What's new

International 20/20 cricket league

not possible to beat IPL...reason, the money,the billion+ audience, sponsorors and security.

Well beating IPL is possible. English cricket boards can easily beat them if one serious investor is found. IPL is also dominating by the investors, similar league can be created if some investors take keen interest from English countries.

btw Dubai/UAE too has potential to beat IPL due to various reasons

1) Arabs were also keen to host Pak vs India matches in Sharjah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi
2) There are a lot of arab investors willing to organise cricket tournaments in Arab countries
3) Large crowd from both Pakistan and India
4) more advertisement from all over the world and not just India.
5) Large supporters/spectators from all over the world, more coverage being it a nuteral tournament and not India-specific IPL only.
6) Improved security (there has been bomb blasts in India but i cannot remember any in middle east)
7) Improved infrastructure of the country

etc

Frankly speaking, there were equally same viewrs (in terms of %) in Pakistan watching IPL season 1 as India. That is because it seemed like a nuteral tournament and not just india-focussed domestic tournament. Trust me there will be significant amount of viewers watching from India if Dubai League is ever established

Well beating IPL is possible. English cricket boards can easily beat them if one serious investor is found. IPL is also dominating by the investors, similar league can be created if some investors take keen interest from English countries.

1) Arabs were also keen to host Pak vs India matches in Sharjah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi
2) There are a lot of arab investors willing to organise cricket tournaments in Arab countries
5) Large supporters/spectators from all over the world, more coverage being it a nuteral tournament and not India-specific IPL only.
6) Improved security (there has been bomb blasts in India but i cannot remember any in middle east)

etc

Frankly speaking, there were equally same viewrs (in terms of %) in Pakistan watching IPL season 1 as India. That is because it seemed like a nuteral tournament and not just india-focussed domestic tournament. Trust me there will be significant amount of viewers watching from India if Dubai League is ever established
7) Asim Aquil will get to watch tons of T20 cricket in Dubai :D

its the 8th reason not 7th :pop: you just replaced better infrastructure with you will get to watch tons of T20 cricket :lol:

Hardcore fans of Cricket like "Zaki" will be travelling to Dubai to watch some of these matches, which is close to impossible if held in India :rofl:

So expect more revenues if such tournament is held at nuteral places/grounds

Trust me there will be significant amount of viewers watching from India if Dubai League is ever established

Ironically, if ever such a league is formed, it will depend on Indian money as well. Ever since CWC 1999 (which was sponsored by Pepsi India!), all major tournaments have had Indian sponsorship in a big way. Even the recent Asia cup had Indian companies sponsoring ads in Hindi.

Money may still be the least of the problems. Running the league will be the biggest challenge. In fact, even the IPL will be under scrutiny for the next edition - need to see of it can run without Lalit Modi.

I simply don't see this league happening - all boards, including the PCB have a lot at stake with the BCCI. Monopoly is not something I like, but even Australia, SA and England have grudgingly accepted the fact.

i thought you all were talking about some thing similar started by pakistan..involving BD and Sri lanka and matches ate Dubai...anyways..on your point..

I dont agree..what matters is the crowd,the sposorors ready to invst in cricket..sorry but any big investor, with that much of money will rather invest in soccer in England than cricket,they need business,not just for the sake of investment,they'll invest...the english cricket loving crowd isnt as big a market as India's .

etc

again,as I would say, india's audience is too big a market to beat..apart from that a home crowd is what makes the big difference..and moreovr IPl since onc has got the approval of ICC,its not possible to organise another league where too many international players can be invited,with a clash of cricketing schedules..may be they can start with bringing playrs from BD,hong kong,scotland,USA,etc as somone was suggesting.

my dear friends, 80% of total cricket revenue comes from india, mighty aussies were on their knees when india toured australia, forget??? one more thing how much public would come to watch T20 matches on weekdays. in india, even on weekdays huge audience come. V recently had seen how much public came to c PAK and England matches (even on wekends) .........lol...khayali pulav banaya hai aaj khane mein???

my dear friends, 80% of total cricket revenue comes from india, mighty aussies were on their knees when india toured australia, forget??? one more thing how much public would come to watch T20 matches on weekdays. in india, even on weekdays huge audience come. V recently had seen how much public came to c PAK and England matches (even on wekends) .........lol...khayali pulav banaya hai aaj khane mein???

pak and england matches where, in dubai or england??

dear........ dear........... dear..........

