What's new

Iran to send man into space by 2019

2010-07-24 14:00:00

Iran has plans to launch its first manned mission into the space by 2019, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said.

The president said the project was originally planned to take place in 2035, but it has been preponed in response to the pressure from the US and the West against its nuclear programme, according to Press TV.

'In response to the enemy's (the United Nations Security Council) resolutions, it was decided that the project be pushed forward by five years,' Ahmadinejad said Friday at the closing ceremony of the National Festival of Iranian Youth.

He also said Iran's Sanjesh Satellite would be launched from an Iranian launch pad and controlled by an Iranian control station.

June 9, the UN Security Council approved a fourth round of sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme

The punitive measures were to force Iran into halting its enrichment activities, which Tehran insists to be peaceful and under the full supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

The sanctions came less than a month after Iran issued a joint nuclear declaration with Brazil and Turkey based on which Tehran agreed to swap its low-enriched uranium on Turkish soil with nuclear fuel for its research reactor that produces medical radioisotopes.

The European Union, despite voicing support for more talks on Tehran's nuclear issue, is set vote on the adoption of tougher sanctions against Iran Monday, which will target the country's trade, financial, energy and transport sectors.

They also include visa bans and asset freeze, in particular for Iranian banks, the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps and the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines.

The new sanctions will be approved in accordance with a June 17 declaration by the European Council, which aims to block oil and gas investment in Iran and curtail the country's refining and natural gas capacity.

By then will Iran be labeled as "the fourth country to have the ability to send humans to the moon" ?

guessing what will b the Iranian equivalent of astronaut:undecided:

How about IRANAUT
or whatever they call space in persian + naut

I guess that the word naut is quite important in space termilogy considering that European and American call there space explorer as ASTRONAUTS
While Russian call them COSMONAUT
And Chinese call them TAIKONAUT

How about IRANAUT
or whatever they call space in persian + naut

I guess that the word naut is quite important in space termilogy considering that European and American call there space explorer as ASTRONAUTS
While Russian call them COSMONAUT
And Chinese call them TAIKONAUT

What will India call her Astronauts ? *just curious*

IndoNauts ? BharatNauts ? HinduNauts ?

What will India call her Astronauts ? *just curious*

IndoNauts ? BharatNauts ? HinduNauts ?

Well , indonaut or bharatnaut could have been possibilities , but Hindunaut , I dont thing that is possible since father of indian space and missile programme is Dr APJ Abdul Kalam , also a former president of india , and a muslim

I think You Will Find The Following Article interesting

Indian astronauts to be called 'vyomanauts'?
Updated on Wednesday, January 06, 2010, 17:16 IST

London: Reports indicate that the Indian media has branded its astronauts as “vyomanauts”, a word derived from the Sanskrit language.

According to a report in New Scientist, the tongue-twisting term comes from the Sanskrit for sky or space - that is – ‘vyoma’.

The closest Sanskrit word to astronaut would have been vyomagami, for something that passes in the sky.

The other word for an Indian spacefarer that had been bandied about was gaganaut, as gagan is also Sanskrit for sky.
But “vyoma is very good”, according to Choudury Upender Rao, a professor of Sanskrit studies at the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi. “It’s an appropriate choice,” he added

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is now in the process of choosing four vyomanauts from a pool of 200 fighter pilots, P. Madhusoodanan of the Indian Air Force.

India’s first crewed space mission is scheduled for 2015, designs for which were unveiled last year by Madhavan Nair, former chairman of ISRO.

The three-person vehicle will initially carry two vyomanauts into 275-kilometre low-Earth orbit. Before this flight, ISRO will launch its second moon mission in 2013.

India space news-Indian astronauts to be called `vyomanauts`?

The Iranian people know only one thing.

If Iran sleeps, Iran dies.

Because of this every Iranian is working harder than ever, they realize that their country is in danger unless they can reach technological parity or superiority.

Right now in Iran the Iranian people are pushing themselves to the limit just like the Russians and Americans did in the cold war.

Well , indonaut or bharatnaut could have been possibilities , but Hindunaut , I dont thing that is possible since father of indian space and missile programme is Dr APJ Abdul Kalam , also a former president of india , and a muslim

I think You Will Find The Following Article interesting

Indian astronauts to be called 'vyomanauts'?
Updated on Wednesday, January 06, 2010, 17:16 IST

London: Reports indicate that the Indian media has branded its astronauts as “vyomanauts”, a word derived from the Sanskrit language.

According to a report in New Scientist, the tongue-twisting term comes from the Sanskrit for sky or space - that is – ‘vyoma’.

The closest Sanskrit word to astronaut would have been vyomagami, for something that passes in the sky.

The other word for an Indian spacefarer that had been bandied about was gaganaut, as gagan is also Sanskrit for sky.
But “vyoma is very good”, according to Choudury Upender Rao, a professor of Sanskrit studies at the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi. “It’s an appropriate choice,” he added

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is now in the process of choosing four vyomanauts from a pool of 200 fighter pilots, P. Madhusoodanan of the Indian Air Force.

India’s first crewed space mission is scheduled for 2015, designs for which were unveiled last year by Madhavan Nair, former chairman of ISRO.

The three-person vehicle will initially carry two vyomanauts into 275-kilometre low-Earth orbit. Before this flight, ISRO will launch its second moon mission in 2013.

India space news-Indian astronauts to be called `vyomanauts`?

Thanks for the info.

I find it rather interesting that some members find such humor in Iran's space-related and other scientific aspirations whereas Iran has shown itself to be rather committed to them then letting them be absolutely hollow statements. This space-issue is especially true since Iran has shown itself to be an active participant (even if an entrant) into the "Asian space race" and it's space agency, sazmane fazaiye Iran, has a healthy budget.

Successfully placing a man in orbit and having him return safely to Earth has a great propaganda value such as which was utilized by both the Soviet Union and the United States in their Cold War space race. The propaganda value is evident but a space program's contribution to industry, science, and the military by far eclipses that. The United States and the Russian Federation, even today, is benefiting from its old manned space program in quite a big way. One cannot overstate the value of sending a man into space for it comes with one of the most far-reaching synergies.

I have found that people who are not associated with an aerospace field generally do not understand just how much a space industry can bring to a country. It all comes from the fact that so many things have to be advanced to make space flight possible that one ends up enriching the whole country with a space program. I'm all for a very determined Iranian space program.

By far one of the most successful outcomes, if not the singular beneficial, of the policies of the post-Revolution government of Iran are those concerning their heavy stress on education and scientific research-- a shortcoming in technological and scientific knowledge has been seen as a fundamental past failure and this view is highlighted much within Iran. As such, Iran is trying to introduce herself in various other fields simultaneously-- a methodology which is debatable. The following link provides an interesting analysis of the past 30 years for those interested: http://www.science-metrix.com/30years-Paper.pdf

Lastly, the the Iranian media and government use the term 'fazanavard' as an Iranian equal to Astronauts/Cosmonauts-- in fact all human space explorers are termed so irrespective of country. Most probably this term would be insisted upon given the fact that the "xyz-naut" suffix would be perceived of as being non-Iranian or even politically as a "we are in your club" tag and Iranians (especially the government) would be keen to take the "we'll continue to be different" path. Moreover, there is a heavy insistence on the usage of pure Persian lexicon. This is purely my own speculation though.

What is next..? An irani restaurant on moon...:hitwall:

To late
moon.JPG

Seriously though, a fusion research program that once again is for peacefull purposes, a missile program that is for peacefull purposes.

We can belive that Iran hopes to achive what the rest of the world cannot or asume they have hopes of a hydrogen bomb and an ICBM to carry it.

where is the fission reactor first, fusion reactor is very few in the world, does iran want to achieve for which even western world is speculating :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

this is different between Iranian an you i guess, you can luagh, they will try to reach what west does not have it yet

With Sanctions getting tighter and tighter. I highly doubt Iran would be able to obtain the specialized parts and computers needed for a comprehensive Fusion research program.

On a side note the U.S. is getting ready to fire up the largest fusion ignition facility in the world.

https://lasers.llnl.gov/

sanction can not stop that, only can delay the program

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more likely they give more importance giving the illusion of greatness. Making grandiose claims and whatever else it takes to keep Iran in the headlines to make themselves seem relevant (Baghdad Bob would be proud). They crave to be the main regional power.

They could make claims tomorrow to have reverse engineered a flying saucer. And some here would believe every word they said and herald how great they are for having done it.

could you please show us how many times they claimed something but there were false, only point is they do not caste the news the way you like.
for many reasons they policy is keeping ambiguity for their powerful enemy.

No offence to anyone....but its only Iran in the Arab world that is usually very vocal about its ambition and is working hard towards it, despite all the shortcomings....

You give even the 10th generation weapons to the arab armies, they will still win you a defeat....not that they lack warrior spirit but poor strategy and command....that is what history says at least....

IMO, Iran is the only country brave enough to stand at the western pressure among the other arab nations....hence i wish them good luck for their purpose....

Cheers!!!

Iran is not an Arab country. they are Persian

Sorry for the ignorance....all i wanted to mention was the middle east and its few surrounding countries....

Btw, i did expect a thanks from an Iranian member for that 'small' encouraging post of mine....

Cheers!!!

Thanks BD brother

Is it that much easy to put an man in space,build fighter jets(with engines),build ballistic missiles,find cure for HIV,make a fusion reactor(not even having knowledge of building a fission reactor),Building Frigates,and also building a SAM which is more superior than S-300 in just a gap of 5years..........?

Then Iran is great......and their president is awesome...:victory:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom