What's new

'Iran imports 149 tonnes of uranium from Russia'

Hindustani78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
AFP | Last Updated: Monday, February 6, 2017 - 13:57
http://zeenews.india.com/world/iran-imports-149-tonnes-of-uranium-from-russia_1974110.html

Tehran: Iran will receive the final part of a 149-tonne shipment of uranium from Russia as part of its nuclear deal with world powers, it was announced today.

"The first shipment arrived on January 26 by plane and the last will arrive tomorrow, Tuesday," said Ali Akbar Salehi, head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation, according to Fars news agency.

Under the nuclear deal signed with world powers in July 2015, Iran has the right to enrich uranium to a level of 3.5 percent and sell it abroad, as part of efforts to develop its civilian nuclear programme.

Nuclear weapons require uranium enriched to around 80 percent.

With the latest shipment, which was authorised by the United States and the other five signatories to the deal, Salehi said Iran has imported 359 tonnes of concentrated uranium, also known as yellow cake, since the nuclear deal came into effect in January 2016.

Under the deal, Iran is allowed to run around 5,000 "IR-1" centrifuges and has been testing more advanced models that can produce greater quantities of enriched uranium -- all under the strict supervision of the UN atomic agency.

Last month, Iranian officials said they had successfully tested the latest-generation IR-8 centrifuge, which has a capacity 20 times the IR-1, with uranium gas.

First Published: Monday, February 6, 2017 - 13:57

Iran should have the bomb instead of these $hit.

The Nuclear Deal should be considered to be canceled by the civilized world. It is too much of a cost to tolerate Iran's constant violation of its international obligations and its threat to the World's peace.

The Nuclear Deal should be considered to be canceled by the civilized world. It is too much of a cost to tolerate Iran's constant violation of its international obligations and its threat to the World's peace.
If we consider the possibility of existence of the so-called civilized world and assume that as you wanna us to believe it is worry about Iran constant violation of its international obligations which per se is a vague claim , Firstly and by all do respect I pretty sure that you and your country not only ain't a part of it in fact every thing is known and related to civilized world is galaxy away from your country , secondly the nuclear deal was signed by the very same civilized world that you admire the most which certainly you don't represent them .Apparently except some warmongers that are hated the most even in their own countries and Bibi and new brand of Orange all sides wanna keep the deal alive.

I consider a 'civilized world' that thinks Saudi Arabia and its minions are 'allies in fighting terrorism' among the savage parts of the world actually.

Right, and Saudi is part of the "civilized world"? If Saudi is your definition of "civilized", I'd rather be uncivilized.

Saudi-Arabia-Women-Drivers-Cartoon.jpg

Right, and Saudi is part of the "civilized world"? If Saudi is your definition of "civilized", I'd rather be uncivilized.

Saudi-Arabia-Women-Drivers-Cartoon.jpg
I didn't mean KSA when I said the civilized world as it is still a developing country. I meant countries of rule of law and high economic and management standards. These countries use a civilized measure (the sanctions) which are better than planes unloading bombs over cities, to make the Iranian regime realizes its massive damage caused by the wide support of terror and sectarianism in the region.

I didn't mean KSA when I said the civilized world as it is still a developing country. I meant countries of rule of law and high economic and management standards. These countries use a civilized measure (the sanctions) which are better than planes unloading bombs over cities, to make the Iranian regime realizes its massive damage caused by the wide support of terror and sectarianism in the region.
No najdi they don't sanction iran because of that they sanction them because they are against the west

Sanctions are just as uncivilised as bombs, especially when they are used with fake excuses like "terror and sectarianism", when they are really just a tool of western foreign policy with some label like "human rights" or "terror" attached to them for the public eye. The naive and stupid public accepts this wholeheartedly, you included. Though I don't know, maybe you are just fooling yourself.

Sanctions are just as uncivilised as bombs....
The sanctions against Iraq were harsher I think, and I didn't agree on them when they were imposed (I believe they included medicinal boycott too). Without sanctions the clergymen regime in Iran wouldn't have given up any concessions. Sanctions are better than war, and many of the Iranian diaspora folks who hate the akhoonds' guts are happy to weaken the akhoonds by sanctions. The clergymen regime took Iran into huge hostility with big portion of the world, and guess what, it fed its own people with propaganda and slogans instead (marg bar Amrika مرگ بر امريكا). You know what is really sad? When you see that Iranians, despite the regime's intense propaganda, want or even dream of studying or immigrating to the Shytan buzorg شيطان بزرگ (the biggest Satan i.e. the US). Here you realize the true meaning of failure.

and many of the Iranian diaspora folks who hates the akhoonds' guts are happy to weaken the akhoonds by sanctions

Actually, I've only seen the NCRI scum say this. Even the most pathetic of Shahis are not indecent enough to think this. I wonder what demographic you are looking at.

You know what it really sad? When you see that Iranians, despite the regime's intense propaganda, want or even dream of studying or immigrating to Shytan buzorg

Speaking of dreaming lol, looks like you're dreaming.

Last time I looked Iran never opposed people going to get a better education (funnily enough, Harvard is better than Sharif... would you believe it...).

The clergymen regime took Iran into huge hostility with big portion of the world

NATO has many members, and Arab states are inherently sectarian, so I guess yes, a big portion of the world was upset that we became independent.

Now go cry me a river Wahhabi. Iran isn't under sanctions anymore and is growing rapidly. Meanwhile Saudi bankrupts itself fighting farmers with AKs wearing sandals. That is the true meaning of failure.

Actually, I've only seen the NCRI scum say this. Even the most pathetic of Shahis are not indecent enough to think this. I wonder what demographic you are looking at.

Speaking of dreaming lol, looks like you're dreaming.

Last time I looked Iran never opposed people going to get a better education (funnily enough, Harvard is better than Sharif... would you believe it...).

NATO has many members, and Arab states are inherently sectarian, so I guess yes, a big portion of the world was upset that we became independent.

Now go cry me a river Wahhabi. Iran isn't under sanctions anymore and is growing rapidly. Meanwhile Saudi bankrupts itself fighting farmers with AKs wearing sandals. That is the true meaning of failure.

You seem to be in denial doostam. You don't live in Iran yourself, and you decided to live in the UK instead. You won't deny that there is economic hardship in Iran. From your signature, you appear to be a supportive of the Islamic Republic. Yet, that republic didn't convince you to stay in it. And by the way, it is true that many Iranians wish to immigrate outside of Iran, and the US is one of the most desired destinations (but its visa might be harder than many other immigration-open countries).

@AmirPatriot, btw, do you also deny that even in terms of Islamic values, the IR didn't succeed? The number of atheists and agnostics in Iran has never been higher, and it is difficult to find a Youtube video (as a simple example that can be tested by you now) about Islam in Farsi without Iranians posting the most obscene slurs against Islam.

You seem to be in denial doostam. You don't live in Iran yourself, and you decided to live in the UK instead. You won't deny that there is economic hardship in Iran. From your signature, you appear to be a supportive of the Islamic Republic. Yet, that republic didn't convince you to stay in it. And by the way, it is true that many Iranians wish to immigrate outside of Iran, and the US is one of the most desired destinations (but its visa might be harder than many other immigration-open countries).

I left Iran when I was 7 you moron, not much of a decision on my part, was it? Frankly, I don't see why it is of any concern to you. If you must ask, the biggest gripe I have with living in Iran is the climate.

@AmirPatriot, btw, do you also deny that even in terms of Islamic values, the IR didn't succeed? The number of atheists and agnostics in Iran has never been higher, and it is difficult to find a Youtube video (as a simple example that can be tested by you now) about Islam in Farsi without Iranians posting the most obscene slurs against Islam.

Show me one country where atheism as a proportion hasn't grown since 1979... it is a clear trend, where wealth and hence materialism increases, so does atheism. Then again, I guess "rafidi" Iran has never been Islamic for you guys.

As for the nuclear deal, it was a victory for Iran and a great failure for the west. For nearly 10 years they constantly said Iran cannot be allowed to enrich uranium, yet Iran persevered. The resulting temporary restrictions are merely a face saving measures. Iran got sanctions removed (even though they didn't break Iran's back as the west intended) so the Americans could save their ugly face. Seems like a good deal to me.

I left Iran when I was 7 you moron, not much of a decision on my part, was it? Frankly, I don't see why it is of any concern to you. If you must ask, the biggest gripe I have with living in Iran is the climate.

Show me one country where atheism as a proportion hasn't grown since 1979... it is a clear trend, where wealth and hence materialism increases, so does atheism. Then again, I guess "rafidi" Iran has never been Islamic for you guys.

As for the nuclear deal, it was a victory for Iran and a great failure for the west. For nearly 10 years they constantly said Iran cannot be allowed to enrich uranium, yet Iran persevered. The resulting temporary restrictions are merely a face saving measures. Iran got sanctions removed (even though they didn't break Iran's back as the west intended) so the Americans could save their ugly face. Seems like a good deal to me.
It wasn't a bad deal, I agree. We (the tazis), say that the Persian man's patience for making a conspiracy equals his patience in waving his carpet. You also seem to agree that the Islamic Republic made a considerable amount of Iranians leave the faith all together (when the clergy objected during shah time only to some moral issues, now the faith is being gradually lost). This is really a sad end for the revolution. I even heard some diaspora Iranians (who are anti-Islam ) to thank the IR for its role in de-islamsing Iran (something that no ruler before them could do).

Back
Top Bottom