What's new

Is Obama 'listening' to India's Modi?

favabeans

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
China
BBC News - Altered Images: Is Obama 'listening' to India's Modi?

7 February 2014 Last updated at 11:40 ET
_68702620_110923905(1).jpg
Altered Images Questioning whether cameras never lie
_72829810_obama_modi_morphed_360x270.jpg
The doctored image was shared by an Indian politician who did not seem to realise it was fake
Indian media are discussing a doctored photo of US President Barack Obama apparently listening to a speech by Indian politician Narendra Modi.

It isn't clear who doctored the image of the leader of India's main opposition, the Bharatiya Janata Party, but the fake photograph went viral across Indian social networks in the last week.

Commentators on Twitter say the photo caption, "Even Obama listens to the speech of [Narendra Modi] NaMo," suggests it was released by a Modi "bhakt" - or ardent supporter - who was trying to imply the US president is following Modi's campaign to be India's next prime minister.

The image has been widely circulated, with another politician, CR Paatil, saying he thought the image was genuine when he shared it on Facebook.

It's not clear which speech the image of Modi came from, but Indian news outlets, including the network NDTV and news magazine India Today, note the original photo was taken on 28 January 2011, and shows Obama listening to a speech by former Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak days before he was forced out of power.

_72828101_5434073247_f2aa81e123_b.jpg
In the original image, Obama watches Mubarak's speech from a room at the White House
With a general election approaching in May, such altered images and unverified statements are becoming more common. Last week, some Indian news outlets and social media users were taken in by a tweet, apparently from the daughter of Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, endorsing Modi as India's next prime minister.

Eventually, Tendulkar himself had to set the record straight on Facebook, saying neither of his children, Sara nor Arjun, had Twitter accounts. But there are many fake accounts in both their names.

_72831569_a3959224-7b25-468b-be5e-77831fb8b96f.jpg

Use #NewsfromElsewhere to stay up-to-date with our reports via Twitter.

Recently i saw couple of images, where YS Jagan was with Obama and article under it says, Jagan is requesting Obama to pressure Indian Government and stop telangana formation.

BBC News - Altered Images: Is Obama 'listening' to India's Modi?

7 February 2014 Last updated at 11:40 ET
_68702620_110923905(1).jpg
Altered Images Questioning whether cameras never lie
_72829810_obama_modi_morphed_360x270.jpg
The doctored image was shared by an Indian politician who did not seem to realise it was fake
Indian media are discussing a doctored photo of US President Barack Obama apparently listening to a speech by Indian politician Narendra Modi.

It isn't clear who doctored the image of the leader of India's main opposition, the Bharatiya Janata Party, but the fake photograph went viral across Indian social networks in the last week.

Commentators on Twitter say the photo caption, "Even Obama listens to the speech of [Narendra Modi] NaMo," suggests it was released by a Modi "bhakt" - or ardent supporter - who was trying to imply the US president is following Modi's campaign to be India's next prime minister.

The image has been widely circulated, with another politician, CR Paatil, saying he thought the image was genuine when he shared it on Facebook.

It's not clear which speech the image of Modi came from, but Indian news outlets, including the network NDTV and news magazine India Today, note the original photo was taken on 28 January 2011, and shows Obama listening to a speech by former Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak days before he was forced out of power.

_72828101_5434073247_f2aa81e123_b.jpg
In the original image, Obama watches Mubarak's speech from a room at the White House
With a general election approaching in May, such altered images and unverified statements are becoming more common. Last week, some Indian news outlets and social media users were taken in by a tweet, apparently from the daughter of Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, endorsing Modi as India's next prime minister.

Eventually, Tendulkar himself had to set the record straight on Facebook, saying neither of his children, Sara nor Arjun, had Twitter accounts. But there are many fake accounts in both their names.

_72831569_a3959224-7b25-468b-be5e-77831fb8b96f.jpg

Use #NewsfromElsewhere to stay up-to-date with our reports via Twitter.
It was obvious it was pretty funny trolling. Previously a similar pic came up with Taher Shah on the picture and a guy breaking the screen etc etc. This will keep happening. I had a laugh. Moved on. :coffee: :D :D

@jbgt90 - True, it's darned embarrassing for me :D What can I say, there are a few brainless Modi bhakts in our country. :ashamed: At least. :tup:

Last edited:
BBC?????? Seriously???

BUT one day......Obama will HAVE to listen to MODI....Insha Allah :partay:

It was obvious it was pretty funny trolling. Previously a similar pic came up with Taher Shah on the picture and a guy breaking the screen etc etc. This will keep happening. I had a laugh. Move on. :coffee: :D :D

@jbgt90 - True, it's darned embarrassing for me :D What can I say, there are a few brainless Modi bhakts in our country. :ashamed: At least. :tup:
A lot of them are on this very forum:)

Back
Top Bottom