What's new

Inside Pakistan’s War On TikTok

In the 1980s, Chinese parents opposed roller skating rinks and billiard rooms. In the 1990s, Chinese parents opposed street video game arcades. At the beginning of this century, Chinese parents opposed online games and Internet cafes. Now Chinese parents opposed mobile games

I blame parents for this. Most parents are so out of touch with their children's lives that children find it hard to relate to them. Most desi uncles and aunties spend most of their time on Whatsapp, sharing so much fake news and conspiracy theories, this is even more dangerous than Tiktok.
The desi aunties love what's app for gossiping and a small thing by the time it dies the rounds with the aunties is huge .

So true waz they seem to not know what to say how to change the subject none of the things that are second nature to us. When I go out to eat with my wife or friends I get angry when I see kids not talking to each other but on their phones and then the food arrives the first thing they do is take photos of their food. My wife always asks me why a group of people I don't know gets me so angry I can't explain it. Facebook likes telling people about everything they do and just living your life based on likes and the need for approval seems such a waste of the little time we get . There is such a need now by kids to please friends they will never meet or know about other than what they show online which is mostly only them having a good time i just think it adds extra need on the young to live a perfect life. Life is not perfect it never goes to plan and hurt and betrayal is a part of life that these online friends don't show.

Couldn't have said it better. The thing is this inability to get themselves across well has begun to have repercussions in their professional lives. Try to interview them for a job opening and you'll see what I mean.
Another thing that has taken quite a hit which young folk did more of, before social media arrived was genuine interests. If you actually ask them what their interests and hobbies are you will get a blank, and no gaming and sitting on social media isn't a hobby. In the past you'd have scouts, cadets, building model planes/cars, keeping a pet, helping charity etc.

Last edited:
Actually tik tok type app exposed the society. And most Pakistanis did not like what they saw. I would say work on improving society. I wonder what kind of parents are there nowadays. There is no training kids or making them behave like humans or be serious. We are literally growing a generation of non serious "bhaand" who like to make fun of everything. Even our news channels have to put stupid and supposedly funny background music on news items.

Couldn't have said it better. The thing is this inability to get themselves across well has begun to have repercussions in their professional lives. Try to interview them for a job opening and you'll see what I mean.
Another thing that has taken quite a hit which young folk did more of, before social media arrived was genuine interests. If you actually ask them what their interests and hobbies are you will get a blank, and no gaming and sitting on social media isn't a hobby. In the past you'd have scouts, cadets, building model planes/cars, keeping a pet, helping charity etc.
I honestly think kids have not got the patience for hobbies such as model plane building. Everything is there in an instant for them. I hate being the old man moaning about the young generation but I am so glad I was born when I was. I saw the work ethic of my dad coming here working all the hours and starting a business the fight put in us by what we faced at school and not getting everything in an instant. When i tell my kids the responsibilities i had at a young age they don't believe me but it was fun going into the woods building a camp or building ramps to jump with our bikes plywood and timber that was thrown in skips . Couple of parota with dhee and out the door in summer back only to eat and exhausted at night from all the play miss the stress free life

There’s tiktok and then there’s Pakistani tiktok. I thought bangla tiktok was annoying. Nothing compared to Pakistan tiktok where guys cross dress and act like girls

So what? Personal expression can take many forms, right?
Mental disorders need treatment not endorsement.
There’s tiktok and then there’s Pakistani tiktok. I thought bangla tiktok was annoying. Nothing compared to Pakistan tiktok where guys cross dress and act like girls
I could share the stuff I see on the WhatsApp status of my cousins...

Actually tik tok type app exposed the society. And most Pakistanis did not like what they saw. I would say work on improving society. I wonder what kind of parents are there nowadays. There is no training kids or making them behave like humans or be serious. We are literally growing a generation of non serious "bhaand" who like to make fun of everything. Even our news channels have to put stupid and supposedly funny background music on news items.
This is exactly what I have been saying. Tiktok exposed our awam, our people always pretend to someone else when in reality they aren't much different than these Tiktokers. The stats don't lie.

It's a sad state of affairs brother. A half decent looking girl ,who sits there in revealing clothes busying herself with flashing her cleavage at simps makes more than a research scientist.....Let that sink in.
That's not her fault, if some men are big enough losers to pay for that content then she will exploit them. These men genuinely believe they have a chance with the girl. Look at the tantrums they throw when twitch streamers show their boyfriends/husbands.

Societal norms, culture, religion and if you don't believe in any of these things: nature.

Norms, culture and religion all depend on what we all actually do collectively, not what we claim. Nature has absolutely no dress code at all. We are all born naked.

Back
Top Bottom