Public comes to watch matches but matches too has to be interesting. Who will going to watch Bangladesh vs Kenya in the best ground of India?

IPL being a short form game attracts more visitors. Take an example of WC 2009 in England where it was almost impossible to buy tickets before 2 weeks of the match.

IPL is a T-20 tournament and that is way attracting large crowd, organise similar tournament in UK and you will find similar crowd from UK as well, and mind you even if there is less crowd but in the end UK will be generating more money because of the expensive tickets.

In UK, 1 T20 match's ticket cost you around 40 pounds and if a major tournament a lot more than that. In India it costs at least 5 times less

In Dubai, you will find the stadium packed as well, as we have witnessed in past.

well i dont think so it is good to lauch ipl like a league for pakistan it make players hungry for money not for country and you see what indians have got in last 2 T 20 world cups after the ipl launched

well i dont think so it is good to lauch ipl like a league for pakistan it make players hungry for money not for country and you see what indians have got in last 2 T 20 world cups after the ipl launched

it all depends how you manage the league, you can discover great talents through organising the league

dear........ dear........... dear..........

Public comes to watch matches but matches too has to be interesting. Who will going to watch Bangladesh vs Kenya in the best ground of India?

IPL being a short form game attracts more visitors. Take an example of WC 2009 in England where it was almost impossible to buy tickets before 2 weeks of the match.

IPL is a T-20 tournament and that is way attracting large crowd, organise similar tournament in UK and you will find similar crowd from UK as well, and mind you even if there is less crowd but in the end UK will be generating more money because of the expensive tickets.

In UK, 1 T20 match's ticket cost you around 40 pounds and if a major tournament a lot more than that. In India it costs at least 5 times less

In Dubai, you will find the stadium packed as well, as we have witnessed in past.
again u didn't address about the main concerns. let me write for u.

1. where are the sponsors, who are willing to spend millions???
2. where are the audience who come regularly to watch matches??
3. who will take the mighty BCCI head on??
4. who can run the show for so long??? they don't have modi.
5. quality players???
6. window in international calender.

as far as england comcerns they already has T20 tournament in place with two foreign player in each team. other thing is england's weather condition (very volatile). in summer they are packed with their own schedule. so england is definitely out for sure. In dubai and abu dhabi as i already mentioned the match b/w engaland and pakistan was not housefull. the major source of revenue is not tickets, it is the broadcasting rights. why will broadcaster pay such heavy fees if only they get returns through advertisement. now tell me wht is the scope they would have with abu dhabi and pakistan. be realistic boys.

again u didn't address about the main concerns. let me write for u.

1. where are the sponsors, who are willing to spend millions???
2. where are the audience who come regularly to watch matches??
3. who will take the mighty BCCI head on??
4. who can run the show for so long??? they don't have modi.
5. quality players???
6. window in international calender.

as far as england comcerns they already has T20 tournament in place with two foreign player in each team. other thing is england's weather condition (very volatile). in summer they are packed with their own schedule. so england is definitely out for sure. In dubai and abu dhabi as i already mentioned the match b/w engaland and pakistan was not housefull. the major source of revenue is not tickets, it is the broadcasting rights. why will broadcaster pay such heavy fees if only they get returns through advertisement. now tell me wht is the scope they would have with abu dhabi and pakistan. be realistic boys.
all things get sorted out once efforts are put. This is all hypothetical discussion and once Dubai is serious enough to organize such event you will see the things happening by yourself.

Money talks my boy, money talks! - once the money is there and will to organize such event is there, All Done!

Back
Top Bottom