What's new

Interceptor spot on, though without blast: DRDO

It was not a partial success。It was a complete failure。

Try again next time。

You are bound to be successful sooner or later。

Try again next time。

These technologies are evolved after several trials.... If you have read the article i am sure you would realized that it was a partial success...... There are several more trials on the way, and it may be a success, partial or a complete failure...... Any system fails in the trials is a good sign.... because that gives the oppertunity to those designers and makers a chance to fine tune their product..... as i said before It is best have a product which fails during the trials than a product which fails on actual usage.....

Try again next time。

Yes, you were present during the test ..lol.

Great news for India. Few more tests and we shall have two tier BMD .. :tup:

These technologies are evolved after several trials.... If you have read the article i am sure you would realized that it was a partial success...... There are several more trials on the way, and it may be a success, partial or a complete failure...... Any system fails in the trials is a good sign.... because that gives the oppertunity to those designers and makers a chance to fine tune their product..... as i said before It is best have a product which fails during the trials than a product which fails on actual usage.....

bhai , it was not a partial success but a complete success .

Here is the DRDO press release ...... http://drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/dpi/press_release/pdv.pdf

India interceptor missile test for strategic deterrence: China

India's successful test to intercept an incoming missile at high altitude has evoked mixed reactions among Chinese military and strategic experts who believe that advances made by India in anti-ballistic missile technology are aimed at strategic deterrence.

India's anti-missile test on Sunday intercepting targets outside the atmosphere is more aimed at "strategic deterrence", as this technology will make its enemies feel the strike power of their missiles is diminished, Wang Ya'nan, a senior editor at Aerospace Knowledge magazine, told state-run Global Times.

The Indian interceptor missile was test-fired from the launch complex-IV on Wheeler Island, just over a minute after the target missile was fired from a ship located nearly 70 km off the Paradip coast.

India is developing a two-tier missile defence system, which will destroy an incoming missile outside the earth's atmosphere, and if that fails, go on to intercept it within the atmosphere.

The missile is capable of destroying an incoming missile with a strike range of around 2,000 km outside the atmosphere.

While some Chinese military experts agreed that India has made progress in missile interception technology, others cast doubt over the significance of the latest launch.

"It's hard to conclude whether India's anti-missile technology has reached a certain level, as they also launched the target missile, so the launch time and ballistic data are all readily available," the daily quoted an unidentified Chinese missile expert.

He said China has developed relatively mature anti-ballistic missile capabilities based on Russia's S300 system which are ready for combat, but India is still experimenting with it.

China bid to sell its Red Flag-9 anti-missile system to Turkey last year in a potential USD 3.44 billion deal, although NATO then exerted pressure on Ankara to abandon the deal, which still hangs in the balance.

Song Zhongping, a former lecturer on missile technology and now military affairs commentator in Beijing, said India's new interceptor missile "could only be similar to the level of Chinese missiles in the 1990s".

He said that the target missile was not advanced and lacks effective evasive techniques which had made it easier for the interceptor to strike the target.

In real combat, however, it is hard for even the most advanced interceptors produced by the US, such as the Patriot missile, to hit Chinese missile targets, another missile expert said.

India has tested seven interceptor missiles in recent years of which six were successful.

The expert admitted China's anti-missile technology is at least 15-20 years away from the US, in terms of the response time,target accuracy and comprehensive information technology.

India interceptor missile test for strategic deterrence: China

What a crap!!Interceptors based on S 300 better than the PDV huh??
What is the target interception altitude of S 300 and PDV??
Ans: 30 km max for S 300,140+ km for PDV.

Which interceptor has got higher speed??
What are the radars used in both systems??

The Indian system is ahead In almost each and every parameters yet the Chinese system i based on outdated S 300 has to better!!Why Mr Chinese "strategists"??Because it's developed by super power China??

Only thing they could've state was that they have already deployed a make-shift system in place and India hasn't,nothing more nothing less.

Try again next time。

It wasn't,actually the test was a complete success.The directional warhead onboard the interceptor wasn't meant to be exploded at all.Their sole aim was to check the efficiency and accuracy dual seekers onboard the PDV and whether or not they can manage to guide the interceptors close enough to the incoming missile warhead where the proximity fuse could work.And they were successful in achieving that aim,so the test was a success.

I don't know how to put this in anymore easier english.So if you are not trolling or you are not a complete retard with total lack of comprehension abilities to understand simple english....then you should not have any problems getting this.

Last edited:
What a crap!!Interceptors based on S 300 better than the PDV huh??
What is the target interception altitude of S 300 and PDV??
Ans: 30 km max for S 300,140+ km for PDV.

Which interceptor has got higher speed??
What are the radars used in both systems??

The Indian system is ahead In almost each and every parameters yet the Chinese system i based on outdated S 300 has to better!!Why Mr Chinese "strategists"??Because it's developed by super power China??

Only thing they could've state was that they have already deployed a make-shift system in place and India hasn't,nothing more nothing less.

It wasn't,actually the test was a complete success.The directional warhead onboard the interceptor wasn't meant to be exploded at all.Their sole aim was to check the efficiency and accuracy dual seekers onboard the PDV and whether or not they can manage to guide the interceptors close enough to the incoming missile warhead where the proximity fuse could work.And they were successful in achieving that aim,so the test was a success.

I don't know how to put this in anymore easier english.So if you are not trolling or you are not a complete retard with total lack of comprehension abilities to understand simple english....then you should not have any problems getting this.

The only two advantages that the S-300 has over the PDV and BMD architecture is a history of operational deployment and a mobile sensor package.

On the other hand, the S-300 is severely limited in its BMD role.

The only two advantages that the S-300 has over the PDV and BMD architecture is a history of operational deployment and a mobile sensor package.

On the other hand, the S-300 is severely limited in its BMD role.

Of course.This is what I wanted to convey here.Infact that was the reason why India rejected S 300PMU2 in the 90s and went on to develop its own BMD system. By the way,if I'm not wrong the primary radar of S 300 and its Chinese clones are still PESA sensor,correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course.This is what I wanted to convey here.Infact that was the reason why India rejected S 300PMU2 in the 90s and went on to develop its own BMD system. By the way,if I'm not wrong the primary radar of S 300 and its Chinese clones are still PESA sensor,correct me if I'm wrong.

Even s-400 has pesa I think.
But chinese have modified the s-300 to a great degree and the testament to that is the contract its clone won in turkey defeating american and russian systems.

On indian bmd vs s-300 we lack the mobitity and flexibility of s-300 and don't forget russians have way better radars than us(still).

Just checked.
Even radars have an ability to track only 200-300 km targets.
400 km for s-400 but max height of interception is just 30 km.

What are the specs of radar of bmd?anyone?

Imho s-systems are good for uav's and aircrafts,they have limited/no abm role

Just checked.
Even radars have an ability to track only 200-300 km targets.
400 km for s-400 but max height of interception is just 30 km.

What are the specs of radar of bmd?anyone?

Imho s-systems are good for uav's and aircrafts,they have limited/no abm role

The radar on the BMD is a green pine derivative, "swordfish". With a maximum detection range of a 700-800Km and an altitude cap that is far higher than anything on the S series (substantiated data so far shows that it can successfully provide targeting data to interceptor vehicle for crossing off an inbound at an altitude of 80km). Statements by the Israelis outline an ability to detect a target with a frontal RCS which mimics that of a cricket ball out to a very considerable distance. But this superior performance is the result of a large and arguably low-mobility sensor.

The BMD needs a mobile high powered X-band precision targeting radar system which is mobile and operates in conjunction with the Swordfish, that we do not have yet.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom