What's new

International 20/20 cricket league

all things get sorted out once efforts are put. This is all hypothetical discussion and once Dubai is serious enough to organize such event you will see the things happening by yourself.

Money talks my boy, money talks! - once the money is there and will to organize such event is there, All Done!
Bingo........now ultimately u got it rite. BCCI has both money and gr8 domestic market. i think BCCI has more money than all other boards together. i read on paper that australia didn't get against India (during india tour of australia) because australian board takes 10 years to recover the cost if india abandoned the tour.

Bingo........now ultimately u got it rite. BCCI has both money and gr8 domestic market. i think BCCI has more money than all other boards together. i read on paper that australia didn't get against India (during india tour of australia) because australian board takes 10 years to recover the cost if india abandoned the tour.

lol, all cricket boards are running in profit as far as i know. Please prove your point or i take it as a rumour

You know something, BCCI has 29 employees, Australian Cricket Board has 27 and Pakistan has over 600 but still we are running in profit :lol: despite the fact there is almost no tour in our country. At one stage PCB had more than 1200 employees but still they were going in profit :rofl:

When a tournament is held, both countries are committed to fullfill their promises, because the advertisors and hosting, coverage rights are awarded after the tournament is fixed. So stop thinking hypothetical questions that what IF India had refused to tour. You can also think opposite like, What if Australia had refused to tour india in response? - they too would have suffer heavy losses but international tournaments does not go like that. They fullfill their promises

lol, all cricket boards are running in profit as far as i know. Please prove your point or i take it as a rumour

You know something, BCCI has 29 employees, Australian Cricket Board has 27 and Pakistan has over 600 but still we are running in profit :lol: despite the fact there is almost no tour in our country. At one stage PCB had more than 1200 employees but still they were going in profit :rofl:

When a tournament is held, both countries are committed to fullfill their promises, because the advertisors and hosting, coverage rights are awarded after the tournament is fixed. So stop thinking hypothetical questions that what IF India had refused to tour. You can also think opposite like, What if Australia had refused to tour india in response? - they too would have suffer heavy losses but international tournaments does not go like that. They fullfill their promises
hahhahaha.... ur interpretation skills, wht one can say massallah. i didn't talk about profit, i was talking about the huge gap they have in terms of profits. IPL itself is 4.13 bn dollar baby. i donot need to tell u how costly are the new two franchisee. as far as commitment is concern so many teams refused to tour pakistan before lahore attack. so commitment is not only parameter. other parameters are self respect and safety issues. so in australia we were accused of racism. that's y it was not a big deal for us to abandoned the tour. that is y they gone soft. if u want to confirm contact to andrew symonds. he will tell u the story

In Dubai, you will find the stadium packed as well, as we have witnessed in past.

what dubai matches are you talking about ??

lets say there dubai organises such tournament..how will the teams be formd to make it interesting enough for audience to come and see ??

1 )lets say India vs pakistan (I mean country wise )..then how long will the league go on ?? it will be like a T20 WC.which I am sure ICC wont allow, neither teams will have time...so we rule this out.

2) lets say they organise it like a mixed team with foreign players from all the countries (which itself is not possible as IPL already is there and the scheduling will be impossible),then whom will the crowd support ? where is the reason to support a team ? in IPL a Punjabi supports kings XI punjab,hyderabadi supports Deccan Chargers and so the crowd presence..which will be a big failure as we saw pakistan vs England in dubai..there was no crowd at all.

so in short..India has the big market and the big investors both. this makes it impossibl to beat, wether you organise something in Australia,pakistan,england or even dubai.

Zaki common man, expect more than this from you, please atleast research the BCCI before posting. The BCCI is a monster in the world of cricket. Just the IPL is alteast 10 times bigger than the PCB in value. In terms of a international 20/20, only the BCCI currently hs the resources to hold such a tournament. ECB has already scrapped its idea of a IPL like tournament and others are also not that keen. Sorry to say but the IPL will remain the lone competitor in this market for some time.

dear........ dear........... dear..........

Public comes to watch matches but matches too has to be interesting. Who will going to watch Bangladesh vs Kenya in the best ground of India?

IPL being a short form game attracts more visitors. Take an example of WC 2009 in England where it was almost impossible to buy tickets before 2 weeks of the match.

IPL is a T-20 tournament and that is way attracting large crowd, organise similar tournament in UK and you will find similar crowd from UK as well, and mind you even if there is less crowd but in the end UK will be generating more money because of the expensive tickets.

In UK, 1 T20 match's ticket cost you around 40 pounds and if a major tournament a lot more than that. In India it costs at least 5 times less

In Dubai, you will find the stadium packed as well, as we have witnessed in past.
Never been to India and still so sure that it wud cost 5 times lesser?

Well at Feroze Shah Kotla ,New Delhi, for an IPL t-20 the starting ticket is at Rs.500 and the most expensive one is of Rs.35000.
So plz dont make claims until and unless sure about it.

well i dont think so it is good to lauch ipl like a league for pakistan it make players hungry for money not for country and you see what indians have got in last 2 T 20 world cups after the ipl launched

India has never been good in World tournaments but we are still No.1 in Test and No.2 in ODI's
Way ahead of Pakistan even though Pak doesnt have its own league!

What was so much to laugh and how does it proves the fact that BCCI is the richest sport governing body in the world?:what::what:

Board of Control for Cricket in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. where are the sponsors, who are willing to spend millions???

Threres enough companies in the countries listed that sponsorship should not be a problem........the reason for sponsorship should be so that the tournamount can be set up and it will not take hundreds of millions to that.The stadiums are already built.

2. where are the audience who come regularly to watch matches??

Between pakistan-sri lanks-bangladesh theres an audience of of nearly 350 million and if you bring on board the other countires excluding china theres nearly half a billion.

3. who will take the mighty BCCI head on??

It would be run with the consent of the BCCI

4. who can run the show for so long??? they don't have modi.

Am sure they can find someone.

5. quality players???

Plenty of players out there.

6. window in international calender.

The league would be spread over the years so given ample time to find days that are free.......its only a 20-20 match and does not that take much time.

as far as england comcerns they already has T20 tournament in place with two foreign player in each team. other thing is england's weather condition (very volatile). in summer they are packed with their own schedule. so england is definitely out for sure. In dubai and abu dhabi as i already mentioned the match b/w engaland and pakistan was not housefull. the major source of revenue is not tickets, it is the broadcasting rights. why will broadcaster pay such heavy fees if only they get returns through advertisement. now tell me wht is the scope they would have with abu dhabi and pakistan. be realistic boys.

2) lets say they organise it like a mixed team with foreign players from all the countries (which itself is not possible as IPL already is there and the scheduling will be impossible),then whom will the crowd support ? where is the reason to support a team ? in IPL a Punjabi supports kings XI punjab,hyderabadi supports Deccan Chargers and so the crowd presence..which will be a big failure as we saw pakistan vs England in dubai..there was no crowd at all.

I was thinking along the lines that the city cricket teams would play a home and away game........karachi travel to dubai to take them on and later in the year dudai come to karachi.

Back
Top Bottom