What's new

Irrigation Dam Projects in KP (Recently completed)

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MardanKhel Irrigation Dam District Karak 7 Khair Bara Irrigation Dam, Haripur completed

CIr7EIJUkAAJeUZ.jpg

CIr7DhvUcAAaQ-Q.jpg

CIr7DP2UwAA9iFx.jpg

CIr7D7JUEAAx7tR.jpg

CIr7ONKUAAAwTCu.jpg

CIr7OSRUkAELlaM.jpg

11403225_1005789619445108_7039121352096373147_n.jpg

11215782_490238164476395_1130792640988883294_n.jpg

Recently completed Machai Dam (Mardan):

CIqr2C5VEAAf8ol.jpg

CIqrxxeUcAQfHJO.jpg

CIqr16XUcAAQhE2.jpg

Apart from this, some of the PTI official pages on FB are claiming 27 other small hydel & irrigation dams are near completion. More good news to follow soon.. :yahoo:

Good going.

I hope every province follows this policy. We need lot of such small dams to preserve water...

focus is on providing power to rural areas through micro dams. each micro dam is enough for 1000-3000 house holds approximately 50,000 population.

production varies from 100 to 350 KV.

These are best available solutions for far fetched remote areas of KPK, which are cut off from main stream province because of tough terrain and extreme weathers. Laying down transmission lines and providing electricity to these areas can prove to be expensive and uphill task. On top of that, bill recoveries from these areas would be one hell of a job too.

So these small dams can do the wonders there, a small hydel dam with few MW power generation capacity can give cheap and unstopped electricity for few thousand homes in an area. KP govt needs to lay down a net of these small hydel projects throughout remote areas of KP and see how these areas progress.

Good going.

I hope every province follows this policy. We need lot of such small dams to preserve water...

KP has most favorable water resources for these kind of projects. These will be almost impossible in Sindh and Baluchistan, maybe some in Punjab can be installed but they can't be in great numbers.

These irrigations storage dams helps conserve ground water level too and thats a very crucial and important aspect of these dams
yes that's the main purpose of small dams ... I live in a area where ground water level was low but building of some dams helps in increase the water level

yes that's the main purpose of small dams ... I live in a area where ground water level was low but building of some dams helps in increase the water level

This is very critical too as in sub continent the water level has gone drastically low so its very significant steps taken by local govt here(i think Imran khan party rules here)

focus is on providing power to rural areas through micro dams. each micro dam is enough for 1000-3000 house holds approximately 50,000 population.

production varies from 100 to 350 KV.
Now that's interesting...

How will 1000-3000 (such a wide estimate) will be able to fulfil their electricity needs with only 100-200kv?

OK lets do the basics... In my opinion, an average household will have at least 3 bulbs of 40watts (120watts) + 3 fans of 70 watts (210 watts) + television of 200 watts + fridge/refrigrator of 350 watts + computer of 50 watts + mobile phone chargers, extra lights, washing machine of 1200 watts and iron of 1300 watts etc.

You basically need more than 2-3kw for each household...in bigger houses, the needs rises above 6000kw very frequently and in my local area for example I see people complaining about lack of electricity even after using 6500kw generators...

So if you basically calculate the consumption of electricity with the figure mentioned by you, its good enough to fulfil the needs of 50 houses... if you exaggerate it, take it close to 100 maximum... not more than that...

Another example is, an average-to-medium sized industrial unit will consume 100-300kv of electricity generators from each of these micro hydel projects and this is only good to suffice the needs of one industry. But everything must be appreciated and the biggest benefit of these projects is the water reservoirs and availability of water, the electricity is kind of cherry on the cake

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom