What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

موشک بالستیک برکانYemeni resistance MRBM ballistic missile Berkane-2 range 1000 KM ۲
now what Trump the Bullsh@ter .what you do now ?? come on bring on
more sanction empty threat or what ?? these are not Scud missile all barndnew
=========================================

so iranian/russian engineers working in yemen?
i dont think yemen has the infrastructure to make MRBM´s completely on its own there
metallurgy, electronic, solid fuel chemistry.....
but I also cant believe iran is shipping such fat missiles with ships to yemen, spy satellites + sea blockades up there
so this missiles are made in yemen, but the hell knows how..

موشک بالستیک برکانYemeni resistance MRBM ballistic missile Berkane-2 range 1000 KM ۲
now what Trump the Bullsh@ter .what you do now ?? come on bring on
more sanction empty threat or what ?? these are not Scud missile all barndnew
\

my guess is that it's something between shahab2 and shahab3.
probably they linked two scud missile and made 1 borkan2.
they can pass evolution of scud missile so fast because they have seen experiences of Iran, N Korea and Iraq and Libya in same path.
and absolutely they have advices from outside for Iran take around 15 years to reach where Yemenis are in less than two years.
They're so motivated on BM, and spend most of their money and equipment on BM projects.
for comparing with borkan2

ALCON,

Burkan-2 definitely looks to be a Scud/R-17 modification.

If the examples shown to public are accurate, here is my theory:

- Iranian engineers managed to get similar range performance in the Qiam-2 (Scud-based design) that the Iraqis did with the Al-Abbas. Difference is, the Qiam-1 is actually SMALLER than the original R-17 and carries a decent-size warhead, while the Al-Abbas was 1-2 meters longer (depending on source) and reduced its 1000kg warhead to just 200kg. Moral of the story: If you have the right engineers on the job, you can do a lot to the old Scud.

- Clearly, this Burkan-2 has a reduced warhead compared to the original R-17, with the new warhead looking smaller than the Qiam-1's but IMHO, not nearly as small as the Al-Abbas. So my guess, the Burkan-2 likely has a warhead of at least 300kg, which along with other modifications, could feasibly provide the range the Saudis have been on the receiving end of.

Just my best guess though.

ALCON,

Burkan-2 definitely looks to be a Scud/R-17 modification.

If the examples shown to public are accurate, here is my theory:

- Iranian engineers managed to get similar range performance in the Qiam-2 (Scud-based design) that the Iraqis did with the Al-Abbas. Difference is, the Qiam-1 is actually SMALLER than the original R-17 and carries a decent-size warhead, while the Al-Abbas was 1-2 meters longer (depending on source) and reduced its 1000kg warhead to just 200kg. Moral of the story: If you have the right engineers on the job, you can do a lot to the old Scud.

- Clearly, this Burkan-2 has a reduced warhead compared to the original R-17, with the new warhead looking smaller than the Qiam-1's but IMHO, not nearly as small as the Al-Abbas. So my guess, the Burkan-2 likely has a warhead of at least 300kg, which along with other modifications, could feasibly provide the range the Saudis have been on the receiving end of.

Just my best guess though.

Qiam-2 has NO fins uses the same booster as the Qiam-1 the only difference is the top nose section is longer likely because they have added a small Post Boost Vehicle to extended the range to ~1000km

Fatteh-110 to cover 150km - 300km (Solid Fuel)
Fatteh-313 to cover 250km - 500km (Solid Fuel)
Zolfaghar (1.5 stage) to cover up to 450km - 700km (Solid Fuel)
Qiam-1/2 (1-1.5 stage) to cover 600km-1000km (Iran likely is developing a solid fuel to replace it)
Emad (1.5 Stage) to cover 1000km-1650km & uses the same booster as the single stage Gard-1 (Iran is likely developing a solid fuel booster to replace the booster)
Gadr-2(H) & Sejil-2 (2-2.5 stage Missile) to cover over 1700km
Ya Ali Cruise Missile for up to 700km & Somar cruise missile to cover to ~2000km (Depending on altitude)

Burkan-2 is modified Scud-B has nothing to do with Iran! And at best Yemen Rocket Scientists came to Iran for assistance on how to extend the range of their scuds and the type of assistance Iran likely gave them had more to do with fuel & some simple modifications to the engine and a simple design for a crude post boost vehicle!
That would be my guess!

Why would Iran send it's rocket scientists to an area with no areal defense coverage?

Qiam-2 has NO fins uses the same booster as the Qiam-1 the only difference is the top nose section is longer likely because they have added a small Post Boost Vehicle to extended the range to ~1000km

Fatteh-110 to cover 150km - 300km (Solid Fuel)
Fatteh-313 to cover 250km - 500km (Solid Fuel)
Zolfaghar (1.5 stage) to cover up to 450km - 700km (Solid Fuel)
Qiam-1/2 (1-1.5 stage) to cover 600km-1000km (Iran likely is developing a solid fuel to replace it)
Emad (1.5 Stage) to cover 1000km-1650km & uses the same booster as the single stage Gard-1 (Iran is likely developing a solid fuel booster to replace the booster)
Gadr-2(H) & Sejil-2 (2-2.5 stage Missile) to cover over 1700km
Ya Ali Cruise Missile for up to 700km & Somar cruise missile to cover to ~2000km (Depending on altitude)

Burkan-2 is modified Scud-B has nothing to do with Iran! And at best Yemen Rocket Scientists came to Iran for assistance on how to extend the range of their scuds and the type of assistance Iran likely gave them had more to do with fuel & some simple modifications to the engine and a simple design for a crude post boost vehicle!
That would be my guess!

Why would Iran send it's rocket scientists to an area with no areal defense coverage?

You would be surprised how much stuff can be done remotely via web. Regardless, I don't want to disregard the Yemeni's efforts. I hope a threshold is reached that Saudi's wouldn't dare to fly close to the Yemen's border.

ALCON,

Oops, just meant to refer to the Qiam-1 in my post, since the "Qiam-2" has only been talked about, not seen.

Also, I wasn't make any opinion that Iranian engineers went to Yemen to teach the Houthis how to do this, just that simply having the right engineers on the job, you can do wonders even with the old Scud.

KCTV DPRK North Korea solid propellent road-mobile Cold launch ballistic missile “Pukguksong-2”

1%7E23.jpg

Last edited:
what a beast!

The Missile is really not that big it's just short ~14 meters or less I'd say! But the TEL is impressive and shortens prep for launch time! (If you calculate the guy standing next to the missile as 2 meters then the missile is most definitely less than 14 meters)

Iran started testing it's Solid Fuel Sejil-2 10 years ago & it was put into production 8 years ago and since then they have chosen NOT to take it further & now N.Korea is going to surpass Iran on Solid Fuel Missiles
Their continued research in building SLBM capability also gave them the ability to build more advanced TEL's with a shorter launch time!
Also not having any fins on the missile is a greater advantage!

Props to the N.Koreans!

Iran started testing it's Solid Fuel Sejil-2 10 years ago & it was put into production 8 years ago and since then they have chosen NOT to take it further & now N.Korea is going to surpass Iran on Solid Fuel Missiles
!

do you really believe this?
Making an Sejil-2 10 years ago and not making further progress and development makes no f....ing sense..
Because Iran not showing something does not mean its not existent!
what Iran is showing on TV is only a tip from an iceberg
Soheil sayd he saw a 3 stage solid fuel ICBM and i believe its in Irans capabilities....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom