What's new

Is the Barak 8 SAM a big mistake?

The missile will have a length of about 4.5m, diameter of 0.54m and a wingspan of 0.94m. It can travel at a maximum speed of Mach 2, with an operational range of 70km.

Calm down guys. 2 Mach speed is nonsense. Just like 0.54 m diameter. :) Journos are reposting that nonsense without even thinking a bit.

So what is max speed of Barak 8 then?

So what is max speed of Barak 8 then?
the-most-important-thing-to-do-if-you-find-yourself-in-a-hole-is-to-stop-digging-advice-quote.jpg

052D uses HQ-9B,a much improved variant of HQ-9,while the under-build 055 will use both HQ-9B and HQ-16X,a new MRAAM。:enjoy:

Do you know if the HQ-19 ABM is in service, or still in testing (it has done so since 2003). How about the HQ-26? The HQ-29 is likely to be deployed in the near future, as per research documents.

LOL.

Imagine a Kolkata class destroyer has just picked up a Mach 3 cruise missile heading towards another ship 20km away at 90 degress to it.

How on earth is a Mach 2 missile going to intercept in time as it will run out of time before the Mach 3 cruise missile hits the other ship?

And why would the Kolkata would need to engage that missile when the target ship itself can defend itself??And why would two ships in the same group would sail at a distance of such magnitude??Sorry to say this lungi,but you are just playing with words in order to earn some brownie points.That's very cheap though,but what else could be expected from a Bangladeshi lungi??

Dude - Mach 2 is Mach 2. No amount of "dual pulse motor" is going to allow a Mach 2 missiles fired from a Kolkata destroyer from saving another ship at 20km distance from a sea-skimming Mach 3 cruise missile that pops out from over the horizon.

I want to honestly know the reasons for this purchase - not having a dig at the Indians.

Even you know you are lying through your arse,so don't even try to pretend that you are innocent,cause no one here is buying that crap.

LOL - The HQ-9 won the Turkish SAM competition back in 2013. It is one of the best long-range SAMs in the world.

The version that China has is even better than the one that Turkey was offered.

Anyway this is off-topic. Let us get back to Barak 8.

The HQ-9 is nothing other than a engineered copy of the Soviet S 300PMU2,which by the way was tested and summarily rejected by the Indian Air Force,way back in the early 90s.Your mighty S 300,errr....HQ-9 does not even have its own seeker and neither has got a decent lateral acceleration,so against a modern inbound supersonic AShM,they will be as good as nothing.

I would like to know if the Barak 8 ER will require a different VLS module for a bigger diameter. If so, does that mean Matri will be abile to fit the VLS module of a standard Barak 8? Those are the quesitons, we'll have to wait and see. One thing is for certian, the current Kolkatta destroyer does not have have Barak 8 ER.

As per all the available info about Barak 8ER,the diameter will remain the same.The range will be increased by addition of a booster.

Some Indians cannot accept that the Chinese have now produced a world-class long-range SAM and so have to resort to call it the S-300.

At least you got the bold part right,if nothing else.They PRODUCED it,and didn't DEVELOP.And just because a cheerleader lungi has his panties on fire for this thing,doesn't change the reality that HQ-9 is in fact a copy of the S 300PMU2,albeit with better electronics and radars compared to the original version.And it's ok for engaging high altitude bombers and tactical bms,but against sea skimming super sonic AShMs - not so good due to its poor lateral acceleration.

The falling squadron numbers is a matter of concern, I wanted the deal to go through. We need to add 60 aircrafts each year, both frontline and second tier of defense, to have a powerful Air force. The shit is real in our neighborhood. We can't afford to go Brazil's way.

Dude!!You are missing the point here.The license production part of the deal is off,not the whole deal.In fact it is the best thing that could happen because now IAF will get the planes at a much faster rate,with better better quality control and a reduced cost per system!!license production clause was a bummer from the very beginning,since no country has ever become self reliant in any field by merely assembling a product under license.Just remember,how many different fighters (and tanks) we have assembled through out the years,but has it made us self reliant in the field of aeronautics??The answer is a big NO.So there is no point in expecting this particular deal to have brought us result any different than the previous ones.
And moreover,it will free up the HAL facilities which would have been used to manufacture those Rafales (most likely at a snails' pace if I may add) and the same facility could be used to manufacture LCAs,which will again speed up the entire process of fleet modernization .

PS- Dude,no disrespect to you,but it would be better and much appreciated if you could lower your insults to the PKS,he's doing a noble job of making us familiar to the matters previously unknown to us common folk,and remember,he has got noself interest in this thing because he's not even a journo or a wanna be expert;he's a military enthusiast by his own accounts.And he's been doing this far better compared to the likes of that fucking sell-out Mr Shukla or that five year old douche-bag on steroid Shiv Aroor.
Granted,he is somewhat delusional when he gets all worked up by the concept of Aliens and shit but other than that,his predictions mostly come to be true,at least that's what I have found out over the years.Like he was the first who had mentioned that the operational A5's weight would be about 24 tons,which was later confirmed by Tessy Thomas,he was the one who had predicted that an Astra based QRSAm could well make Maitri redundant,and now it is coming to be true.But biggest point in favor of him would be that he had been saying this cancellation of Rafale license manufacture from the past couple of years,and now that too turned out to be true!!So please,do criticize him for his limitations and the weird alien mambo jumbo nonsense ,but please make sure you are not doing it just for the sake of it or because his ideas and perceptions doesn't match yours.Peace.

Did some investigation, weather true or not, The Kolkatta have 32 Baraks fitted below decks that are loaded internally to VLS launch module. This would explain the empty deck space. So in all thats 64 Barak 8 missiles.

Ok,but how they gonna take out the spent canisters at the first place??I mean you need to first take out the spent ones,in order to slide the reloads into its place,so how they gonna do that??There is no craines on-board.And besides,don't you think it would make more sense to put the rest in ready to fire VLS modules,instead of this supposed below deck reloads,which even if possible,is far more complex of a system which would be prone to mechanical failures and also cumbersome to use in high sea states??In my personal opinion,(it doesn't count for shit,I know that already) the empty space is kept for future upgrades,possibly Nirbhay sub sonic LACMs or longer range SAMs/anti BM missiles or both.

Fateh ki baat kia hain bhai tune. :D
By the way dude,you on fb??

PS- Dude,no disrespect to you,but it would be better and much appreciated if you could lower your insults to the PKS,he's doing a noble job of making us familiar to the matters previously unknown to us common folk,and remember,he has got noself interest in this thing because he's not even a journo or a wanna be expert;he's a military enthusiast by his own accounts?
I realized his most of prediction was true. He is genius.

But sometimes, you feel too, when a this capable man suggest you to watch ancient aliens ( and I watched 6 seasons), then what you feel?

BTW, which handle you use on PKS blog?

errr... a good question! I am sure as we speak Gambit is working his arse off furiously copying 2-page Power Point in his auntie's basement claiming that speed is not important...

oh wait, perhaps the designers themsevels of Barak 8 in Israel might have already wanted to improve their inferior design as we came into the 21st century... that's, after all, the question for the years to come indeed. :cheesy:

Where he said speed is not important?

I dare you, i double dare you.

So Indians themselves are not sure of the missile parameters, but they agree it can shoot down anything. From Spy Pigeons to Star Wars motherships.

Okay.

errr... a good question! I am sure as we speak Gambit is working his arse off furiously copying 2-page Power Point in his auntie's basement claiming that speed is not important...

oh wait, perhaps the designers themsevels of Barak 8 in Israel might have already wanted to improve their inferior design as we came into the 21st century... that's, after all, the question for the years to come indeed. :cheesy: meanwhile waiting to be fitted in the distant future, the Indians here can look at their half empty "stealth" hull and brag themselves silly.

Was it not funny seeing how upset the Indians got when I raised a legitimate query if the Barak 8 was equipped to be able to provide fleet defence?:lol:

The Jews are obviously taking the Indians for a ride, provided the Barak 8 was advertised as good for fleet defence, and Indians should be seriously considering what they are spending their money on rather than shooting the messenger.

Ok,but how they gonna take out the spent canisters at the first place??I mean you need to first take out the spent ones,in order to slide the reloads into its place,so how they gonna do that??There is no craines on-board.And besides,don't you think it would make more sense to put the rest in ready to fire VLS modules,instead of this supposed below deck reloads,which even if possible,is far more complex of a system which would be prone to mechanical failures and also cumbersome to use in high sea states??In my personal opinion,(it doesn't count for shit,I know that already) the empty space is kept for future upgrades,possibly Nirbhay sub sonic LACMs or longer range SAMs/anti BM missiles or both.
Makes sense. Thats what I couldn't figure out ethier. But it would be cheaper than complete VLS module since they are expenisve expecially for hot launch since they are made of expensive materials.
We will have to wait and find out. If the Kolkatta replaces the empty deck space with more modules, then we know for sure, if they don't then we know there is something underneath it.
Remember the Soviets on their cruisers had a similar system so they can hold more missiles and more importantly reduce costs.

I realized his most of prediction was true. He is genius.
Same here.

But sometimes, you feel too, when a this capable man suggest you to watch ancient aliens ( and I watched 6 seasons), then what you feel?
Like I said in this very thread that his obsession with aliens and shit is batshit crazy but other than that,he's much better at what he does compared to those other two nincompoops.And in anyway,there is zillion times greater possibility of the existence of multiple extraterrestrial civilizations (or at least life forms) than is the existence of some imaginary 'omnipotent,omniscient,omnibenevolent and omni everything' god that so many people believe and are ready to kill for!!Isn't it??

BTW, which handle you use on PKS blog?
It has been quite a few months I last commented there in Trishul,I used the handle Anurag.

Makes sense. Thats what I couldn't figure out ethier. But it would be cheaper than complete VLS module since they are expenisve expecially for hot launch since they are made of expensive materials.
We will have to wait and find out. If the Kolkatta replaces the empty deck space with more modules, then we know for sure, if they don't then we know there is something underneath it.
Remember the Soviets on their cruisers had a similar system so they can hold more missiles and more importantly reduce costs.
You mean the revolver type launchers??But that assembly mechanism was different compared to what the IN has.

Was it not funny seeing how upset the Indians got when I raised a legitimate query if the Barak 8 was equipped to be able to provide fleet defence?:lol:

The Jews are obviously taking the Indians for a ride, provided the Barak 8 was advertised as good for fleet defence, and Indians should be seriously considering what they are spending their money on rather than shooting the messenger.

Let me ask you one thing lungiman,where is the proof that Barak 8's maximum speed is Mach 2??You opened a thread based on some hearsay and you expect people to take you seriously??Let me ask you another thing- what do you actually do there in UK??Oh wait,don't answer that,cause we already know that!!you work in some sorry *** sweat shop or shovel shit may be,that's the best you can get judging by the fact that you are suffering from terminal stupidity and your apparently galactic level of comprehension disability.

And why do you ask a question when you are simply not ready to accept the logical answers at the first place??No matter how much reasons one may bring forward to you,you just refuse to accept them and continue with your unintelligible gibberish,that's the biggest problem with your religious fundamentalist type,it's not just limited to you but I find that it's spread across the board.

Let me ask you one thing lungiman,where is the proof that Barak 8's maximum speed is Mach 2??You opened a thread based on some hearsay and you expect people to take you seriously??Let me ask you another thing- what do you actually do there in UK??Oh wait,don't answer that,cause we already know that!!you work in some sorry *** sweat shop or shovel shit may be,that's the best you can get judging by the fact that you are suffering from terminal stupidity and your apparently galactic level of comprehension disability.

And why do you ask a question when you are simply not ready to accept the logical answers at the first place??No matter how much reasons one may bring forward to you,you just refuse to accept them and continue with your unintelligible gibberish,that's the biggest problem with your religious fundamentalist type,it's not just limited to you but I find that it's spread across the board.

Nice to see you back after your ban.:lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom