What's new

Iran's Navy expanding deployment of Special Units in International Waters

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Country
Norway
A0902674.jpg
FARS News Agency

TEHRAN (FNA): The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps naval force is expanding its presence in international waters, IRGC Navy Commander General Ali Fadavi said, adding that the special units of the IRGC Navy are deployed on all Iranian ships traversing international waters.

"When the sea piracy in the Gulf of Aden started, first the IRGC Navy's special forces were dispatched to the region and stayed there for four months," General Fadavi told reporters on the sidelines of the 18th annual meeting of the IRGCN.

"Later" he said "the Islamic Republic of Iran's Army sent its naval troops to the region and our forces have been present in those waters alongside the army forces ever since then."

"The Special forces of the IRGC Navy are present on all Islamic Republic of Iran's ships in Eastern and Western Indian Ocean in a bid to prevent any kind of (hostile) move," added the general.

"The presence of the IRGC naval forces in free waters will expand in future," he added.

Iran's naval power has even been acknowledged by foes. In a Sep. 11, 2008 report, the Washington Institute for the Near East Policy also said that in the two decades since the Iraqi imposed war on Iran, the IRGC has excelled in naval capabilities and is able to wage unique asymmetric warfare against larger naval forces.

According to the report, Iran's Navy has been transformed into a highly motivated, well-equipped, and well-financed force and is effectively in control of the world's oil lifeline, the Strait of Hormuz.

The study says that if Washington takes military action against the Islamic Republic, the scale of Iran's response would likely be proportional to the scale of the damage inflicted on Iranian assets.

The Islamic Republic's top military officials have repeatedly warned that in case of an attack by either the US or Israel, the country would target 32 American bases in the Middle East and close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

An estimated 40 percent of the world's oil supply passes through the waterway.

A recent study by a fellow at Harvard's Olin Institute for Strategic Studies, Caitlin Talmadge, warned that the IRGC Navy could use mines as well as missiles to block the strait, and that "it could take many weeks, even months, to restore the full flow of commerce, and more time still for the oil markets to be convinced that stability had returned".

Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei has described the Iranian Army's Navy as "a strategic force".

"Given the current issues of the world and today's geopolitical conditions of the world, we should strengthen ourselves in sea and in coast as far as we can," Ayatollah Khamenei stressed on November 28, 2010, addressing senior Navy commanders here in Tehran in a ceremony to commemorate the National Navy Day.

The leader also stressed that increasing manpower, recruiting talented personnel and taking innovations and initiatives into action are highly necessary for the future of the country's naval forces.

Ayatollah Khamenei further praised the close cooperation between naval forces of the Islamic Republic Army and the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC).

The Iranian Army Navy and the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Navy have tight cooperation in controlling the country's waterways and protecting Iran's interests inside territorial waters and in the high seas.FARS News Agency

TEHRAN (FNA): The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps naval force is expanding its presence in international waters, IRGC Navy Commander General Ali Fadavi said, adding that the special units of the IRGC Navy are deployed on all Iranian ships traversing international waters.

"When the sea piracy in the Gulf of Aden started, first the IRGC Navy's special forces were dispatched to the region and stayed there for four months," General Fadavi told reporters on the sidelines of the 18th annual meeting of the IRGCN.

"Later" he said "the Islamic Republic of Iran's Army sent its naval troops to the region and our forces have been present in those waters alongside the army forces ever since then."

"The Special forces of the IRGC Navy are present on all Islamic Republic of Iran's ships in Eastern and Western Indian Ocean in a bid to prevent any kind of (hostile) move," added the general.

"The presence of the IRGC naval forces in free waters will expand in future," he added.

Iran's naval power has even been acknowledged by foes. In a Sep. 11, 2008 report, the Washington Institute for the Near East Policy also said that in the two decades since the Iraqi imposed war on Iran, the IRGC has excelled in naval capabilities and is able to wage unique asymmetric warfare against larger naval forces.

According to the report, Iran's Navy has been transformed into a highly motivated, well-equipped, and well-financed force and is effectively in control of the world's oil lifeline, the Strait of Hormuz.

The study says that if Washington takes military action against the Islamic Republic, the scale of Iran's response would likely be proportional to the scale of the damage inflicted on Iranian assets.

The Islamic Republic's top military officials have repeatedly warned that in case of an attack by either the US or Israel, the country would target 32 American bases in the Middle East and close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

An estimated 40 percent of the world's oil supply passes through the waterway.

A recent study by a fellow at Harvard's Olin Institute for Strategic Studies, Caitlin Talmadge, warned that the IRGC Navy could use mines as well as missiles to block the strait, and that "it could take many weeks, even months, to restore the full flow of commerce, and more time still for the oil markets to be convinced that stability had returned".

Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei has described the Iranian Army's Navy as "a strategic force".

"Given the current issues of the world and today's geopolitical conditions of the world, we should strengthen ourselves in sea and in coast as far as we can," Ayatollah Khamenei stressed on November 28, 2010, addressing senior Navy commanders here in Tehran in a ceremony to commemorate the National Navy Day.

The leader also stressed that increasing manpower, recruiting talented personnel and taking innovations and initiatives into action are highly necessary for the future of the country's naval forces.

Ayatollah Khamenei further praised the close cooperation between naval forces of the Islamic Republic Army and the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC).

The Iranian Army Navy and the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Navy have tight cooperation in controlling the country's waterways and protecting Iran's interests inside territorial waters and in the high seas.

My brother, you work so hard and make so many threads but you never leave the link.
please go through that little extra effort and leave links from now on :cheers:

Also Iran naval presence in national waters is very good for global security as we are very very good at dealing with somali pirates.

Iran thinks it is the new USSR.

Why? If a country wants to resist against the injustice done to it, it thinks it's the new USSR? Only the USSR has the right to stand for her rights in your opinion? What did you think of when you said a thing like this? lol

just a little advice to iran , they shouldnt attack US bases that are not being used to attack , TURKEY SHOULD NOT LET AMERICA USE ITS SOIL BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A NATO OPERATION!

Coming from the mighty power that is Canada... :rofl:
Canada is rather tough, look at thier record (compare it to Iran's)....plus...NATO has their back (heard of NATO? it's this little club...)

Canada is rather tough, look at thier record (compare it to Iran's)....plus...NATO has their back (heard of NATO? it's this little club...)

Of course we heard of NATO, but only non almost bankrupt member is turkey. the rest are poor and almost bankrupt.

just a little advice to iran , they shouldnt attack US bases that are not being used to attack , TURKEY SHOULD NOT LET AMERICA USE ITS SOIL BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A NATO OPERATION!

Turkey will not let america use it's bases against Iran, but problem is those bases in turkey might be used for further attack after Iran dealt with the other yankee bases. also Iran will not hurt turks, they will aim a american bases. hopefully there will no turks there. I personally think the first target will be saudi oil fields.

Canada is just your guys backyard... Nothing more, nothing less. They have no independence beyond what the US will afford them, thats why I sarcastically pointed to how powerless they are.

Yes I have heard of your little club, feel free to try and use it against Iran whenever you want. We are prepared for you war mongers...

when we need info on kangaroos we will let you know for now go kiddo go :wave:

I beg your pardon, but I would like, if you don't mind, to correct a teeny tiny mistake in your lovely post. Canada is not known for Kangaroors, it's Australia. I hope I didn't bother you in anyway, and if I did (God forbid), I ask for your your forgiveness. Thank you and have a nice day...

I beg your pardon, but I would like, if you don't mind, to correct a teeny tiny mistake in your lovely post. Canada is not known for Kangaroors, it's Australia. I hope I didn't bothered you in anyway, and if I did (God forbid), I ask for your your forgiveness. Thank you and have a nice day...

Duly noted, now please say something constructive and stop trolling...

mate , as you are american , this isnt NATO war , its United States war and United kingdom probably , isnt nato used if a member country is attacked , plus i dont think US will attack , i think israel might attack and US might support them abit

I beg your pardon, but I would like, if you don't mind, to correct a teeny tiny mistake in your lovely post. Canada is not known for Kangaroors, it's Australia. I hope I didn't bother you in anyway, and if I did (God forbid), I ask for your your forgiveness. Thank you and have a nice day...

a while ago someone said he was vasseti (austrialian guy) in different account.
and Yes I do who Australia is famous for kangaroos. but thank you for letting us drink from your cup of knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom