What's new

Is DJIBOUTI a safe country?

Indian Tiger

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

From my company i am deputed in DJIBOUTI for 2 years. Is there any problem with safety and security for foreigners in Djibouti? Requesting your valuable suggestions.

Thanks!

If You are rich man then Ofcourse U need protection and if you are Middle Class or poor man Then No problem just Feel Free :guns::sniper:

regards

I have to make a final call on Monday, whether to accept the deputation or not?..... through internet i came to know US army using that country as their base for Africa. Apart from that all i got was like, dont go outside alone, avoid lonely places,etc..

I am very confused... Any of the members have ever experienced DJIBOUTI trip?, if so please give your feedback.

Didn't even knew that such a country existed,poor GK.
Thanks by the way!

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/sub-saharan-africa/djibouti

What kind of job do you do tiger?

LOCAL LAWS AND CUSTOMS
(back to top)
Djibouti has a predominantly Muslim population and visitors should dress in a conservative manner in the city. Homosexual behaviour is illegal. The consumption of alcohol is permitted, but displays of drunken behaviour could result in a two-year prison term.

Ramadan is an important time for all Muslims, but it also has implications for non-Muslims in Djibouti. You should show respect to those who are fasting and pay attention so as not to offend Islamic values. See our page on Travelling during Ramadan.

French, Arabic and Somali are widely spoken. Photography of infrastructure (such as ports, public buildings, airports, military facilities and bridges) is prohibited in Djibouti. Your equipment will be confiscated and you could be arrested. When taking photos near prohibited places you should exercise caution and seek local advice if you are unsure.

^^^^^^^^^^check it out,hope it helps!

Looked up couple of sites for warnings about safety - Nothing sticks out except for petty crimes and banditry concerns outside of the capital but that is common everywhere even in India as well.

So I would suggest go for it. Take chances and explore the world - you will come up with a different perspective in life.

The two sites I looked up -

Djibouti

Djibouti travel guide - Wikitravel

Didn't even knew that such a country existed,poor GK.
Thanks by the way!

Djibouti travel advice

What kind of job do you do tiger?

I am working in the telecom sector, our company is the one and only successful telecom vendor in India, Djibouti telecom purchased many of our equipments. My job is to train them and have to be there for 2years to make them very familiar with the equipments and technology.

My colleagues got the same opportunity in US, Mexico... but i got in DJIBOUTI..:sad:

If there is no civil war issue..make due dilligence through embassies. Read up on british and american travel advisory/guides on that country. If its not something serious..take the plunge!

There is one suggestion i can give you though - dress as poorly as is possible. Avoid any and all kinds of display of even what we call middle class here.

DJIBOUTI...... Weird name,

Anyway - If the opportunity is good than you should go, Careers are for those who have courage to take chances. By reading above posts, i guess there is no need to worry. It's standard advice for every foreigner not to go alone, or lonely places etc.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.. DJIBOUTI Telecom's office is next to US military base,so the place will be very safe i guess. DJ telecom are going to arrange accommodation and car for transport, for the whole 2years. so i believe, it'll be safe.

Now i have to bag, to fly DJIBOUTI.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.. DJIBOUTI Telecom's office is next to US military base,so the place will be very safe i guess. DJ telecom are going to arrange accommodation and car for transport, for the whole 2years. so i believe, it'll be safe.

go ahead bro,explore it!

I think you will love it. In some African countries you don't have to do **** at work while you make big bucks.

This could be it.

Either it will be extremely same, or extremely dangerous. US loves to stay on the extreme side. :D

Back
Top Bottom