-1 lancer and Tu-22 is very relevant anymore. Which is why China is not keen to buy Tu-22 and continue upgraded Tu-16 into a cruise missile carrier.

H-6K can carry 6x CJ-10 cruser missiles

h6k03.jpg

W020140213410023088883.jpg

Rumor said China was developing stealth bomber plan, but there's no any leaked pic and any official news.

Back
Top Bottom