What's new

Is PDF helping bring people of Pakistan and India Closer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The assault of our enemies is not part of our life; it is only part of our experience; we throw it off and guard ourselves against it as against frost, storm, rain, hail, or any other of the external evils which may be expected to happen.

I would say it has initiated a dialogue on political affairs and matters but it has not actually brought us closer. It has increased interaction between people from the two nations but those who live abroad usually do have interaction with Indians anyway.

It depends on how the person sees the site. A person can come here for different purposes, one to bash the other country another to learn something, another to improve his debating skills. I believe a lot of people come here for debate so there is an increase in interaction between people of the two nations and topics generally avoided are brought up which sometimes result in comparisons and attacks on one another.

I personally see the site as a place for Pakistanis to find a solution to their complex multifaceted problems. Due to this sometimes certain Indians simply become a nuisance and divert the debate even though I have nothing against them. Also trying to forget my links to Lucknow is harder with an Indian section around.

I would say the forum has increased interaction and even debate on sensitive topics generally not discussed amongst ordinary Pakistanis and Indians but I don't really think it has resulted in friendships being developed between the people from two nations, instead highlighted the vast differences in what we believe.

Forum by defination is A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Pak Defence forum : where ideas and views on a particular issues mainly related to defence developments of pakistan and adjoining areas can be discussed. Although in my experience, we have discussed history, geography, tandori chicken, thanksgiving turkey, hunter beef, Suv's, motorcycles, guitars, music, movies, television, photography etc....

So it's a good place for having discussion in alrround topics, which leads to in most cases members respecting the views and learning from other nationalities. This helps in dispelling preconceived notions about certain nationalities (if any).

So I believe the forum gives us an opportunity to learn about especially defense related news, implications and interpretations in the region of pakistan and adjoining geography. General military related events around the world along with social and cultural aspects of the nations represented by the members here. The best part about the discourse is the participants are well educated hence public sentiments which usually has large amount of un-educated gullible masses is negated to an extent in the process.

But after joining PDF I have come to know the real Indianity of these people and now I can confirm I hate Indians.

I do not believe we need to hate them to prove our Pakistanism. We suffered quite a lot during partition when my grandfather moved and a lot of innocent people were killed. But hate is a strong word. We should not hate them.

Also this isn't PDF's fault. This site was built for debate and often that debate is about inconvenient or things a person would like to avoid. Indians refuse to take responsibility for anything today but we are the same too. There used to be threads on maltreatment of Hindus in Pakistan or Christians months ago. We used to begin comparing with India instead of fixing the issue.

In real life and in Canada they aren't like that generally. Some of them have a habit of constantly bringing up things like Balochistan or talking about Hindu-Muslim all the time but people just avoid them as RSS terrorists or crazy people. In short meeting someone in reality and on a forum is far different.

I would believe that from your personal experience on this forum it has strengthened negative impressions of Indians in your mind.

Here's my experience. PDF resulted in a drastic change of perceptions for me. From moderate ignorance on Pakistan, i shifted to strong dislike. When it comes to China though, it changed from moderate dislike to strong affinity towards the Chinese culture and people.

Its been almost two years since i have joined this forum, not once have I had a sane or remotely pleasant conversation with any Pakistani member.....( the sole exceptions being Oscar, and Antibody ). I also find it rather strange that Pakistanis tend to consider all Indians as "Hindus"....even when they explicitly state that they are not. Any non-hindu expressing patriotic feelings are of-course "trying too hard to fit in" :hitwall:

Before joining PDF I had no interaction with Indian people to this extent, I will occasionally meet some indian and say hi hello and thats about it. Although I didnt like Indians but did not hate them either. But after joining PDF I have come to know the real Indianity of these people and now I can confirm I hate Indians. what do other PDFers think about it? both Indian and Pakistani

is this bringing us closer or further dividing us

Ohh congratulations, feelings are mutual mate :) Although I don't think any Indians hate anyone because of their nationality

As if we care what you think.....

As if we care whether you care or not. :)

Ḥashshāshīn;3841613 said:
:rofl:

There's about 50 Indian members here. 50 out of 1.2 billion. Very close. :cheesy:

Are bhai we are representatives of our respective provinces/states :P So we represent Indian masses :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom