What's new

Is Indonesia safe?

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I might end up in august in Indonesia for 6 days when our Airline does a promotional tour.

We would be in Medan, Jogjakarta and Makassar.

Can anyone tell me how it is there? Would be happy for an answer.

Thank you

I might end up in august in Indonesia for 6 days when our Airline does a promotional tour.

We would be in Medan, Jogjakarta and Makassar.

Can anyone tell me how it is there? Would be happy for an answer.

Thank you
You wont be safe in Medan,i have friends there and they will get you.:butcher:

I wouldn't go if i were you

There is a new party called forza indonesia its against greasy Italians coming to their country, it might be dangerous o_O

Nah,Pencak Silat(Indonesian Martial arts) style,i guess raw.
Well let him go... Far righters are all "Tough" in their own country.. we will see there... :)
GL Aurelius, but one thing, A pizza as a gift is always welcome :)

Well let him go... Far righters are all "Tough" in their own country.. we will see there... :)
Indonesian quisine is so big and fantastic,a pizza would be an insult.;)
He could bring the tower of Pisa thou.

I honestly dont know why you think that way. I´m a very calm and friendly person.

Countries i visited:

Germany
Switzerland
Greece
Croatia
France
Spain
Portugal
(Vatican lol)
Austria
Mauritius
Madagascar
Seychelles
Turkey
Tunisia
Egypt
USA
Chile

And never ever had i any problems and always found new friends quickly. Indonesia is a white card for me. I dont know much about it. Thats why i ask. There is no reason to mock me.

I´m mostly interested in other countries wildlife. Animals and Plants for example. I love to do sports, hiking and so on. So i dont know if that is possible there or better stay in our group.

I honestly dont know why you think that way. I´m a very calm and friendly person.

Countries i visited:

Germany
Switzerland
Greece
Croatia
France
Spain
Portugal
(Vatican lol)
Austria
Mauritius
Madagascar
Seychelles
Turkey
Tunisia
Egypt
USA
Chile

And never ever had i any problems and always found new friends quickly. Indonesia is a white card for me. I dont know much about it. Thats why i ask. There is no reason to mock me.

I´m mostly interested in other countries wildlife. Animals and Plants for example. I love to do sports, hiking and so on. So i dont know if that is possible there or better stay in our group.

YOur post about this "country" is already based on " is safe for me" therefore biased.
It's like if I ask, if Italy is safe, even tho' she has volcanos and mafia.
Every country has their good and bad.

So you could have asked, Where are the good places? The good view? the old cities? what should I can't do and so on... and not jumping on "safeness"
Anyway travel safe.

ps: if it wasn't safe, you embassy or travel booker or whatever would have said so.

Countries i visited:

Germany
Switzerland
Greece
Croatia
France
Spain
Portugal
(Vatican lol)
Austria
Mauritius
Madagascar
Seychelles
Turkey
Tunisia
Egypt
USA
Chile

:close_tema:

Not a fan of the cold weather countries? Can't say I blame you. It's been damn cold 'round where I live.

The snow's piled higher then I am tall.

FIH_2825.t58b538dc.m2400.xbb101527.jpg

But yeah, Indonesia is safe. I've spend a cumulative total of about 1 1/2 months in country for business stuff. Never had any issues at all apart from some language barrier issues. Minor inconvenience.

YOur post about this "country" is already based on " is safe for me" therefore biased.
It's like if I ask, if Italy is safe, even tho' she has volcanos and mafia.
Every country has their good and bad.

So you could have asked, Where are the good places? The good view? the old cities? what should I can't do and so on... and not jumping on "safeness"
Anyway travel safe.

ps: if it wasn't safe, you embassy or travel booker or whatever would have said so.

Its not what i meant...

What i mean is, is it ok to walk there around, explore nature and stuff. Dont get me wrong.

Madagascar for example is also awesome but i would not walk alone there around.

Not a fan of the cold weather countries? Can't say I blame you. It's been damn cold 'round where I live.

I was in Chile and we went down to Patagonia. Believe me, that there is far colder than anything you have in Norway :D

But yeah, Indonesia is safe. I've spend a cumulative total of about 1 1/2 months in country for business stuff. Never had any issues at all apart from language stuff.
At least you got your christmas gift before the others... smile.

Countries i visited:

Germany
Switzerland
Greece
Croatia
France
Spain
Portugal
(Vatican lol)
Austria
Mauritius
Madagascar
Seychelles
Turkey
Tunisia
Egypt
USA
Chile

Well,your question was ridiculous,ever heard of any incident but the Bali bombing about Indonesia?
They are friendly calm and relaxed people,the most friendly Muslim people in the world.
Why not tag some Indonesian members of the forum?
There is an Indonesian section if you have noticed,go and ask them.

Back
Top Bottom