What's new

Iran’s investment in energy sector to be welcomed: Shahbaz

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: Chief Minister-designate Shahbaz Sharif said Sunday that strengthening ties with neighbouring countries forms the basis of the PML-N’s foreign policy.

“Iran is not only our neighbour, it is also one of our closest friends and it has always stood by Pakistan in the testing times,” he said during a meeting with Iranian Ambassador Alireza Haghighian.

Shahbaz said that unrest and terrorism posed a hurdle to the region’s progress and countries in the region must work together to improve the situation. “I believe Iran can play a vital role in this regard,” he said.

He said that brotherly ties between the two countries must be transformed into an economic relationship. “We will welcome Iran’s investment in energy and other sectors in Punjab,” he said.The Iranian ambassador assured Shahbaz of Iran’s cooperation in energy sector and said Tehran could help Punjab generate 2,000MW of electricity if some hurdles were removed.

Earlier, speaking to the media after a meeting with the People’s Muslim League chief Arbab Ghulam Rahim, the CM-designate said that leaders and political parties from across the country were joining the PML-N and “This is due to the prudent policies of Nawaz Sharif.” He added that Arbab Ghulam Rahim could form an effective opposition in Sindh which would keep a check on the performance of the provincial government.

Iran

I have been watching closely and i see PML-N being mature to contact both Iran and Saudi Arabia.

First the Vice President of Iran called, then came the Ambassador to NS and now to SS. Bravo !

Back
Top Bottom