What's new

Induction of Astra missile into IAF fleet will tilt the scales in India's favour

Actually US never disclosed that dual thrust prop will befor AIM260:

There were no glitches.
You own Kaiser Tufail admitted that contrary to pilots claiming a glitch M2K radar was emitting.

PL-15 dual pulse motors have total ignition time of just 20 secs (both pahases combined) in compraison the meteor ramhets stays on for 106 seconds.
PER INDIAN SOURCES۔..just google it man. Print.in printed it.
Aim 260 ISNOT A ramjet ..this was offically disclosed where do live at?..if its not ramjet than its obviously a rocket engine and probably a pulse rocket..as ion thrust engines and vodoo doesnt work on earth

Who told you about 15 seconds burn for PL-15?

The no escape zone of PL15 is about 60 to 80km
Source?

20to 30 km?
I was being generous actually.

Chinese have not used its weapons as there have never been a need but does that mean its useless?
Unproven and hence useless. Especially if it is chinese. Chinese have a history of overstating.

Do u know countries buy and induct weapons after extensive testing.
Not all countries. This is China we are taking about. Both manufacturer and customer of weapons are Chinese government, so no need to actually test anything. Who will complaint?

By ur logic even the S400
Russian weapons have a much longer history and their use has been proven --- though to a lesser degree than US and European weapons.

its has an AESA seeker
Chinese AESA seeker. Enough said.

Again an extremely immature argument.
Here is the thing. When it comes to war, you can only trust weapons that are proven. And your weapon makers who have a track record. China has none. None what so ever.

The PL15 achieves mach 4 so tell me how is its NEZ limited?
LOL! 4 mach. R77 from 90s also does that. Must have NEZ of 100 km!

PER INDIAN SOURCES۔..just google it man. Print.in printed it.
Aim 260 ISNOT A ramjet ..this was offically disclosed where do live at?..if its not ramjet than its obviously a rocket engine and probably a pulse rocket..as ion thrust engines and vodoo doesnt work on earth

Who told you about 15 seconds burn for PL-15?
The Print is just a web tabloid with little credibility. It's main defence journo Snehesh Philip has trouble differentiating between BMP-1 & BMP-2.

AiM-260 will have a either a new secretive propulsion tech or a new secretive propellant. Nothing like PL-15s simple dual pulse.

Even 20 seconds is an exaggeration AIM-120D has just 14.86s burn (PL-15 is only slightly better than AIM-120D).

PL-15 dual pulse motors have total ignition time of just 20 secs (both phases combined) in comparison the m

Where did u get that from? If its total ignition is 20 secs then how does it travel 150km?

Source?

I was being generous actually.

Unproven and hence useless. Especially if it is chinese. Chinese have a history of overstating.

Not all countries. This is China we are taking about. Both manufacturer and customer of weapons are Chinese government, so no need to actually test anything. Who will complaint?

Russian weapons have a much longer history and their use has been proven --- though to a lesser degree than US and European weapons.

Chinese AESA seeker. Enough said.

Here is the thing. When it comes to war, you can only trust weapons that are proven. And your weapon makers who have a track record. China has none. None what so ever.

LOL! 4 mach. R77 from 90s also does that. Must have NEZ of 100 km!

What is ur source of it for 30km? And we are talking about Pakistan having it. Its also known fact that Pakistan does extensive and professional evaluation of any weapon being inducted. We went for Turkish helis instead of chinese.
Your only argument is that it's not good because its chinese. This is not the 90s, chinese products are no more substandard. Yes the US and Europe do lead in some aspects but in some aspects chinese rival them and even surpass them. Just recently it was observed in libya that chinese drones were better than Turkish. If Pakistan selects PL15 to counter meteor, be assured that it would be thoroughly evaluated.

watayvar you say iaf...
:coffee:...aah, tea is fantashtik!

Then how do you know it tilts things in favor of Pakistan?

Read my other point as well. PL-15 works in conjugation with J-20. Its J-20's stealth that makes PL-15 useful for China. That is assuming if it works at all.

Good, so you were given the blueprints of PL 15. Its dynamics, its kinetics, its uses, its ranges, its effectiveness!!

What is ur source of it for 30km?
As I said, I was just being generous. Chinese wares don't have any evidence of working. BTW, what was your source of 80KM NEZ?

Its also known fact that Pakistan does extensive and professional evaluation of any weapon being inducted.
And for BVRs you went to Chinese because you have no other option. Your jets were Chinese, your radar were Chinese. What else you could have inducted?

If Pakistan selects PL15 to counter meteor, be assured that it would be thoroughly evaluated.
As if you have any other option for missiles on your jets.

Good, so you were given the blueprints of PL 15. Its dynamics, its kinetics, its uses, its ranges, its effectiveness!!
Will you trust a weapon which has NO history of being successful? Neither its manufacturer? Your military does not. And when chips are down they always prefer to use their European or American weapons. Because they work.

Errr... nope. First its a Chinese weapon. Second its more like an AWACS/Tanker killer. Its range and kinematics against fighter is limited at best.
Indian dude, P-15 is for intercepting fighter jets not AWACS/TANKERS, for this purpose they are developing PL-XX, AMRAAM-D has a similar range as PL-15 , so this means AMRAAM-D is doesn't able to intercept fighter jets but capable to intercept only AWACS/TANKERS/BOMBERS, please clarify

As I said, I was just being generous. Chinese wares don't have any evidence of working. BTW, what was your source of 80KM NEZ?

And for BVRs you went to Chinese because you have no other option. Your jets were Chinese, your radar were Chinese. What else you could have inducted?

Will you trust a weapon which has NO history of being successful? Neither its manufacturer? Your military does not. And when chips are down they always prefer to use their European or American weapons. Because they work.
How many options are there for anyone? Very few countries make missiles of those ranges. Ur only argument that its chinese and doznt work, that too without proof, is immature and narrow minded. Cant argue with such mentality.

If I get a dollar every time a weapon system tilted the scales in IAF favors I would be a millionaire now.
But if I get a million dollar every time IAF had an upper hand over PAF in a war....well I die hungry.

And you have all the options, Russian, USA, Israel, but guess what happened on 27th Feb 19. Not even your best, Su 30s could come close to the border. You ended up awarding gallantry medals for avoiding the BVR missiles.

And look at PAF despite all things Chinese (According to you) still went and attack you in broad daylight, downed 2 jets, could have hit 9 in total. Not bad for relying the Chinese equipment. Not to mention, EW capabilities of PAF worked like a Gem.Complete denial of airspace to IAF.

Back
Top Bottom