What's new

Iranian Empires and Dynasties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maps of Achaemenid empire and Afsharid empire posted by OP are vastly exaggerated , at least in the East.

These maps are more accurate-

Achaemenid Empire

achaemenid_empire_map.gif

Afsharid Empire

163%20Afsharid%20Persian%20Empire%201736-1749%20Map.jpg

Iranian Azerbaijanis are Iranian Azerbaijanis-Turks.They live in Iran for thousands years like other Iranian nations.
Also mongols became muslim in Iran.

Last edited:
So Persian rulers were also mostly Turkic just like Hindustan.

Map_of_The_Hotakids.png

After the Turkic migration to Iran pretty much yes but the "Turkic" dynasties of India are not comparable to the Turkic empires in Iran as the Turkish rulers of India were a small elite who got quickly assimilated into several Soth Asian ethnic groups. All Muslim dynasties of Hindustan used Persian as lingua franca and that's also the reason why Urdu is mostly influenced by the Persian language.

After the Turkic migration to Iran pretty much yes but the "Turkic" dynasties of India are not comparable to the Turkic empires in Iran as the Turkish rulers of India were a small elite who got quickly assimilated into several Soth Asian ethnic groups. All Muslim dynasties of Hindustan used Persian as lingua franca and that's also the reason why Urdu is mostly influenced by the Persian language.

Turkic influence in India was completely wiped out. Today you find no turks in India nor any Mughals. Some of the Mughal descendants are washing dishes in Delhi and are dirt poor. Turks got absorbed into the Indian population.

It seems Indus was the dividing line. Even today people on the east and west of Indus are relatively different culturally, although population wise the eastern half dominates heavily (~75%).

That is true. No the cultures have meshed over the last 6 decades only the remote tribal areas are still largely different.Eastern half has all the agriculture so that will mean more population.

Discussing about history is useless here .

Everyone seems to be historian .:coffee:

Some of these empires are of Turkic origin. No offense, but facts are facts. I can understand, though, that Iranians view this as a part of their history since they were ruled under Turkic leadership, hence their reference to these empires as their history. As long as they dont claim that some of these empires are of Persian origin, then fine.

By the same token you can not claim that for example Seljuk empire and the other ones were "Turkic".
NOT if by Turkic you mean the race/ethnicity, then that is a big no no. But if by Turkic you mean a multicultural/lingual nationality (not only ethnic Turks, similar to Iran), then fine.
You cant have the cake and eat it too.

It works both ways my friend. ;)

Last edited:
Turk-Azeri is one of Iranian nations who live in Iran.They are Iranian like Balouch,Arab,Kurd Lor etc... since live in Iran.

In all our empires that have had a Turk king our capital have been in Iran like Isfahan Tabriz ...

Anyway it is not important who the king with which nation has ruled Iran it is important Iran always have been Iran.
Persian Turk ... any nation are Iranian.

In safavid empire our kings were azeri but they fought with Ottoman empire that formed recently.

Turk-Azeri is one of Iranian nations who live in Iran.They are Iranian like Balouch,Arab,Kurd Lor etc... since live in Iran.

In all our empires that have had a Turk king our capital have been in Iran like Isfahan Tabriz ...

Anyway it is not important who the king with which nation has ruled Iran it is important Iran always have been Iran.
In safavid empire our kings were azeri but they fought with Ottoman empire that formed recently.

As long you don't involve Persian ethnicity and nationalism into that "Iranian" then I agree, "Iran" is remained as a regional/cultural term, there is nothing wrong with calling Iran centered dynasties Iranian.

As long you don't involve Persian ethnicity and nationalism into that "Iranian" then I agree, "Iran" is remained as a regional/cultural term, there is nothing wrong with calling Iran centered dynasties Iranian.
Iran is Iran.
I have been taking history since first grade. :D
like me

So much confusion.

You should decide what term suits for what.

there are two things : politic name and geographical name. You use it how it suits you.

Any person WHO lives in Europe should, as you clamied, be called by geographical name as European, if so, why should not people in Iran be called as middle eastern?

Whenever i visit Iran section ,i always feel to be on a different planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom