What's new

Is Nepal a South Asian Mongoloid nation ? are the people not Mongoloid ?

Little bit late on the topic but there seem to be a lot of confusion here on what makes up the Nepali population. There are two types of people living in Nepal. Indo-Aryans who migrated from the south and west make up about 30% of the population (although Chettri caste has a heavy Tibeto-Burman mix), and Tibeto-Burmans (mongoloid) from north and east make up the rest. But the population is not mixed at all. Even the Indo-aryans marry within their own caste and Tibeto-Burmans within their own tribe and in a sense kept their "pure" blood. But of course you get love marriages everywhere. All Tibeto-Burmans tribes have their own distinctive languages but Nepali is the lingua franca and majority of the population speak Nepali as their mother tongue. But we are all Nepali. And No, not all Nepalis look like this, like some pointed out.

TvyamNb-BivtNwcoxtkc5xGBuGkIMh_nj4UJHQKup0Zb9tgHvaTfWB9R1rjHTdWehsjK7KJBEfBd

Nepal-2010-_MG_2524.jpg

These are Newari people, original inhabitants and natives of the Kathmandu valley. They are a mix of Indo-Aryans and tibeto-burman mix. They produce some of the hottest girls in Nepal but they only make up 5% of the population. They can look from pure Indo-aryan to pure mongoloid but most look mixed.
2013-04-21+16.45.36.jpg

Newari-Girls+%25285%2529.jpg

jharana-bajracharya.jpg

302987_10150827979595437_743955436_20920979_1610271270_n.jpg

Shristi-Shrestha-10.jpg

These are Indo Aryans Girls.

Brahmin Girls, pure Indo-aryan girls. If you are a Brahmin and marry outside your caste, then you get demoted to Chettri or Dalits. They make about 12% of the population and they produce hot girls. They are found all over Nepal.
manisha-koirala.jpg

indira_joshi_45721607.jpg
Hot+and+sexy+Nepali+girl+Sumina+Ghimire.jpg

Chettri Girls. In a sense, they are true product of Nepal because they are Indo-aryan and tibeto-burman mix but they are regarded as more Indo-aryan and follow Indo-aryan culture. The chettris/khas of western Nepal is pure Indo-aryans but chettris found in other parts vary from Indo-aryans to mixed or some even look mongoloid.They are found all over Nepal and yes, they are hot too. They make up 15% of the population.

2621770.jpg

1004857_617215471686659_6664397597281786377_n.jpg
Grishma-Basnet-.jpg
main.php
Sagarika-Chhetri-1.jpg

Not to mention Indian Hockey (Bharat Chettri) and Football captains (Sunil Chettri) who both hail from this caste.
Sunil-Chhetri.jpg
Bharat_Chetri_captain_of_Indian_hockey_team.jpg

These are Tibeto-Burman Tribes and make up about 70% of the population but each tribes is different culturally and linguistically. They also don't fall under the Hindu caste system. These Tibeto-Burmans also make up 90% of the Indian and British Gurkhas regiments. Yes, they are hot too.

Magar Girls. Found all over Nepal but mainly in west-central Nepal. Thier original Homeland. Magars has contributed the most amount of Gurkhas soldiers.
312817_204317442965829_931756_n.jpg

ACF653.JPG

2009_Richa_Thapa_Magar3.png
hot+nepali+model.jpg

Kirati Girls. Kirati is a federation of many different tribes of eastern Nepal like Rai, Limbu, Sunuwar, Dhimal etc. They are only found in eastern Nepal and India like darjeeling and sikkim. Yes, their girls are hot too.
Miss_Rai_2012_group.jpg
Gurkhas.jpg
THT8A336C71_Shakela2.jpg
1+Puja+Limbu+%2540+cybersansar.co.nr++++%25284%2529.jpg
anjana-dhimal+%25285%2529.jpg

Gurung Girls. Found all over the country but mainly in west-central Nepal. After Magars, they also have contributed heavily to the Gurkhas. Hot girls.
DSC_0209.JPG
beauty_with_purpose_miss_uk_nepal_nepali_tradiional_dress_event.jpg
Anisa-Gurung-Ramri-Alert-2.jpg
cecilia4_1024.jpg
Jyoti_gurung_4rth.JPG

Tamang Girls. Closely related to the Gurungs. Found around the area surrounding Kathmandu valley but also in eastern Nepal. Hot girls.
tbb_1079.jpg

faces_of_the_week11_734.JPG
images

1454642_544786372272076_825258905_n.jpg

I have left out many other caste and tribes. Maybe some other time but hope this explains the basic makeup of Nepali population.

Nepal of today is a multi ethnic country (All multi-ethnic countries are bound to have incidents involving ethnic tension). Kirats themselves were not the original Nepalese mr Dilip Rai ;). It was the Newars.

Rai, Limbu, Gurung, maghars were Tibetan migrants. My people on the other hand were north Indians from Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Akhand, and Jamu. TOGETHER, with Newars we formed the modern day Nepal.

Some cecnturies later, Biharis and UPites decide to migrate to Nepal. You cant form your opinions based on what is being said in nationalist facebook pages.

My brother, I am afraid i don't agree with you. How can you claim only Newars to be original Nepali when they only inhabit the kathmandu valley. What about the rest of the country? Every race came from somewhere because no one just springs up like mushrooms but the Magar people were the first to Inhabit their present land and same with Khas people further west from them. Not every Tibeto-Burmans are kiratis. Only the eastern tribes like Rai, limbu, Sunuwars and other associates themselves with ancient kiratis. I don't care what that fucking lunatic Dilip Rai says but not all mongoloids you see in Nepal were ancient Kiratis. even the kirati themselves haven't got concrete evidence to prove it. Some tribes like Sherpas, Gurungs and tamangs were late comers to Nepal. But we are all Nepali now, even the Madhesi. I don't believe in this, we are native and you are not bullshit.

And also which caste are you referring to by saying my people? Bahun or Chettri? And for your reference, Newars were never part of the original Gorkha army. They got invaded, so you can't have formed modern day Nepal together.

Why are there so many Nepali refugees in the US??What happened in Nepal??

Very late reply but most of the refugees are Bhutanese of Nepalese origin. In the 1980s, the royal government of Bhutan under King Jigme Singye Wangchuk attempted to clamp down on minority cultures and languages. When the Nepali speakers protested, they were driven out of Bhutan into exile in India. Despite first setting foot on India, the refugees were pushed out of that country into Nepal. Once again, politics at the helm. the Indian government sees Bhutan as its all weather friend and thus, the problem was passed on to Nepal.

After almost 2 decades, the refugees (numbering around 100,000) were repatriated to countries in the West. The US absorbed upwards of 60,000. Thus, they're refugees from Bhutan but are culturally/linguistically/ethnically very close to the Nepalis.

My brother, I am afraid i don't agree with you. How can you claim only Newars to be original Nepali when they only inhabit the kathmandu valley. What about the rest of the country? Every race came from somewhere because no one just springs up like mushrooms but the Magar people were the first to Inhabit their present land and same with Khas people further west from them. Not every Tibeto-Burmans are kiratis. Only the eastern tribes like Rai, limbu, Sunuwars and other associates themselves with ancient kiratis. I don't care what that fucking lunatic Dilip Rai says but not all mongoloids you see in Nepal were ancient Kiratis. even the kirati themselves haven't got concrete evidence to prove it. Some tribes like Sherpas, Gurungs and tamangs were late comers to Nepal. But we are all Nepali now, even the Madhesi. I don't believe in this, we are native and you are not bullshit.

And also which caste are you referring to by saying my people? Bahun or Chettri? And for your reference, Newars were never part of the original Gorkha army. They got invaded, so you can't have formed modern day Nepal together.

It's sad that race/identity politics has picked up in Nepal after 2008. The social fabric of the country is being realigned and I wonder if it is for the better. I hope we do not go down the path of other multiethnic states. We're too poor and unstable to experience any of that. :/

After almost 2 decades, the refugees (numbering around 100,000) were repatriated to countries in the West. The US absorbed upwards of 60,000. Thus, they're refugees from Bhutan but are culturally/linguistically/ethnically very close to the Nepalis.

They are not just close to Nepali but they are Nepali. The way the Nepali government treated them was absolutely deplorable. They were caged in like wild animals for decades with terrible sanitation and no hope, when we have a open border with India. Why couldn't they go out and find employment or better themselves if they pleased? Sickening and embarrassing I tell you but in hindsight, these people got a better deal because they are in western countries where they will be accepted like human beings.

It's sad that race/identity politics has picked up in Nepal after 2008. The social fabric of the country is being realigned and I wonder if it is for the better. I hope we do not go down the path of other multiethnic states. We're too poor and unstable to experience any of that. :/

I agree with you brother but this has been brewing for a while now and I put it down to Nepal politics being dominated by only one group. 99% of the government officials are Bahauns and Chettris. For a ethnically diverse country like Nepal, don't you think it's hugely unbalanced? Now I am not saying only Bahauns and Chettris are corrupt because any other ethnic group who manages to get in are also corrupt leeches and also vast majority of Bahuns/chettri people are poor and suffering like the rest. But these corrupt officials are giving Bahun/Chettris a bad name and this domination of politics gives other ethnics groups the impression that Bahuns/chettris are the ones to blame for the country's downfall, and this also gives excuses to other ethnic hardliners, who are demanding separate homeland.

I couldn't care less if they were all 100% Bahuns/Chettris or if any other ethnic group dominated the government, if they delivered and made Nepal prosperous, but they are all incompetent imbeciles and Nepal is almost a failed state. So if there was equal representation from all ethnics groups, then we could all suffer together without laying blames to only Bahuns/Chettris.

Federalism will never work in Nepal because the diaspora of the different ethnic groups are all over the country and there will have to be vast migration of population like we saw during India/Pakistan separation. There has never been ethnic violence in Nepal and I want to keep it that way. So you are right when you say we are too poor and unstable to experience any of that.

They are not just close to Nepali but they are Nepali. The way the Nepali government treated them was absolutely deplorable. They were caged in like wild animals for decades with terrible sanitation and no hope, when we have a open border with India. Why couldn't they go out and find employment or better themselves if they pleased? Sickening and embarrassing I tell you but in hindsight, these people got a better deal because they are in western countries where they will be accepted like human beings.

I agree with you brother but this has been brewing for a while now and I put it down to Nepal politics being dominated by only one group. 99% of the government officials are Bahauns and Chettris. For a ethnically diverse country like Nepal, don't you think it's hugely unbalanced? Now I am not saying only Bahauns and Chettris are corrupt because any other ethnic group who manages to get in are also corrupt leeches and also vast majority of Bahuns/chettri people are poor and suffering like the rest. But these corrupt officials are giving Bahun/Chettris a bad name and this domination of politics gives other ethnics groups the impression that Bahuns/chettris are the ones to blame for the country's downfall, and this also gives excuses to other ethnic hardliners, who are demanding separate homeland.

I couldn't care less if they were all 100% Bahuns/Chettris or if any other ethnic group dominated the government, if they delivered and made Nepal prosperous, but they are all incompetent imbeciles and Nepal is almost a failed state. So if there was equal representation from all ethnics groups, then we could all suffer together without laying blames to only Bahuns/Chettris.

Federalism will never work in Nepal because the diaspora of the different ethnic groups are all over the country and there will have to be vast migration of population like we saw during India/Pakistan separation. There has never been ethnic violence in Nepal and I want to keep it that way. So you are right when you say we are too poor and unstable to experience any of that.

I think it has more to do with the development of a specific type of political culture in Nepal that is laden with impunity. The government officials are not held accountable and thus, they are free to go on a splurging spree, earning millions of dollars (read DOLLARS, not Nepali Rupees) while the rest of the Nepalese population starves. True, power has always wrested in a few ethnicities (Brahmin, Chettri, Newar) but reconfiguring a counter with 100+ ethnicities is a daunting task! I particular fear the establishment of ethnicity based provinces because we are a mosaic. There is no dominant ethnic group and our peoples have mingled so much that it would be impossible to have clearly demarcated provinces. I hope our 'sansads' make a sensible decision and keep in mind the economic viability of the states. Given the manner in which the Nepalese political system operates, I fear chaos in the new republic. The political elite lacks long-term policies and the patronage politics needs to go if Nepal is to advance into the modern era. I remain hopeful for a 'naya' Nepal but only time will tell. :/

they are more mongoloid, along with the other northeastern states i think

Look at the end of the day, Nepalese people identify with their nationality over racial affinity towards northern Indians on Chinese or Tibetians.
I keep saying this over and over again... culturally and socially I feel closer to a rai, limbu or newar than I would with an Indian or other south asian (as would any true Nepali infact).

Ofcourse Newari people played a huge role in creating the identity of the canountry man. KTM is essencially theirs. Every from from Arts, and science that our country has produces since has come from the valley. I was merely stating that the modern day Nepali culture is deeply in indebted to Niwari people. And I say this as a non Newari btw.

There are two kinds of people in Nepal-Nepalese and Nepali,just simply look at their eyes you can tell out who is who.

There are two kinds of people in Nepal-Nepalese and Nepali,just simply look at their eyes you can tell out who is who.

Who looks more East Asian in phenotype? The Nepali or Nepalese?

Not just the eyes, you can also see the difference on facial phenotype as in the form of jawline, and the skin tone. I will concede that there are some people from Nepal that can be easily mistaken for Chinese, Korean or Japanese. Its when they start talking you can tell they're culturally South Asian. :)

Who looks more East Asian in phenotype? The Nepali or Nepalese?

Not just the eyes, you can also see the difference on facial phenotype as in the form of jawline, and the skin tone. I will concede that there are some people from Nepal that can be easily mistaken for Chinese, Korean or Japanese. Its when they start talking you can tell they're culturally South Asian. :)
You can see too many Indian looked like people at China-Nepal border and when you travel deeper into the south you will find too many people are Chinese looked like,too weird.
Of course those one Chinese looked like prefer to call themselves Nepalese while the other Indian looked like call themselves Nepali.

You can see too many Indian looked like people at China-Nepal border and when you travel deeper into the south you will find too many people are Chinese looked like,too weird.
Of course those one Chinese looked like prefer to call themselves Nepalese while the other Indian looked like call themselves Nepali.

I see. Thanks for that clarification.

An example of beautiful Nepalese women with very strong East Asian appearance. Gorgeous aren't they? :)

img_4144.jpg

Back
Top Bottom