What's new

Iran’s Sunnis, Saudi’s Shias; a Fair Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's no such thing as a ''Shiia'' or ''Sunni'' Mosque

a Mosque is a Mosque, for God's sakes!

In theory what you say is correct.

In reality, mosques are specific to the sects.

How many times have you prayed in a Shia mosque (if you are a Sunni). I have. And people say "Are you hear to convert and be a true Muslim. I just laugh it off, but not many people will be amused

and
How many times have you prayed in Ahl-Hadees mosque (if you are Shia).

Remember to see the reality when talking about Islam, don't live on a distant planet.

Peace,

How many times have you prayed in a Shia mosque (if you are a Sunni). I have. And people say "Are you hear to convert and be a true Muslim. I just laugh it off, but not many people will be amused

and

Remember to see the reality when talking about Islam, don't live on a distant planet.

Peace,

I am a shia and i have prayed in many sunni mosques for a long time NEVER any one approached me , also have seen many sunnis praying in shia mosques ... no one has ever bothered them

Incidents related to that have to do with religious extremists persecuting Shia's, but that is mostly confined to the Tribal areas and some parts of KPK province due to lack of education and exploiting on part of the extremist mullahs. You won't find such things taking place in Progressive regions of Pakistan.

Before the 1980's Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, attacks on Shia's and similar incidents were mostly unheard of in Pakistan. Most, if not all, Pakistanis followed a Sufi influenced Sunni Islam and no one even knew who was Shia or Sunni, everyone prayed in the same Mosques, celebrated the same holidays, intermarried and coexisted peacefully. This was mostly due to the fact that when hindus were slaughtering Muslims in 1947, and train loads of dead Muslim bodies were coming to Pakistan, they didn't ask those people which Sect they belonged to before butchering, raping, kidnapping and looting them, they slaughtered them because they were Muslims, and it was this tragedy that left its mark in the minds of the old generation that they (our enemy) committed those atrocious crimes against us because of our common faith and our desire to have our own Nation where we could go to the Mosques without having to worry about someone tossing pig heads into the mosque or some safron gangs bullying our people and preventing us from worshiping our Lord, a Nation where we could preserve our ideals and our distinct identity, and SubhanAllah we got that homeland in the form of Pakistan, achieved after so much sacrifices.

After seeing this excellent post I would have hoped some would have realised that enemies see us as Muslims not as Shias or Sunnis

Reading through this thread I realized something.... I am neither. I don't belong to either. I just look at the two from an outer perpective. Wow that says something. They can both go and burn in hell for all I care. :lol:

Reading through this thread I realized something.... I am neither. I don't belong to either. I just look at the two from an outer perpective. Wow that says something. They can both go and burn in hell for all I care. :lol:

Or they can all live peacefully as Muslims with no judging of each other

Or they can all live peacefully as Muslims with no judging of each other

Nope no can do. That is impossible. You can't wash away 1400 years of being at each other's throats. They both actively deserve to be wiped out from humanity.

What the hell is a Sunni or Shia mosque?does it make any difference?a mosque is a mosque.
When i traveled to KSA for Umrah,we all were standing behind a Sunni imam and praying.No matter if he is a Sunni.
It is Saudi Arabia that started this Shia-Sunni mosque.We don't have any problems praying in a Sunni mosque.But this discussion can have only one reason:they don't count us as Muslims and so they believe 'our' way of praying is wrong.So who has started this sectarian issue?\

Remove the name 'fair' from topic name,from the first sentence,it is trying to bash Iran.How can a 'fair' article have lies in it?

I am a shia and i have prayed in many sunni mosques for a long time NEVER any one approached me , also have seen many sunnis praying in shia mosques ... no one has ever bothered them

May God bless you for your effort.

What you say is true. But it it remains an exception rather than a norm.

I hope you understand that I am not trying to discredit you, Just pointing that 98+% in a typical Pakistani mosque are usually the same sect.

peace.

I hope you understand that I am not trying to discredit you, Just pointing that 98+% in a typical Pakistani mosque are usually the same sect.

peace.

I am not sure that he is the exception I agree with his sentiments I am Sunni and have faced similar. I never would dare to judge anyone

....they [Saudis] don't count us [Iranians] as Muslims and so they believe 'our' way of praying is wrong.So who has started this sectarian issue....

Shia-Sunni fasad /blood struggle is much much older, and goes all the way back to Sahaba/khulafa time.

Modern day Shia-Sunni fasad is reflection of all that only made worse by the petro-dollars of Saudi-Mullahs and Irani-Ayatullahs.

peace,

peace.

may be the very extreme one and off course i wont try my luck there , if the no in your opinion is 98% than thats whopping

Shia-Sunni fasad /blood struggle is much much older, and goes all the way back to Sahaba/khulafa time.

Modern day Shia-Sunni fasad is reflection of all that only made worse by the petro-dollars of Saudi-Mullahs and Irani-Ayatullahs.

peace,

i am off the same opinion that fassadi mullahs at both ends are fighting there wars /conflicts away from home on pakistani turf and us pakistanis usual jazbati are getting played by them ... its there business and should they wish they can confront - invade - kill each other ¬ i dont care. This shia sunni conflict is 1400 years old its not going to resolve EVER , better we keep religion aside and think for Pakistan

and

Peace,

is a public Mosque that is open to all Muslims in Pakistan (e.g. Faisal Masjid) considered by your definition as Ahle-Hadees Mosque?

because I've prayed there many times ;)

Yep this is pretty much the truth. At anytime I could have brought the issue of oppressed Sunnis in Iran but I never did that. This isn't the same for Iranians.

In my college one of my friends is Shia but don't give it much thought mostly just tease him about it every once and a while jokingly but that's it. In Iran they are not even allowed to have Sunni mosques. In Saudi Arabia Shia mosques are built with government money even.

But here people tend to look with Iranian glasses and idealize Iran as their lord and saviour.

We don't even tease our Sunni brothers about their religion in Iran. When I was in primary school, I had a friend whose family had come to Tehran from Sanandaj, a Sunni majority city in Kurdistan of Iran. We treated him exactly the same way as others and we never made jokes about him or his religion.

There are several Sunni mosques in Iran built by the funds of the Iranian government Mosa.

What the hell is a Sunni or Shia mosque?does it make any difference?a mosque is a mosque.

the ONLY difference is about Izan in Shi3a and Sunni Islam. If not, there is no difference between a shi3a mosque or a sunni mosque because a mosque is only a building for worship and a building doesn't understand the difference.

Also, the article is from sunnionline.com which makes very far from being impartial and neutral because it's not by an independent observer.

guys,

it isnt an issue of Mosques! It's an issue of extremist Mullahs on both sides who exploit people's emotions and try to influence people's beliefs that ''our way is right and they are wrong'' and are instrumental (knowingly or unknowingly) in doing the bidding of the enemies or ill-wishers of Muslims.

stop being damned fools and allowing yourselves to be divided and pitted against one another......2 pitbulls in a small ring, in a cage.....with people on the outside yelling and throwing bills around cheering as they growl at eachother and waiting to see who pounces first.

y'all niggas is brothers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom