What's new

Iran marks historic US failure in Tabas Desert

Well those who died trying to rescue the embassy staff comprised of Americans held hostage. Would you have done the same to try to rescue Iranians being held hostage from a couple of thousand miles away? If not, then the Iranians are cold hearted people.
they died because of your Politicians. and i dont see any Iranian member insulting your dead soldiers.
and lets skip this "playing innocent" part.

There is nothing for Iran to rejoice in this episode.

First, the failure of this particular mission was due to local weather condition, not due to anything done by Iranians. The fact that Americans were able to penetrate so deep in Iran should be a cause of alarm for Iran.

Second, this event contributed to ouster of "big pussy" Carter and paved way for Reagan's presidency, a presidents whose policy of introducing disruptive technologies broke down Soviet Union, a country which could have became an ally of Iran, by forcing them into bankrupting arm's race; and whose policies put US economy in an upward growth trajectory, a period of growth which lasted for three decades.

American's died while trying to save their diplomats from Iranian custody. I don't see as to how they can't be called as martyrs.
then what's the point? i was not talking about iran's power! i just said that was a epic fail for those who thought that us is a god !!!

@anonymus
American's died while trying to save their diplomats from Iranian custody. I don't see as to how they can't be called as martyrs.
They were terrorists and rapists who did a coup in Iran and destroyed iranian democracy in 1952. So they deserved to die (In vietnam, korea, somalia, iraq, afghanistan,Lebanon, during world war etc) and they will continue to die.

There is nothing for Iran to rejoice in this episode.

First, the failure of this particular mission was due to local weather condition, not due to anything done by Iranians. The fact that Americans were able to penetrate so deep in Iran should be a cause of alarm for Iran.

Second, this event contributed to ouster of "big pussy" Carter and paved way for Reagan's presidency, a presidents whose policy of introducing disruptive technologies broke down Soviet Union, a country which could have became an ally of Iran, by forcing them into bankrupting arm's race; and whose policies put US economy in an upward growth trajectory, a period of growth which lasted for three decades.

a country 9 month after revolution, unorganized military preparing for possible Iraq invasion,fighting with terror attacks. yeah sorry for the alarm.
about dead soldiers, they are martyrs for US and invaders for us.

@anonymus

They were terrorists and rapists who did a coup in Iran and destroyed iranian democracy in 1952. So they deserved to die (In vietnam, korea, somalia, iraq, afghanistan,Lebanon, during world war etc) and they will continue to die.

How is that relevant to argument.

I wrote this

to counter this argument

they died in their motherland, defending their motherland and not 7000 mi away in middle of desert. bear it deep in your mind we call them Martyrs.

My contention here was to demonstrate that distance does not have any affect on morality of Solider's action in the contrasts presented here.

An American solider flying into Iran to rescue his nation's diplomats is doing equivalent service for his nation as an Iranian charging Iraqi machine gun nest is doing for Iran.

a country 9 month after revolution, unorganized military preparing for possible Iraq invasion,fighting with terror attacks. yeah sorry for the alarm.
about dead soldiers, they are martyrs for US and invaders for us.

The internal difficulties that Iran was facing is not pertinent to discussion of Embassy's takeover or it's aftermath for decision to take over embassy was a political, not a militaristic decision.

Embassy takeover may have been a domestically popular decision but it was politically detrimental to Iran's interest, both short term and long term. In short term, it helped a person to win US election who would prove himself to be one of the best president in post WWII US history and whose policies would cause break up Soviet union and who would increase US'S power, both Economic and military, manifold.In long term, it turned US public opinion against Iran and marginalized leftist allies of Iran.

Last edited:
How is that relevant to argument.

I wrote this

to counter this argument

My contention here was to demonstrate that distance does not have any affect on morality of Solider's action in the contrasts presented here.

An American solider flying into Iran to rescue his nation's diplomats is doing equivalent service for his nation as an Iranian charging Iraqi machine gun nest is doing for Iran.
let me ask you a questing are the British soldiers who died for east India company are martyrs? they were soldiers and they died for queen and GB, trying to protect GB's interests, queen's name , protecting their countrymen, what an honor...?

let me ask you a questing are the British soldiers who died for east India company are martyrs? they were soldiers and they died for queen and GB, trying to protect GB's interests, queen's name , protecting their countrymen, what an honor...?

Certainly they are.

Those British were defending Great Britain's interests. They were not mercenaries and died for prosperity of their countrymen.

Certainly they are.

Those British were defending Great Britain's interests. They were not mercenaries and died for prosperity of their countrymen.
are they martyrs just for UK or other countries should respect them too countries like India.?

are they martyrs just for UK or other countries should respect them too countries like India.?

They are martyrs for UK but they are respected by India too as a professional courtesy. On republic day of India, it is customary for Indian president to pay homage to shrine constructed in honour of soldiers of British Indian Army.

They are martyrs for UK but they are respected by India too as a professional courtesy. On republic day of India, it is customary for Indian president to pay homage to shrine constructed in honour of soldiers of British Indian Army.
diplomatic.:tup:

Is it common in islam to wish others in hell? I read that alot here. In christianity we believe only god judges about a person and the one who wishs others into hell will most likely go to hell himself. Evry lost life is a tragedy. It is sad, that most muslims have forgotten about this. I believe sometimes that islam is a dead religion, simply because there are no muslims left. The islam i know from our history lessons was much different to what you show me here. I learned that Saladin for example was a kind and wise muslim ruler who never wished death and hell on anyone.

We were in war with him, yet we hold him in high respect in europe.

Is it common in islam to wish others in hell? I read that alot here. In christianity we believe only god judges about a person and the one who wishs others into hell will most likely go to hell himself. Evry lost life is a tragedy. It is sad, that most muslims have forgotten about this. I believe sometimes that islam is a dead religion, simply because there are no muslims left. The islam i know from our history lessons was much different to what you show me here. I learned that Saladin for example was a kind and wise muslim ruler who never wished death and hell on anyone.

We were in war with him, yet we hold him in high respect in europe.
ME section of PDF is violation against Geneva Conventions, dont take it serious... :lol:

they died because of your Politicians. and i dont see any Iranian member insulting your dead soldiers.
and lets skip this "playing innocent" part.

Maybe you should see post number 2. Don't embarrass yourself again when you claim you don't see anybody insulting our dead.

Back
Top Bottom